What's new

TYM's Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens Discussion Thread

Tim Static

Adminerator
The first two trailers, including the AMAZEBALLS trailer released today:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Comic-Con 2015 Reel

I'll keep this post updated with the latest trailers, but feel free to post any news, info as it comes.

OH MAN, I CANNOT WAIT TILL XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee:

Who else can't wait for the end of the year? A new star wars movie AND game. Both of which look like they are going to be awesome beyond belief. Jw nfsksxmdkdnwnkdxjxsksxxjwnfnekknfkkwjcnwfjcbfnfdkenr

I'm so hype!!!!!!

aj1701

Noob
I'm hoping JJ Abrams makes it good again; EP1 was ass, I think I liked EP2, don't remember EP3, lol. Of course I doubt anything will beat EP5.

Man, it's crazy how movie tickets sites crashed a few hours ago. Was hard finding a ticket out here in LA. Man im so hyped lol

So i getthe feeling that the girl is the lead character but the guy has a lightsaber and she doesn't. Confused. Maybe she becomes a jedi in the later movies?

So Mark Hamill is absent from the trailers which means he either dies early on in the movie (very unlikely) . Or that he comes in the later half of the movie (most likely what happens) . I like that idea personally. I hope he has the most bad ass hype introduction .

I hate the prequels like a lot of star wars fans do. And with the way the movie has been marketed as returning to it's roots, and with JJ being an original fan, i've been having high hopes for this movie. But... (And i know this is really nitpicking) someone has pointed out that some of the flags in front of that place in the trailer have symbols on them only introduced in the prequels. Now that could mean nothing. I could be over reacting . But its gotten me a little scared .

And also, fans of the prequels who agree with this https://clonecorridor.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/sdcc-2015-why-with-all-the-prequel-bashing/

Really piss me off. The new stars wars doesn't have to acknowledge the prequels. Why would it? There is absolutely no reason for it. Everyone in those movies are dead, so its completely understandable why it wouldn't be acknowledged in the movie. Prequel fans can understand that and still like the movie. Whereas if they do integrate something from the prequels into the new movie it'll do nothing but piss people off.

trufenix

bye felicia
what is this, 2005? The prequels are canon. Gungans, Genosians, fucking Midichlorians? It all happened.

Get over it.

-.- . They aren't canon to me. I have the limited edition "theatrical versions" on dvd >.> the prequels feel so disconnected from the universe that the original trilogy created. The prequels are what got me into starwars and I like them by themselves, but as canon to the original trilogy, I really don't. And I hope they do the next movie in a way that people who like the prequels can still consider them canon and the people who don't like them can consider them non canon and the movie won't contradict either view