What's new

Working around PSN Error Code: (CE-34878-0) to Play Mortal Kombat X

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If you're receiving an error code (PSN version) for Mortal Kombat X with the following: (CE-34878-0), then you're going to want to follow the steps below in order to bypass it "temporarily". It happened to me a few days ago as well as a few others on TYM and is quite annoying, considering that if you don't do the following process you literally cannot play Mortal Kombat X.

Look familiar?
error8.png

Do this via the WB Support forums:
If you are receiving error CE-34878-0 when launching the game on PS4 please try the following:

1. Sign out of PSN by going to Home Menu > Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Sign Out
2. Launch Mortal Kombat X
3. After reaching the main menu of Mortal Kombat X, sign back into PSN by going to Home Menu > Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Sign In

This work-around should allow you to play the game while the developers work on a permanent solution for players experiencing this issue.
Credit: @redrum_am

astronout

see you at the top.
ha i thought i was the only one with this issue.
anyways this has been my workaround:

pull out ethernet cord
start game
put in enthernet cord

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The solution is get rid of DRM in some capacity. No illegal copies of games? OK. That's it. End it there. There are so many rules that tell you how you are not allowed to use games that it has started interfering with simply playing games on the system you downloaded it to.

LEGEND

YES!
Resigning in after the game succefully launches makes the game crash for me

Guess I just can't play online till they fix this

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
you knew what you signed up for as soon as you actually put real, american money down for a ps4. no one to blame but yourself

them's the breaks

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
What's the latest patch version? Somebody told me they see the two upcoming DLC slots but I don't see it. I think I have the latest version based on when I check for updates, but I'm not truly sure.

sars

Noob
This is not working for me, everytime i go to launch the game it crashes. I was fine until sony had a stupid system update. I have the downloaded version

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
ha i thought i was the only one with this issue.
anyways this has been my workaround:

pull out ethernet cord
start game
put in enthernet cord
Resigning in after the game succefully launches makes the game crash for me

Guess I just can't play online till they fix this
This is not working for me, everytime i go to launch the game it crashes. I was fine until sony had a stupid system update. I have the downloaded version
Please read the first comment.

@STORMS can you add my solution to the OP so people have 2 options if yours doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.