What's new

WNF Featuring Mortal Kombat X on PSN Starting May 6th! #WHOSNEXT

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Next week just got bigger. Beginning Monday May 5th, players will be able to start signing up for the reputable West Coast Online event called, "Wednesday Night Fights: Online Edition". Alex Valle and his team at Level|Up will be hosting the event where players on the Playstation 4 side of the world can compete for awesome sponsored prizes and bragging rights.

In addition to this, the Top 8 players will be showcased the following Wednesday for their Main Event. More details taken from LevelUp-Series.com below:

wnfmkx.png

Weds Night Fights Spring Season is here and we’re absolutely excited to announce Mortal Kombat X is added to the Season lineup! We are bringing players together to compete in one of the most intense fighting games in history on PlayStation 4! Competitors will battle for a chance to win some of our amazing sponsored prizes and ultimate bragging rights all season long! For our dedicated Ultra Street Fighter IV players, we announced the Season 2 Grand Prize will win a trip to the largest fighting game tournament on the planet, Evolution Championship series! Weds Night Fights Spring Season hits home on May 6 at 6PM PST only on http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

Weds Night Fights Qualifiers – Mortal Kombat X

wnfpsn.jpg

Just like Ultra Street Fighter IV qualifiers, Mortal Kombat X sign ups starts every Monday and competition every Tuesday at 6PM PST. Top 8 players will be showcased every Weds during the main event! For more information about the sign up process please read our tournament process guide.

MKX Lobby Instructions: (Make sure you sign up as your PSN Gamer ID in challonge so your opponent and admins can find you!)

*Note: There will be a minimum of 2Mbps upload speed to enter! Players must link their speedtest.net bandwidth results on their PSN profiles to be eligible to enter!

1. Go online and select ‘ROOMS’

2. Look for room ‘WNF’

3. Look for your opponent in the lobby and challenge them to a private match. (Doesn’t matter who initiates the invitation.)

4. OPTIONAL: Manually search your opponent’s Gamer ID and start your own private match in versus. This method may take more time than the lobby because you have to search/add every entry.

Rules:

Best 2 out of 3 rounds

Best 2 out of 3 games

Double elimination

99 second rounds

Winner of each game must remain with the same character, loser can switch

Variation must remain on winners side, loser can switch

*Ermac meter build glitch is banned

*Kitana Mournful variation infinite is banned

Source: LevelUp-Series via @AlexValleSF4

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
This looks cool but just to clarify the first paragraph says Monday May 5th we can start signing up. Monday is the 4th and Tuesday is the 5th. So do signups start on M or T? Thanks in advance :)

Audit

Falls down too much
WNF USF4 is on PC, I wish this was. :( Though I understand why it isn't, with PC being a mess.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Kind of sucks that you guys literally are taking the sign up days and the day/time that I have been hosting online tournaments on tuesdays at 7pm.

I guess I will have to switch my days to sign up sundays and tournament wednesdays, since I am so sick and tired of people stealing my viewers just because they are tight with twitch and the evo community.

Last edited:

UPR_Nova

Noob
This looks cool but just to clarify the first paragraph says Monday May 5th we can start signing up. Monday is the 4th and Tuesday is the 5th. So do signups start on M or T? Thanks in advance :)
Don't know if you have found any more info concerning this but I've been keeping up as best I can with the process. I haven't found any registration links for any MKX tournaments on the LevelUp challonge site. I can only see the past events that have already been completed so hopefully, the tournament sign-ups start on Tuesday. Otherwise, I'm definitely going to need more info because I'm lost for sure lol.

Reactions: jmt