What's new

What am i lacking?

Kim0z

Noob
Hi everyone.

i have been a lurker here for so long, and today i decided to sign up and join TYM family.

This site have provided me with much info about injustice, like combos and strategies which is really great.

as for my first post, i would like to ask 2 questions which i think that some of you will say that they are noobish or silly, but i will ask anyways.

i decided to main Zod before 2 days ago, he is really a fun character to use, his moves are amazing and very eye friendly. but i noticed that this guys is not easy to use at all, unlike superman or DD.

well my first question is:

-Sometimes when i jump in with 2 on the opponent while he is blocking and then go for the 1,1,2 string i get interrupted before i could start that string, in other words i get interrupted after i press 2, but i noticed with other chars such as batman, he goes : jump in 2 then 2,2,3 without me being able to interrupt him even if i blocked the J2, and if i try to start a string between his J2 and the 223, i get punished. so its like a jail or something, so i would like to know how should i avoid being in this situation and how can i do the same thing with Zod.

my second question is:
-How can i handle rushdowners like Batman and the Flash, i feel like i dont have any room to breath when im fighting against them, especially with their constant pressure, i find myself only blocking and then either chipped to death or they can start a combo with a low or an overhead if i didnt guess which way to block.

Thanks in advance.

For your first question:

For jumping+2 attacks, you are allowed to dial in your followup move immediately after, while you are still in the air. Press 223 as soon as J2 connects. Don't wait till before you hit the ground or even slightly before then. Input it in immediately once the move connects, and it should link together.

I block low very often against Zod, because his overheads are slower and I can sometimes manage to block them on reaction. You're problem may be that you aren't inputting your 112 untill you hit the ground or are about to hit the ground, so the enemy is able to duck the first hit of 112, which is high, and hit your with a d1 before the next hits.

So yeah, just try and input 112 immediately after 2 hits. Treat it like one string you do in the air. Think of it as 2112 instead of 2, 112 :)

I'll leave question number 2 to actual Zod players whom I'm sure will have a good answer for you. :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hi everyone.

i have been a lurker here for so long, and today i decided to sign up and join TYM family.

This site have provided me with much info about injustice, like combos and strategies which is really great.

as for my first post, i would like to ask 2 questions which i think that some of you will say that they are noobish or silly, but i will ask anyways.

i decided to main Zod before 2 days ago, he is really a fun character to use, his moves are amazing and very eye friendly. but i noticed that this guys is not easy to use at all, unlike superman or DD.

well my first question is:

-Sometimes when i jump in with 2 on the opponent while he is blocking and then go for the 1,1,2 string i get interrupted before i could start that string, in other words i get interrupted after i press 2, but i noticed with other chars such as batman, he goes : jump in 2 then 2,2,3 without me being able to interrupt him even if i blocked the J2, and if i try to start a string between his J2 and the 223, i get punished. so its like a jail or something, so i would like to know how should i avoid being in this situation and how can i do the same thing with Zod.

my second question is:
-How can i handle rushdowners like Batman and the Flash, i feel like i dont have any room to breath when im fighting against them, especially with their constant pressure, i find myself only blocking and then either chipped to death or they can start a combo with a low or an overhead if i didnt guess which way to block.

Thanks in advance.
Flash:
punish mb torpedo w 22 mb laser combo for 44%
Punish normal torpedo with f2 1 u2 combo into trait setup
In general vs flash you need to use your trait really well, Id set up a trait summon w Instant air slow ball to buy you free time. here you need to use your Laser charge cancel into command grab mix ups or go for straight ground laser combos.
I feel zod is 5-5 or 6-4 over flash

Batman
Tougher mu
Use a lot of Side arm her to keep him slowed down
Again instant air ball for trait summon
Duck grapple and punish w side arm or far ground laser or trait grab if out
You can slow batman down w side arm shots w delayed meter burn, slow ball in the air mb and trait
You also have to rush batman down sometimes and can do so with trait

As for your first question, try JI2 into a 21 or 22 string instead. Jumping in w 1/2/3 into 112 or 123 is not good unless you have trait out

Also i recommend watching all my zod videos on my youtube, not trying to gain an extra viewer or anything but i think if you watch all of them you will walk away w better mix ups and understandings

Ill also post mu videos soon

Im very skeptical posting these two videos above because this was before i had optimal punishes off of D2 and torpedo punishes also this was before i developed his laser cancels into grab and mix ups but its a good fundamental start to how to approach the MU

Also when you have trait out just hti 444444 and run around the stage throwing as many interactables as you can cause with trait they are so free.

