What's new

Training > Practice > Pause > AI Options > AI > Hard Difficulty: Discussion

swag1

EX smash solves all
So, for those of you who didn't know, this makes the character in practice mode come against you as an enemy. They have unlimited health and are actually pretty good. The difference between this and latter mode (for offline practice), is you can choose your enemy. Does anyone use this a lot? And if so, what do you think about it?

I apologize if there is another thread about this, just wanted other peoples' opinions.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Overall, it's a useful feature, despite can be tiring to keep the same attention / interest level in a infinite match against A.I, hehe

I mean, it's hard to stay focused after 15 minutes of intense gameplay, hehe :D

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I dont think fighting AI as a way to level up is a very good idea. They're designed to respond to actions you do in particular ways so there's only so many possibilities that can happen. You also start developing bad habits in believing that certain tactics are good, but in reality they only work against AI, and not human opponents.

It can be fun though.

swag1

EX smash solves all
Thanks for your opinions guys, I understand that AI is NOWHERE near as good as others for levelling up, but for people like me who don't have an offline sparring partner, real person experience online is nice, but if you want real game practice with the lagless offline, I think it's a useful feature so you can improve offline vs. specific characters, as opposed to ladder mode.

Sasuga

Noob
Agreed with OmegaK. You can use it to practice anti-airing or punishing but it's easier to create bad habits then to actually improve.

I use the practice mode sometimes with friends to test some stuff out. At some point we just fight each other and keep fighting until it gets boring. Can take a while as our boredom thresholds are pretty high.