What's new

Video/Tutorial - Commando [UPDATED] Enhanced Commando Kano is officially a grappler #FALLBACKBOYZ #DONTNERFME

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I've never stopped playing this game. Continued to keep breaking down this character and Commando is currently an official grappler in the MKX Enhanced Online Beta as of now... Is he broken? In my opinion since playing the character from day one, No. Everything seen in these videos involve his new pressure game. Techs from B1 are avoidable by back-dashes, jump outs and can be armored through or completely stopped by low profiling D4's from characters such as Shinnok, Kotal Kahn, Sub-Zero, Kano himself and a bunch of other characters. Only problem is, you need meter to really be safe since the mind game consists of B1 baits, B1 parries or B1 EX UPBALL which will blow up almost anything and jump out attempts. Your opponent also has a reason to actually be afraid of Kano when meter is all lost and gone. Can he be zoned out? Yeah, very easily. But, with enough match up knowledge and footsie/use of stamina, he can get in safely. He no longer needs to rely on combos since grapple set ups, stagger baits and parries can win the game. Against fast projectile characters, Cybernetic is the go to variation still and if it gets any upgrades it will be the only counter pick for zoners if you play Kano only. Cutthroat hasn't changed much but the overhead range extension and safe DB1 is enough to place him top 15 easily, break him down. *Cough* take away B1 ticks and on hit command throws and Commando will possibly be useless with what's going to happen in March as far as character changes, buffs and this new breaker system. Cybernetic is still an overall solid variation and air ball being an overhead has potential. Cyber is not dead btw. If anything, with all of these tweaks, he's basically buffed if you really think about his play style and the new breaker system. Zone, Footsie, bait and punish. He might actually receive some tweaks to keep up with his other variations but Commando is turning out to be very fun with enough match up knowledge and skill.

This is Commando at it's current state going against cR Dragon's Assassin Kitana. I think the vid speaks for itself when I mention that Commando will have to work for his life to win against zoners. How is this design broken? The options are endless with all of the gaps Kano received.

I outplayed his Grandmaster but whenever I got closed into the corner, it was game over for me. This match up is a suicide mission for Commando Kano tbh.

This match up is very fun. Need more time with it but Jax has a worthy up close contender here.

Last edited:

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
can people please start doing this combo.

It's cool to to have this damage but why not go for maximum set up damage. 112 EX KANO BALL x JUMP IN 1 x B32 x RUN IN x F33 COMMAND THROW. for one bar.. just look at the damage you get off of setup.. It's important. It's actually frightening when you realize his set up potential. We're talking mid 40s.. maybe 50's! If we start baiting armors while we're on hit advantage.

Last edited:

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Guys haven't learned to keep quiet yet? Last time we got buffs everyone got happy, and then they nerfed him to a state where he was worse than any ever. Talk March 1st. Not now.
We both know if this doesn't last, then nrs are just trolling lol. Besides there's some video tech I'm keeping to myself until March in case this doesn't last -_-. With the gaps thrown in and the new 22 string, I think this Kano build is official and rewards the players who understand reflex and fundamental. This design looks like it's meant to keep close.

We both know if this doesn't last, then nrs are just trolling lol. Besides there's some video tech I'm keeping to myself until March in case this doesn't last -_-. With the gaps thrown in and the new 22 string, I think this Kano build is official and rewards the players who understand reflex and fundamental. This design looks like it's meant to keep close.
Secret tech: helping communities grow since...nm

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
It's cool to to have this damage but why not go for maximum set up damage. 112 EX KANO BALL x JUMP IN 1 x B32 x RUN IN x F33 COMMAND THROW. for one bar.. just look at the damage you get off of setup.. It's important. It's actually frightening when you realize his set up potential. We're talking mid 40s.. maybe 50's! If we start baiting armors while we're on hit advantage.
I am not a fan of sacrificing free damage, especially when it leaves you right next to your opponent.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The ideal woulde be to keep the B1 ticks while also removing the gap on the string. woulndt making the second hit come out faster while keeping B1 as is do the job? Even if not, there has to be a way.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Not that I'm complaining, commando in its current state should be renamed "B1". You do b1, either block and get grabbed, or don't block and get grabbed. Amazing
Here's the problem, anyone not completely understanding this is simply... NOT UNDERSTANDING. B1 can be low profiled by Shinnoks D4, Johnny Cage's D4, Mileena rolls, KOTAL KAHN D4.. The list goes on, B1 is vicious but means nothing if you figure out how to deal with it. If Shinnok keeps his F4 and D4 into Hell sparks, I don't see how Commando Kano is a problem, theoretically. Just because you see it being abused doesn't mean it's over powered lol. There are gaps.. you can jump right out and take some damage to avoid a command if players guess the jump. Or just armor out if you're ballsy lol.

Last edited:

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Here's the problem, anyone not completely understanding this is simply... NOT UNDERSTANDING. B1 can be low profiled by Shinnoks D4, Johnny Cage's D4, Mileena rolls, KOTAL KAHN D4.. The list goes on, B1 is vicious but means nothing if you figure out how to deal with it. If Shinnok keeps his F4 and D4 into Hell sparks, I don't see how Commando Kano is a problem, theoretically. Just because you see it being abused doesn't mean it's over powered lol. There are gaps.. you can jump right out and take some damage to avoid a command if players guess the jump. Or just armor out if you're ballsy lol.
d4 still ticks :DOGE

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
d4 still ticks :DOGE
Kano's D4 does not tick on hit. It's not a combo. Grandmaster Subzero also destroys Commandos entire gameplan if played correctly. He also has a great D4 to stop Kano from rushing in to throw reckless B1's. Learn the spacing, level up. It may seem like I'm just throwing B1's out but that's because my opponents haven't adapted and I was confident. This is also where match up knowledge comes into play.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Kano's D4 does not tick on hit. It's not a combo. Grandmaster Subzero also destroys Commandos entire gameplan if played correctly. He also has a great D4 to stop Kano from rushing in to throw reckless B1's. Learn the spacing, level up. It may seem like I'm just throwing B1's out but that's because my opponents haven't adapted and I was confident. This is also where match up knowledge comes into play.
d4 doesn't tick on hit? Damn, I've only played like 10 beta matches so I'm not the most experienced. In the matches I've played, I was landing b1s for free and for days, good to know that there are ways past it. I still have trouble with GM, with all characters that don't have a direct counter to it, not just Kano, so I wouldn't really know what to do. Maybe try to zone with knives then bait a slide or something idk