What's new

Question - Hellfire Tips on FRC?

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I've been trying to pick up Hellfire Scorpion for a few days, but i'm struggling consistently getting the Fireball Run Cancel down. I'm just running into problems doing it consistently and in particular, having enough stamina to go for the second Fireball Run Cancel. Just curious as if to any of you guys could offer any advice or tips for getting this down consistently. I play on the regular ps4 pad if that helps as well. Thanks!

zoofs

bless
What is FRC?
fire run cancel I guess

@op I don't have any particular trick other than the fact that it's pretty lenient and you're probably just mistiming it/doing it too fast. You can enter 214 xx fireball and wait until the fireball actually shows up then quickly cancel

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If you're talking about on hit, you can only do one fireball run cancel in a combo. If you try to do another, the game will stop you from cancelling for the rest of the hitstun.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
If you're talking about on hit, you can only do one fireball run cancel in a combo. If you try to do another, the game will stop you from cancelling for the rest of the hitstun.
I'm referring to on block. I can't get the timing down so that I don't waste too much stamina on the run.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Fireball run cancels.

I play liu who also has FRCs and the best way to do is by inputting the fireball command and holding the button down until the animation starts, if you input dash or run too soon then it won't work.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You can only do 1 FBC per combo when connects, other than that, the maximum loop of blockstrings you can get is canceled 3 times, but on the third you will not have stamina for a run, so you will end up dashing

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Fireball run cancels.

I play liu who also has FRCs and the best way to do is by inputting the fireball command and holding the button down until the animation starts, if you input dash or run too soon then it won't work.
Ok, thanks. Definitely will try that out. So how long did it take you to get the cancel down to the point where you could consistently do it?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If a steam of flame are left on the screen while you canceling your already way too late, if you want to connect normals, you will have to run on the first available frame

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm referring to on block. I can't get the timing down so that I don't waste too much stamina on the run.
as soon as you let go of block just hit your next normal I guess. It will take time to embed in your muscle memory properly without it being autopilot. Rome wasn't built overnight.

Edit: maybe I should clarify, what I'm saying is, cancel out of the run itself with the normal.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Ok, thanks. Definitely will try that out. So how long did it take you to get the cancel down to the point where you could consistently do it?
I starting playing liu about 4 days ago and I still haven't gotten it 100% lol.

You just really have to remember to not press any buttons until you see the startup of fireball and then immediately run and also immediately input your string. It might seem hard at first but I've seen plenty of people do it online with all sorts of characters so it's definitely possible.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
You have to cancel the fireball the second you see the transition to the animation, you also need to hold down the button; 1 in this case while doing the run motion to successfully cancel it to get the maximum amount of plus frames.

Just keep practising, once you get a feel for them it's really not that difficult.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Sweet, thank you guys! This has been helpful information and i'll be sure to spend my time in the lab practicing this.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
If you want 2 fbc in 1 blockstring you need to cancel the run into a normal on the first frame , it will eventually become muscle memory. I literally never miss then , off any normal.

Why are you guys giving him such a hard time about his choice of Acronyms lol. Technically FRC is more accurate since it is in fact a Fireball Run Cancel.
A Fireball Cancel can be done simply by dashing in either direction. Duh.

@OP

Unfortunately it is all about speed and muscle memory. The quicker you cancel/hit your opponent the more stamina you are left with. Also, if you are leaving too much space in between your executions they won't be jailed and will be able to poke out.

Try really hard to speed each cancel up. You have to practice practice practice. Unfortunately at the end of the day it comes down to muscle memory. Your hands have to know how to run cancel the fireball without you even thinking about it. So just spend some time training and put the computer on reversal attack with reptile's ex slide. He will punish you the second you leave a gap. Once you are comfortable with that, do Very Hard tower mode and take on the AI. They will demolish you but once you feel that your executions are natural take it on line and dominate.

Good luck!

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Why are you guys giving him such a hard time about his choice of Acronyms lol. Technically FRC is more accurate since it is in fact a Fireball Run Cancel.
A Fireball Cancel can be done simply by dashing in either direction. Duh.

@OP

Unfortunately it is all about speed and muscle memory. The quicker you cancel/hit your opponent the more stamina you are left with. Also, if you are leaving too much space in between your executions they won't be jailed and will be able to poke out.

Try really hard to speed each cancel up. You have to practice practice practice. Unfortunately at the end of the day it comes down to muscle memory. Your hands have to know how to run cancel the fireball without you even thinking about it. So just spend some time training and put the computer on reversal attack with reptile's ex slide. He will punish you the second you leave a gap. Once you are comfortable with that, do Very Hard tower mode and take on the AI. They will demolish you but once you feel that your executions are natural take it on line and dominate.

Good luck!
I figured it'd be more practice than anything, I was mainly hoping for some kind of advice that would make it much easier lol. Thanks for the help!