What's new

Tom Brady's Kano Matchup Chart

Flagg

Noob
I still dont understand why people think SZ is one of Kanos worst match ups unless it's the Kanos that just toss knives all day.

Ice blast is quite slow and easy to react to on reaction. You can ex up ball over that and you're in. Kano's upclose game is far superior to SZ.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I still dont understand why people think SZ is one of Kanos worst match ups unless it's the Kanos that just toss knives all day.

Ice blast is quite slow and easy to react to on reaction. You can ex up ball over that and you're in. Kano's upclose game is far superior to SZ.
Ex up balling over the ice blast gives you what? Who cares? I am still going to get my trades with the knife and kano doesn't beat Sub up close. Sub doesn't have to deal with an up close game for the most part but once he does get in there 21 becomes a problem for Kano. There's nothing kano has that makes Sub-Zero fear him. Xray and upball isn't going to make this a winning matchup for kano.

If you're not throwing knives, happy days for Sub, he's just going to push you towards the corner with the clone. The reason this is a losing matchup for kano is not because he cannot win, he absolutely can win, but he has to change his gameplan far more than Sub-Zero because kano doesn't make sub do anything he doesn't already want to.

compareing specials and frame data doesn't decide the MU, so with that aside the best sub in the world will terrorize the best kano. hands down.

not upball against sonya! dont use up ball. FUCK UP BALL. upball can take a piss! as a kano player, i try not to use up ball at all, because you dont really need it, its predictable, and combo punnishable. id rather never do it then risk getting combo'd
AIR BALL flagg use the air ball! freaking upball is punnished by sonya anywhere on the map.

yeah ermac is a hard match up, but iv never really had a problem with him since air ball jumps all his specials. it may be 5/5, to 4.5/5 in ermacs favor maybe. i blow up ermacs alot to

I just realized how much I hype airball but honestly who needs resets and instant safe teleports?

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
Kano's number first of course.

Raiden - 6-4
Kabal - 4-6
Smoke - 4-6
Kenshi - 3-7
Kung Lao - 5-5
Jax - 6-4
Freddy - 6-4
Kitana - 6-4
Mileena - 4-6
Sonya - 6-4
Cyrax - 6-4
Reptile - 6-4
Scorpion - 5-5
Ermac 6-4
Sektor - 4-6
CSZ - 6-4
Rain - 6-4
Noob - 5-5
JC - 6-4
Nightwolf - 5-5
Liu Kang - 5-5
Shang - 6-4
Sindel - 6-4
Skarlet - 5-5
Quan - 6-4
Jade - 5-5
Stryker - 5-5
Sub-Zero - 5-5
Sheeva - 6-4
Baraka - 6-4

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang

It's because the slide goes under the knives. If it didn't, I'd say Kano beats Sub-Zero 6-4. But it doesn't so that is why I think it's a weak match-up for Kano. Of course once Kano gets in he owns Sub but that's the issue, Ice Clone is a very good defense against Kano paired with the ability to slide under his knives on command. I still say 5-5 for this match-up though, because Kano who plays defensively against Sub-Zero will prosper. But Sub-Zero is evenly matched with the tools he has I feel. Whoever is the aggressor in the match will lose. I used to get owned by Sub-Zeros until I started playing like they do, which I find cowardly, but most would say defensively.