What's new

Why Do You Play/Main Sheeva

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
Lol sheeva is low tier and ugly. Her fighting style is stupid (stomps from the sky - wtf??) and she is a mere slave in the storyline. The only reason to play her is to blame everything on character after u lose.

peachyO

Noob
Lol sheeva is low tier and ugly. Her fighting style is stupid (stomps from the sky - wtf??) and she is a mere slave in the storyline. The only reason to play her is to blame everything on character after u lose.
are you illiterate? this thread is for those who DO play sheeva. go troll and show your stupidity somewhere else. it is for you that "ignore" buttons and vasectomies were invented.

Espio

Kokomo
Damn boo...trolling the Raiden players yesterday, trolling the Sheeva players today, dat transparency.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Lol at the peasant commoners who always bring up having sex with Sheeva Lol...ugh. I can remember when I was little, skimming through a GamePro mag and seeing images of her in-game and thinking it was Goro's daughter. I love shit like that!

Clayman

Damn boo...trolling the Raiden players yesterday, trolling the Sheeva players today, dat transparency.
Show me were exactly i trolled raiden players.
This is just my opinion about sheeva, what can i do if it looks like trolling?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Show me were exactly i trolled raiden players.
This is just my opinion about sheeva, what can i do if it looks like trolling?
Its actually your opinion about sheeva and sheeva PLAYERS if I'm reading correctly. Plus you're "new" again because of the 3 month time skip thing. I would guess that you're a member here on a more legitimate account and this one is your troll account.

Clayman

Its actually your opinion about sheeva and sheeva PLAYERS if I'm reading correctly. Plus you're "new" again because of the 3 month time skip thing. I would guess that you're a member here on a more legitimate account and this one is your troll account.
U r wrong, this is my main account. My previous account was banned, after i made a tier list thread, which was greatly different from commonly accepted tier list.
I have nothing against sheeva players, it's just called "low tier whoring", when u play low tier to be somewhat unique, get some excuse for ur loses and get more pleasure from victories. Nothing wrong about that, rly.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I have nothing against sheeva players, it's just called "low tier whoring", when u play low tier to be somewhat unique, get some excuse for ur loses and get more pleasure from victories. Nothing wrong about that, rly.
There are all sorts of wrong reasons to do something for. I play Jade from the very start of MK9 and I stuck with her through thick and thin. I didn't ask for her to be low tier, but I'm not going to drop my main just because some people like to make rankings.

I said this a thousand times before but if there is such a thing as a tier list, it only shows which characters are easier to win with than the rest. Any scrub can mash Lao and beat my Jade on a bad day. Once or twice. Then I'll catch on and trash them if they are really just mashing scrubs.

Espio

Kokomo
I kind of like the Synergy of a Jade and Sheeva tag team, it's almost too much class for one team to handle ;_;.

I chose her day 1 because of telestomp. I have tried to quit her twice. Hasn't fully stuck yet. I do know when I play her I am having the most fun. It is just so frustrating when I know 1 more patch could make her good.

Justice

Noob
I thought Sheeva was neat when she was first introduced back in the day. I saw her and first thought "Whoohoo! A playable Goro! Wait! There's boobies there. That can't be Goro. Oohhh! It's a new character!" I played with her for a while but found her a little slow for my taste (that and MK3's Run button really pissed me off). So while I hated the game and didn't play much, I did love Sheeva and still do in spite of the fact that I can't play her worth beans.

Sorry english is not my mother language.
@Espio
@Sindelia
peachyO

I totally agree to your posts!

I' am a huge MK-universe fan.
Also love Sheeva, Sindel, Jade in that ranking.

I totally see sheeva like some artist on DA put her in his art.
(Is it allowed to post such a link, I think yes, its free stuff - Fan Art.

Sadly everyone sees Sheeva as a bad and maybe dumb diva of destruction with no character, I love it how this artist puts her softer and feminine side.
I also see her as a proud female shokan amazon-warrior prinzess with honor careing for her en-slaved race.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2008/001/3/c/Sheeva_pride_by_zakuman.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/292/6/f/sheeva_by_zakuman-d3140e8.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/104/6/b/Sheeva_pin_up_by_zakuman.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/291/7/f/sheeva_tribute_by_zakuman-d4d9bk8.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/129/2/0/for_the_shokan_by_zakuman-d3fzsd6.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/106/3/0/shokan_knockers_by_zakuman-d4wfud3.jpg
I respect her story/motivation
The fact that she has the biggest set of tits is just a bonus :rolleyes:.

