What's new

vVv CD Jr wins MK9 at MLG's Spring Fighter Arena in NYC

MLG anaheim the next mlg and every coast should be at attendence there. It's going to be great to see how that tournament turnouts, and I could see a top 8 with someone from South/West mixing it up for sure. Will there be upsets? I think so. June 8th-June 10th lets go!! :)

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Yeah, using cage which is jax's worst matchup and cd jr still almost won. I'm confident cd jr will find more tech in that matchup which will make it more winnable.
Its not that bad of a MU. Its a 6-4 in cages favor. I think Jr said that when he was in his counter picking frenzy and believed that it takes 3-4 characters to win in this game. I've played against JC players and its not that hard honestly. Jr believes its a 6-4 also

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Very nice matches, but IMO detroit should have gone with those 40% BnBs instead of those uppercut 20% ones with ermac lol :p still hype.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Tom Brady's match versuz curbo was pretty convincing. If Johnny Cage doesn't get in, he's fucked. All he can do is try to force sub into the corner, and make something happen. Not only that, Curbo wasn't able to build up that much meter when the clone was on screen. Johnny cage's projectile can also be slid under on reaction. To me, it's really hard to say it's a 5-5 after what I just saw.
It is a 5-5 MU. I was blowing tom up bad the night before and when we were waiting to get on stream I was blowing him up too. I screwed up a lot of things like I kept accidently dropping combos and running into ice clones for no reason. Brady was doing the same thing in our series at the hotel. Brady thinks its a 5-5 too but he said we need to get runbacks at anaheim because we both blew each other up bad, it just happened that my blowup was streamed.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just screwed up a lot made a lot of mistakes. We were playing series before where he got blew up bad too. It just happened that my blowup was streamed, we are doing a runback at anaheim. Brady thinks its 5-5 too
no prob
that 11xx 2, 11xx d3xx f3 block strings was incredibly awesome, i had to repeat a few times to get what was going on

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
if Detroit didnt try to go for those Mikey Mouse tricky dicky combos he would have wrapped it up and won a cool 1500$.

and curbo...i thought u can manhandle sub zero??? what happened? ice too cold for you?

lol

HD Smoke

Noob
Congrats CD jr and everyone in the top 8. You take almost any top player that wasnt there they could of went 1-2, 0-3 against this insane level of comp. CD and KT shouldnt lose any respect because of that fact. CD had great games and KT was a combo away from making top 4. I am suprised that maxter went 2-2 with KT in sektor/smoke but maxter is a godlike player and kt did waste meter with reset attemps....it happens. congrats to all that was amazing MK gameplay and why this game is the best fighting game despite the stupid errors it has.

WOW CD JR !!! man u r a puzzle that needs sharlock holmz to get solved !!!
congrats to u bro and very very good job :)
MR. DETROIT ... u r no joke ... this was the second time u get to face cd jr in the grand final ... u r really becoming tougher and tougher sir !

Its not that bad of a MU. Its a 6-4 in cages favor. I think Jr said that when he was in his counter picking frenzy and believed that it takes 3-4 characters to win in this game. I've played against JC players and its not that hard honestly. Jr believes its a 6-4 also
I have to agree with you, that matchup really isn't that bad. Some people actually think JC beats jax freely, but that's not the case when you are fighting a high lvl jax. Also, that sucks you got eliminated because you didn't have as many wins total as detroit and cdjr. I thought you was going to go jax vs detroit because he went kabal tbh, that would've changed your placing, but good stuff though.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Another question. Why didn't you go to Jax when you played Detroit considering you beat reo's kabal at Columbus?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Tom Brady's match versuz curbo was pretty convincing. If Johnny Cage doesn't get in, he's fucked. All he can do is try to force sub into the corner, and make something happen. Not only that, Curbo wasn't able to build up that much meter when the clone was on screen. Johnny cage's projectile can also be slid under on reaction. To me, it's really hard to say it's a 5-5 after what I just saw.
its not.... and never will be.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I just wanted to say that Tom Brady did a great job on the mic. He was calling matches like a horse race. It got crazy intense. On the other hand I could have done without the other guy... Tom and Phil are the dream though and I hope that future events will have them together again.

NariTuba

disMember
Congratulations CD jr! AWESOME gamplay. Also Detroit who is one of the best and was half resposible for making this one of the best finals ever for MK9.

Special mention goes to Tom Brady, he proved he can be extremely professional while keeping things exciting.

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
the 3 winners of that tournament:

CD Jr - as competitor
Tom Brady - as commentator
Juicebox - as the biggest WTF ever on a stream

but why did detroit always go for those ermac uppercut combos? i believe the one he actually finished did 39%, which is only 1% more than a way easier bnb off the same starter if i remember correctly. still, not taking anything away from anyone, and to the winners the spoils. congrats!