What's new

Is Scorpion or Sub-Zero the greatest Playstation icon of all time? Vote now!

Which ninja did you vote for?!

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Taken from the official Mortal Kombat Facebook page, the PollDaddy site turns to the gaming community for opinions on who they think the most iconic Playstation character is. Now, while Scorpion and Sub-Zero aren't exclusively Playstation characters, both have found their way onto the poll amongst a gigantic cast of characters. While we'd obviously feel partial towards the ninjas, feel free to cast your vote for whomever you wish!

Playstation Poll.png

Poll can be found here: https://polldaddy.com/poll/8412557/

Source: Mortal Kombat Facebook page

Reactions: JAP

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
During the mascot console era it was Mario for Nintendo, Sonic for Sega and Crash Bandicoot for Sony Playstation. After the dreamcast died and the Microsoft entered the console sector, crash went multiplatform and all I really remember sony promoting was Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Sweet Tooth. He's the only one that's stuck around on every PS system through and through. Crash has been past it for well over a decade. And even if Sony secure the IP from Activision, I guarantee you all we'll see is some short lived NSMB-style nostalgic reboot. Not an actual new Crash game.

If I had to associate MK characters with an actual home console, it would be the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. Having an uncensored port of MK1 single-handedly won Sega the market share that year.

Bioshock is my favorite game on that last, and i couldn't vote for it because it's not a "playstation" icon, neither are mk characters... I say solid snake because it used to be PS exclusive.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Bioshock is my favorite game on that last, and i couldn't vote for it because it's not a "playstation" icon, neither are mk characters... I say solid snake because it used to be PS exclusive.
Prior to Metal Gear Solid, Solid snake was the main character in the metal gear games which were on the NES.

Sony never really had a homegrown mascot because most of their early exclusive games were not 1st party games but 2nd party games. So you went from characters like crash bandicoot, to the cars of Grand Turismo, to Kratos from GOW to Sackboy from little big planet.