A few more bits and bites about my personnal mk-histoy:
In fact I started with the arcade machine of mortal kombat 1 back in 1992.

Later I played the game on PC and consoles. (Nintendo, Sega, Playstation)
I also loved MK2 and MK3
In MK3 I fell for Sheeva, she attracted my attention from the very beginning.

But MK4 was crap, the first 3D attemt killing the game.

I love the whole universe, every movie and tv-series. (but the best remaines the first three games)

I always favourized the first game because of the "test your might" minigames the intense finishers, also liked the endurance rounds.
With Goro and Shang Tsung there were also bad-ass bosses presended in great style.
Do you notice the screen shaking when beaten to the ground. The games was pure magic from start to finish.
I played it a lot, also with my friends once!

The following games are more of a comedy because of the medial reaction to the brutal finishers of the first game.

I' am glad they made the mk9 (2011) game.
Althrough it didn't match to bring back all of the magic of the first game but its great after all.
Finally the mature presentation, like I hoped for.

BTT:
I' am really glad Sheeva made in into the rooster. Too bad she gots little attention in the story and even less character.
I started with her as my main, since the game mk9 (2011) was released, and still play her.
In the mean-time I like to play her in tag-team with Sindel, Shang Tsung, Mileena,...

I don't care about tier or winning/losing. I' am also not spamming any moves with any character.
I' am not choosing Sheeve because of her spamming abilities, there are much better spammers then her.
Two times is max and also depends on situation, instead I try to mix up and change tactics during and between rounds.

Actually I play Sindel or Jade better depends on the match-up.
Also play as Rain (as Sindels son) also in tag-team, Kitana, Sub-Zero.

But I care about the mk-universe. Means, if my opponent choses the good guys, I chose the bad guys/nemesis to play a "realistic" match-up even online. At least most of the time.

Another fun-project I used to do with friends online:
I 'am a die-hard mk-universe fan when it comes to character relationsship.

I also invented a little online competition (fantasy realm-invasion mk-style) within a german speaking forum where a player chooses a team of fighters with a designated champion (leader) and challenging another player with his team.

After one of the character gets finished, he isn't allowed to use him anymore.

Starting out as tag-team fights till the rooster getting smaller and finishing that (fun-tournament or whatever you want to call it) with a thriling 1 vs 1 fight of the best main character from each player. (if you don't loose your main before, sparing your main can result in loosing all your assassins/generals)

There where some rules both player agreed to: for example champions, generals, have three, two lives. Means they must be defeated three times, two times before they are allowed to get "finished".

Sorry for my long post.
Its my first, is I' am afraid it was kinda introducion and personnal mk-histoy, too.

lg, NiceGuyAut

peachyO

Noob
Sorry english is not my mother language.
@Espio
@Sindelia
peachyO

I totally agree to your posts!

I' am a huge MK-universe fan.
Also love Sheeva, Sindel, Jade in that ranking.

I totally see sheeva like some artist on DA put her in his art.
(Is it allowed to post such a link, I think yes, its free stuff - Fan Art.

Sadly everyone sees Sheeva as a bad and maybe dumb diva of destruction with no character, I love it how this artist puts her softer and feminine side.
I also see her as a proud female shokan amazon-warrior prinzess with honor careing for her en-slaved race.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2008/001/3/c/Sheeva_pride_by_zakuman.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/292/6/f/sheeva_by_zakuman-d3140e8.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/104/6/b/Sheeva_pin_up_by_zakuman.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/291/7/f/sheeva_tribute_by_zakuman-d4d9bk8.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/129/2/0/for_the_shokan_by_zakuman-d3fzsd6.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/106/3/0/shokan_knockers_by_zakuman-d4wfud3.jpg
I respect her story/motivation
The fact that she has the biggest set of tits is just a bonus :rolleyes:.

A few more bits and bites about my personnal mk-histoy:
In fact I started with the arcade machine of mortal kombat 1 back in 1992.

Later I played the game on PC and consoles. (Nintendo, Sega, Playstation)
I also loved MK2 and MK3
In MK3 I fell for Sheeva, she attracted my attention from the very beginning.

But MK4 was crap, the first 3D attemt killing the game.

I love the whole universe, every movie and tv-series. (but the best remaines the first three games)

I always favourized the first game because of the "test your might" minigames the intense finishers, also liked the endurance rounds.
With Goro and Shang Tsung there were also bad-ass bosses presended in great style.
Do you notice the screen shaking when beaten to the ground. The games was pure magic from start to finish.
I played it a lot, also with my friends once!

The following games are more of a comedy because of the medial reaction to the brutal finishers of the first game.

