What's new

UA|Scar Wins Absolute Battle 6!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Absolute Battle has concluded with Scar showing his versatility by taking the tournament with all 3 of Sonya's variations in winners! Alucard was sent to losers by an impressive Korey The Dragon, and he ran it back to make his way to Grand Finals, but came up a little short in a close 3-2 set. The bracket, full results, and archives are below!

1. UA|Scar (Sonya-All 3 Variations)
2. F3|Alucard (Sun God Kotal Kahn, Crystalline Tremor)
3. SUNB|KoreyTheDragon (Summoner Quan Chi, Grandmaster Sub-Zero)
4. UA|Showtime (Covert Ops Sonya, Cybernetic Kano)
5. oD|Atai (Royal Storm and Mournful Kitana)
5. Lord Pnut (War God Kotal Kahn)
7. UA|Royale (Boneshaper Shinnok, Cybernetic Kano)
7. SteamCo|CdJr (Pumped Up Jax)

Bracket: http://challonge.com/AB6MKXT8

Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming/v/18054999

MKX starts at the 2 hour 5 minute mark.
Absolute Battle has concluded with Scar showing his versatility by taking the tournament with all 3 of Sonya's variations in winners! Alucard was sent to losers by an impressive Korey The Dragon, and he ran it back to make his way to Grand Finals, but came up a little short in a close 3-2 set. The bracket, full results, and archives are below!

1. UA|Scar (Sonya-All 3 Variations)
2. F3|Alucard (Sun God Kotal Kahn, Crystalline Tremor)
3. SUNB|KoreyTheDragon (Summoner Quan Chi, Grandmaster Sub-Zero)
4. UA|Showtime (Covert Ops Sonya, Cybernetic Kano)
5. oD|Atai (Royal Storm and Mournful Kitana)
5. Lord Pnut (War God Kotal Kahn)
7. UA|Royale (Boneshaper Shinnok, Cybernetic Kano)
7. SteamCo|CdJr (Pumped Up Jax)

Bracket: http://challonge.com/AB6MKXT8

Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming/v/18054999

MKX starts at the 2 hour 5 minute mark.

Attachments

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Ya know, I almost feel like when someone switches characters rather than switching a variation of their character means that the variation system is almost pointless and not working right. #hopefullygonnastartsomeshit

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People may or may not care but there was another 2k tourney held last night at Shut up and Brawl(SUNB guys didnt realize their tourney was on the same day). Here is the top 8 for that one if anyone is interested:

1. UA Scar(Sonya all 3 variations)
2. Pnut(War God Kotal Khan)
3. F3 Alucard(Sun God)
4. UA Showtime(Covert Ops Sonya)
5. SUNB Tokimonsta(War God Kotal Khan)
5. SUNB Ominous(Wrestler Jax)
7. Zoidberg747(Kobu Jutsu Tanya)
7. F3 Ninja CW(Royal Storm Kitana)

I didnt feel it warranted its own thread since there was unfortunately no footage of this one.

All that being said shoutouts to @FCP/EMP SCAR for winning. And special shoutouts to @Pnut and @Korey Wilburn for repping Dallas well.

Edit:
Where's Raiden in this top 8?
Digit got 13th at AB and 9th at SUNB. Lost to PerfectLegend at AB and Me at SUNB. He was the only Raiden there that I know of.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
CDjr on Top 8 and PL out in Losers ? if so , PL really need to move to Raiden or another char , or change his name to IPL (Imperfect Legend)

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
To be fair, anyone that watched the match between him and Pnut to get into top 8 know it was about as close as a match can possibly get. He is not as free as people make him out to be.
But PL matchs since day one r not like MK 9 , its amazing to see how MK change that "Perfect Legende Scenario"
but of course PL is amazing , cant wait to see if PL will change from another char when KP2 comes out .

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Scar's Demolition Sonya is dirty. Got to see it up close (played a guy from my team right before top 8) and watching his out pressure my guy's Cassie was scary. I didn't even attempt to hop on the sticks because my Mileena would've been super free lol.

Corey the Dragon's Sub Zero is probably the dirtiest in Texas, no offense to TYM's favorite Tom Brady. Why wasn't he there "defending Texas" anyway?

I think every guy in the Top 8 either knocked someone from my team into loser's or knocked us out. They were all pretty cool dudes.

The biggest tournament I've been to and though I was 0-2'd (I failed my Empress) I'm addicted to it and can't wait for another one.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I was rooting hard for AlucarD but I can't even be mad bc Demolition and Special Forces are so much more hype than Covert Ops, so it was cool seeing them shine (and really just something different in general). A really excellent tournament to watch; thanks to everyone who brought the hype!

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Good stuff from Scar as usual
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think I was outside talking to your teammate, a COD player, who mentioned you and your Reptile. Didn't know what you looked like but within two minutes of walking back inside and skimming over the casual monitors I found you. You have a dirty Reptile boss.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
This tornament was pure hype. I enjyed it...greatly. Sun God had all my attention. Love that variation. Praise The Sun. Did I mention Mournful Kitana made Top 8?

Yeah fuck you guys...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
To be fair, anyone that watched the match between him and Pnut to get into top 8 know it was about as close as a match can possibly get.
Pnut plays War God Kotal and doesn't counterpick at all, so he's often at a disadvantage against top tier. It'd be different if he was playing HQT Predator or something.

skater11

The saltiest
Congrats to Scar!. Motivates me to pick up sonyas other 2 variations. Also, I wished Scar good luck before the tourney during the team battles that went on At Absolute battles 6 on stream. Makes me feel good :) lol

E

Eldriken

Tremor and Kotal Kahn (any variation) are the two hypest characters to watch in my opinion.

Congrats to Scar for winning. :D