What's new

The stance button...

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Do you think it'll have any applicable use in the game or did NRS just neglect to remove it? I can't remember there being any use out of it from MK9.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If I had to guess, it's still in there because of Injustice being on the same engine as MK9. Either it can't be removed, or there's no need to remove it.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
should have made it a taunt button...

#threwmycontrollerwhenjokertauntedme

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
haha, it's just a troll tool in this game .... once again, NRS kept this stuff, because had none other useful function to add with the button what is left over, so, they put once more, an useless stance button ..... since we get used with it in MK9, same stuff in IGAU, hehe :D

According to Foxy Grampa, the stance button did serve a purpose in MK9. It apparently was used for "Stance specific hitconfirms and stance specific combos in MK9....and its a really significant part of getting the most out of Kung Lao." When asked for some examples, he followed answered with "Kenshin cornier Ex SC -> 114 RK, KL 2 4 hitconfirm spin, Jax F41 energy wave."

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The MK9 fighting engine is very strange. The animation system allows for stance specific endings to moves. For example, you have strings that start open-stanced and end closed-stanced. However, since the characters are symmetrical, the hand or foot you are attacking with actually changes each time your stance changes. Sometimes D1 will be your left fist, sometimes your right. That's why Freddy has 2 gloves.

Injustice characters are not always symmetrical (Wonder Woman) but it has what some would call a "magic frame" of animation. During this frame, the weapon will magically switch hands mid-animation so it is always in the outside hand. I did notice that in WW's Sword stance, they actually added in the animation of her switching the sword to the other hand after the attack, which looks really nice.

In the end, I think stance change was a necessary mechanic due to the animation system they chose and the fact that they needed a way to switch you back to an open stance for fatalities and win poses. They might have felt we would find other uses for it too... which there are, just not many.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I was actually really hoping SF style controls would include a double qcf input for supers. L+M+H woulda been nice too.
1+2+3 is already for meter burn. Hmm... I just had a thought and tested it too. Super is supposed to be MB + Stance Change.

MB is 1+2+3 and Stance Change is 2+3. Yet to do a Super you're obligated to pressing the mapped MB button.

I've tried 1+2+3 x 2 + 3 and 1+2+3 x mapped Stance Change and they both don't work.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
1+2+3 is already for meter burn. Hmm... I just had a thought and tested it too. Super is supposed to be MB + Stance Change.

MB is 1+2+3 and Stance Change is 2+3. Yet to do a Super you're obligated to pressing the mapped MB button.

I've tried 1+2+3 x 2 + 3 and 1+2+3 x mapped Stance Change and they both don't work.
Oh, I wasn't aware that Meter Burn had a macro. Interesting. Odd results with that little investigation, though. I suppose they thought nobody'd want to press four buttons for super.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
So I thought that Injustice might in reality be a 4 button game...
1+2 = interactable
1+3 = throw
2+3 = stance change
1+2+3 = meter burn
1+2+3+4 = super

...except neither pushblock nor clash can be performed with 1+2+3, or any other combination of 1-4 that I could find, they still required the 5th MB button. Kind of odd.