I' am glad they made the mk9 (2011) game.
Althrough it didn't match to bring back all of the magic of the first game but its great after all.
Finally the mature presentation, like I hoped for.

BTT:
I' am really glad Sheeva made in into the rooster. Too bad she gots little attention in the story and even less character.
I started with her as my main, since the game mk9 (2011) was released, and still play her.
In the mean-time I like to play her in tag-team with Sindel, Shang Tsung, Mileena,...

I don't care about tier or winning/losing. I' am also not spamming any moves with any character.
I' am not choosing Sheeve because of her spamming abilities, there are much better spammers then her.
Two times is max and also depends on situation, instead I try to mix up and change tactics during and between rounds.

Actually I play Sindel or Jade better depends on the match-up.
Also play as Rain (as Sindels son) also in tag-team, Kitana, Sub-Zero.

But I care about the mk-universe. Means, if my opponent choses the good guys, I chose the bad guys/nemesis to play a "realistic" match-up even online. At least most of the time.

Another fun-project I used to do with friends online:
I 'am a die-hard mk-universe fan when it comes to character relationsship.

I also invented a little online competition (fantasy realm-invasion mk-style) within a german speaking forum where a player chooses a team of fighters with a designated champion (leader) and challenging another player with his team.

After one of the character gets finished, he isn't allowed to use him anymore.

Starting out as tag-team fights till the rooster getting smaller and finishing that (fun-tournament or whatever you want to call it) with a thriling 1 vs 1 fight of the best main character from each player. (if you don't loose your main before, sparing your main can result in loosing all your assassins/generals)

There where some rules both player agreed to: for example champions, generals, have three, two lives. Means they must be defeated three times, two times before they are allowed to get "finished".

Sorry for my long post.
Its my first, is I' am afraid it was kinda introducion and personnal mk-histoy, too.

lg, NiceGuyAut
your english is very good, my friend. :) i am happy you have come here to Test Your Might. i also am very happy you like sindel, jade, shang tsung, and sheeva. you have great taste! i hope to see you post often. welcome! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Since posting is much everything I can do, because of the region lock I cannot play with you guys.

thanks
-NiceGuyAut

dc1902

Noob
I main Sheeve(one of my two mains) because I like how her character handles. I like characters who are on the slow side. I don't like to play characters who are fast and floaty. I like characters in fighting games who have good normals also. Sheevas' d1, b2, 4, f4, and her 1+3 are good normals that complement her specials.
I like Sheevas' character design too. I think it is cool that she is a shokan warrior who is bringing honor to her race by fighting.

i love corner stomp setups <3
i love also when opponents get paranoid guessing where the stomp will land <3 <3

sheeva is rly fun to play, i use her in tag team with scorpion, i got some funny hellfire/stomp setups
but also with sonya tag team

Espio

Kokomo
i love corner stomp setups <3
i love also when opponents get paranoid guessing where the stomp will land <3 <3

sheeva is rly fun to play, i use her in tag team with scorpion, i got some funny hellfire/stomp setups
but also with sonya tag team
You should record some of those, I'd love to see them :).

I main Sheeva mostly just because I love the satisfaction of winning as the underdog. I first was attracted to playing her purely because everyone was saying that she was terrible, and I love repping low tier, but I soon realized that she was by far one of the most fun to play and rewarding characters in any fighting game I have ever played, and I fell in love. It's cool to me that she towers over all of the other characters, and I also sort of have a thing for kinda weird, fucked up looking characters(I main Voldo in SCV/IV), so she fit me perfectly. She also has a very different play style from all of the other characters in MK9 which sets her apart even further from the rest of the cast. She is a sort seudo-grappler, with some nice armor and all around solid damage, that requires good predictions and MU knowledge to play effectively. All of these traits also make her one of the best characters for getting into your opponents head, which is something I really like. She's also one of the least used characters online, so it kind of makes me a bit of an anomaly on the very rare occasions that I decide to play this game's terrible online. When you play a garbage tier character, it makes your losses less bad and your wins wayyy better. Its kind of the "low risk high reward" approach. If you lose to a Kabal first round, so what? I was using Sheeva. Everybody just respects you for repping Sheeva at a tourney. You beat any character considered to be just slightly high-tier and everyone goes absolutely apeshit and gives your opponent a bunch of crap for losing to a Sheeva. Win-Win! haha

My only gripe with Sheeva is that her 2, 1, 2, F+1, BF+3 doesn't hit Kitana and Mileena :/ My muscle memory never seems to want to adjust to ending the string with DF+2 on the fly :(