What's new

Why you should be excited for MKX in two months

REO

Undead
I can't believe there's not a thread like this already but I know so many of you are just as hype as I am so a thread like this needs to be made. Here are some reason why you should be excited for MK10 coming out in the next two months. Make sure to buckle up and strap down because some of these may be too awesome inducing of an emotional roller coaster for a few of us.

I - Resurgence of International competition

Who remembers the UK scene and some of it's amazing players that were very lively during MK9's heyday? Or how about Chile with all of it's players that was also home to the master tech Kung Lao? There were scenes with players from Poland, Italy, Australia, Greece, Germany, DR, Mexico, Angola, etc. etc. so MANY places and way too much to name that had a lot of activity. I am looking forward to all of those scenes coming back stronger and growing while adding global competition towards MKX. It will be AMAZING to see the different characters and different play styles when you tune into a tournament or a stream from a different part of the world. Plus, who doesn't love those dream line-ups and match ups from specific players in different countries and realms? The possibilities are endless.

II - New Top Players

With the arrival of a new game, brings a lot of interest and tons of new faces. There will be SO MANY new players that will be playing MKX and those who are wanting to learn. The great part about the Mortal Kombat series is they are not legacy games so you can be a player entirely new to the Mortal Kombat franchise and still have a chance at becoming the best player at the game, or a top player at the very least. This means that newcomers like John and Mandy don't have to have a lot of experience under their belt from past installments of games like MK9 and Injustice to have their shot at fame in MKX. MKX will also introduce new personalities that may become some of the greatest assets to our community. Who knows, maybe some of us one day will look back and say "Remember when that guy wasn't a part of this community, yet?" or "Remember when that player was just starting out and learning, now look at him now".

III - An all new "Loyalist strain"

Do you remember the term "Character Loyalist" and how some players have such pride in that characteristic and are very fond with it? Well MKX is going to introduce the all new VARIATION LOYALIST! That's right. I'm sure there will be some players that only like to play one character and only their ONE specific variation! It could be for any reason, whether they just love the variation and feel it fits them best or that they want to become the best specific character X variation player in the world. I think this will be awesome and bring a ton of meaning and interesting debates within the character community that will be cool to see. Imagine player A being the best overall player with Scorpion and all of his variations but player B is by far the best and most experienced player with Ninjitsu Scorpion! Seeing their outlook in different match ups on the character and their approach on the game as a whole will be very intriguing.

IV - Birth of new scenes or revival of old ones

This will be one of the great things to witness and be a part of for many of you. There will be so many new scenes constructing and evolving. Newly formed scenes like Vegas are going to be ready to kick ass from the get go. A year from now it will be compelling to see all the hot spots for MKX. What if one of the biggest areas are one of the entirely new established scenes some where in OR or CO? And who's ready to see come backs from scenes when they're back in it to win it? Be prepared to see many scenes making their great return ranging from; Houston TX, PA, Arizona, EGP, VSM, Ohio, Montreal, Atlanta, Massachusetts, etc. etc. And of course be prepared to see familiar faces from returning top players like Detroit, MichaelAngelo, Riu, Curbo, MyGod, CDjr, etc. etc.

It will be monumental.

Last edited by a moderator:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Extra likes for this post because it made no mention of the Capcom community and the communities "coming together" and all that BS that was spread prior to Injustice.
I believe the term you're looking for is "site-traffic plugging".

REO

Undead
I feel like the variations arent different enough for it to warrant a separate "loyalist" for each var. option. To me it seems like it would make a lot more sense to just study up on your character's three different types.
I don't know about that. Some characters have variations that look super different in almost a night and day fashion. Take hat trick Kung Lao and whirl hat spin Lao... just the strategies and meta behind what you could possibly do or abuse with those variations are nearly in different spectrums. Variations like Phase Shift Ermac and Fly Mac also come to mind. But you could be right, maybe some characters variations won't be too drastically different. I honestly can' wait to see though, it's gonna be so hype!

I am excited to see all the hardcore m9 players return, detroit, reo, tom brady, cdjr, maxter, cd, dizzy, han, tyrant etc. And also excited to see a lot of players who are still playing injustice, but are more motivated to do well in mk x

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Who wasn't already hype??lol MKX will hopefully be bigger and better then MK9 casual and comp wise.
All I know is with all these different variations Im going to be in the lab for like a week before I start to hit online seriously.
The month after the game drops is going to be..... Havik :DOGE

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Extra likes for this post because it made no mention of the Capcom community and the communities "coming together" and all that BS that was spread prior to Injustice.
Capcom:
Rico Suave
FilipinoMan
SaltFace
DarthArma
DragonGod
Insaynne
Rasaan
P2Win

Namco(/Capcom):
KDZ
Jonitti

Anime:
Jailhouse

Resident Evil:
Theo

I'm probably forgetting some people, but one of the things I liked about IGAU is how it did bring people together from various parts of the FGC. It's always cool to see people cross over, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again in MKX.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Capcom:
Rico Suave
SaltFace
DarthArma
DragonGod
Insaynne
Rasaan

Namco(/Capcom):
KDZ
Jonitti

Anime:
Jailhouse

Resident Evil:
Theo

I'm probably forgetting some people, but one of the things I liked about IGAU is how it did bring people together from various parts of the FGC. It's always cool to see people cross over, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again in MKX.
Obviously every game will bring new people (you forgot Filipinoman). We both know the above is not what people were talking about re: "communities coming together." Let's not be naive here. It was all about Filipino Champ (let's not forget his warnings to the NRS community), Justin Wong, and false dreams about team tournaments pitting NRS' finest against Capcom's finest, when everyone knew the usual suspects would just play the game for a few months then drop it.

At least, that's what I was referring to in my post.