What's new

Why Don't You Play Street Fighter?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
SF2 was my first fighter on SNES. I played every SF casually since then. I played SF4 a truckload when it first came out but quit when MK9 was released. Now I'm back trying to play it seriously. Now you:

Why don't you play SF4? Because you don't like it? Why not?

What could Capcom do to draw your interest?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I do not play Street Fighter because I am a hipster (to be perfectly honest). It just doesn't pertain to my interests. I would play it if it was free, but I have never had the temptation to go and purchase the game. I am content without trying it out. I do occasionally watch tournaments of it though.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I used to play it back when SF4 was first released in 09' since it was "new" and nothing else that really interested me was out. I enjoyed learning the new mechanics and liked the skill set required to be sucessful in the game. Over time and as the game developed I realized that I honestly just hated the pace of the game and felt like there really wasn't any excitement for me regardless of a win or a loss.

I follow the tournament scene and still respect the game and the skill set required to play it at a top level but I know it's not a game I desire spending any time on.

gdf

Noob
Control scheme, and that girl that keeps throwing her butt at you.

My first foray into Street Fighter was the Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, which entertained me a lot as a kid. So when I went to my cousin's my brother and I wanted to play Street Fighter Alpha 3.

But of course we go with Ryu and since there is only one controller we try arcade mode, and every single time that ass just kept throwing itself in our faces, only to leave me with repressed memories of some dumb shit beating me so handily in a fighting game.

If I could learn how to beat her, I'd probably pick it up along with MK9 and Injustice when I get the money for either.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Control scheme, and that girl that keeps throwing her butt at you.

My first foray into Street Fighter was the Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, which entertained me a lot as a kid. So when I went to my cousin's my brother and I wanted to play Street Fighter Alpha 3.

But of course we go with Ryu and since there is only one controller we try arcade mode, and every single time that ass just kept throwing itself in our faces, only to leave me with repressed memories of some dumb shit beating me so handily in a fighting game.

If I could learn how to beat her, I'd probably pick it up along with MK9 and Injustice when I get the money for either.
Lol R. Mika?

Yall bitches cant even play charge characters :/

I played it like 2/3 years and I'm done with it
It has some stupid stuffs but its a good game
But mk9 is just amazing for me and I dropped all the fgs for it I do play ssf4/igau from timeto time still

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Eh I liked vanilla and Super but every time I tried getting back into it something more interesting like Marvel came out, or I fell back in love with an older game like DOA4

Edit: also I think it's worth noting that Ultra has brought back my interest and I want to try getting back into it again.

Last edited:

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I've picked up Fundamentals Fighter 4 recently - only I've had less and less time for it with Killer Instinct now out.

I'm too lazy to swap HDMI cords in my Asus. I hope ULTRA is released for newer consoles.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I never really got into the game series that much. I would like to learn at some point. Also fuck charge characters. I would play Cody since i like his character design and story. Or Poison Because i find "Her" attractive. Its something to learn when i get the chance. I have plenty of good players to play against which is cool.