I think Zod is the hardest character to master in injustice due to his insane depth and tool set. Knowing when where how what to use in all given situations will be key to Zod but in time will rewards massive payoffs in my opinion. If i thought he was shit id tell you, i honestly with every thought feel he is Top 5 no question.

Kim0z

Noob
For your first question:

For jumping+2 attacks, you are allowed to dial in your followup move immediately after, while you are still in the air. Press 223 as soon as J2 connects. Don't wait till before you hit the ground or even slightly before then. Input it in immediately once the move connects, and it should link together.

I block low very often against Zod, because his overheads are slower and I can sometimes manage to block them on reaction. You're problem may be that you aren't inputting your 112 untill you hit the ground or are about to hit the ground, so the enemy is able to duck the first hit of 112, which is high, and hit your with a d1 before the next hits.

So yeah, just try and input 112 immediately after 2 hits. Treat it like one string you do in the air. Think of it as 2112 instead of 2, 112 :)

I'll leave question number 2 to actual Zod players whom I'm sure will have a good answer for you. :)

Ya maybe thats the issue, the delay in my inputs, i will try doing what u said.

so it will be J2,1,1,2 as one string (after i connect the J2 of course), but i wonder if this will also work in online matches, i guess i will have to try.

Ty for your input :)

Kim0z

Noob
Flash:
punish mb torpedo w 22 mb laser combo for 44%
Punish normal torpedo with f2 1 u2 combo into trait setup
In general vs flash you need to use your trait really well, Id set up a trait summon w Instant air slow ball to buy you free time. here you need to use your Laser charge cancel into command grab mix ups or go for straight ground laser combos.
I feel zod is 5-5 or 6-4 over flash

Batman
Tougher mu
Use a lot of Side arm her to keep him slowed down
Again instant air ball for trait summon
Duck grapple and punish w side arm or far ground laser or trait grab if out
You can slow batman down w side arm shots w delayed meter burn, slow ball in the air mb and trait
You also have to rush batman down sometimes and can do so with trait

As for your first question, try JI2 into a 21 or 22 string instead. Jumping in w 1/2/3 into 112 or 123 is not good unless you have trait out

Also i recommend watching all my zod videos on my youtube, not trying to gain an extra viewer or anything but i think if you watch all of them you will walk away w better mix ups and understandings

Ill also post mu videos soon

Im very skeptical posting these two videos above because this was before i had optimal punishes off of D2 and torpedo punishes also this was before i developed his laser cancels into grab and mix ups but its a good fundamental start to how to approach the MU

Also when you have trait out just hti 444444 and run around the stage throwing as many interactables as you can cause with trait they are so free.

I think Zod is the hardest character to master in injustice due to his insane depth and tool set. Knowing when where how what to use in all given situations will be key to Zod but in time will rewards massive payoffs in my opinion. If i thought he was shit id tell you, i honestly with every thought feel he is Top 5 no question.

wow, these are really some useful info, especially the 44444 pressure with the trait!!!

how come i didn't notice that i could do that lol, thanks alot man.

i will watch these vids and try to learn as much as i can. thx alot :)

Pig Of The Hut

wow, these are really some useful info, especially the 44444 pressure with the trait!!!

how come i didn't notice that i could do that lol, thanks alot man.

i will watch these vids and try to learn as much as i can. thx alot :)
No problem and you'd learn a buttload if u watch all these videos

If you have any questions let me know

i hate the batman matchup actually. i usually pick cyborg instead
in this game counterpicking is at the core of success honestly. counterpicking/hide cursoring matchups you hate is pretty freaking important imo

Pig Of The Hut

i hate the batman matchup actually. i usually pick cyborg instead
in this game counterpicking is at the core of success honestly. counterpicking/hide cursoring matchups you hate is pretty freaking important imo
i agree but honestly im getting better at it

I actually had it down as a bad mu but not anymore, probably 5-5