What's new

The Sheeva Corner.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Here we discuss Sheeva, the character.

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since one of them on the PS1, I forget the name. The game was great though. Now I'm loving this game a helluva lot. 37% of the reason why I love this game so much is Sheeva. I at first wanted to use her cause I knew she'd be unpopular, and probably low on the tier list. Now I'm 265-27 in player matches, and 43-4 ranked with a 21 win streak using just her. As this is my first Mortal Kombat since the one I mentioned, I don't know much of the story.

In this game's story, Sheeva's a jailor right? Is she a bad person? Cause it didn't seem that way in her ladder's ending....

Gast

Noob
Sheeva, when not busy being a punching bag seem more like a neutral character in the story. She does what she is told, is about it. So in story mode she doesen´t get much developement or anything really. She did actually survive though, which is a feat in itself considering what happened.

However, judging by previous lore and her arcade ladder ending, I think that she is very concerned about the welfare of her people over anything. Shao Kahn was her peoples best bet before, so naturally she would serve Shao Kahn. In the previous timeline she attempted to murder Shao Kahn after learning that the centaurs got more and more favour over the Shokans, which ended badly.

I think that she might have a change of heart now that Shao Kahn is dead, since now I don´t think theres anyone that really keeps the Tarkatans, Centaurs and Shokans in line. She may think that the best bet for her people would be to go with the arcade ladder ending, trying to migrate to earthrealm. I do not think thats her call to make however since Goro is still very much alive. Maybe she will kill Goro for right of leadership or something? Or maybe Goro will realise their options are rather limited now that the netherrealm are ready to conquer everyone?

She had a good part in the story pre MK9 as Sindels guard. She seems to be in the same position as Reptile though, serving Shao Kahn for the greater good of their people. Goro and Kintaro don't really seem that interested, more so in power. Motaro's hatred is also more so directed towards Sheeva it seems, whether it's because she may be easier to pick on or because she cares about the Shokan, who knows. And didn't she ally herself with the Edenians at one point in the canon storyline?

I really liked her ladder ending. It seemed like something that could really happen compared to other ladder endings.

Gast

Noob
Honestly I don´t think theres much to talk about Sheevas character really. Sheeva, Reptile and Baraka all had very little purpose in story mode apart from being punching bags, I would like it if they had a bigger role. Reptile seem quite similar to Sheeva actually, in that his main concern is his lost race and his homeworld. Now that Shao Kahn and Samsung is dead, nothing really ties him to the evil side anymore. Maybe Sheeva and Reptile will be bros with Sonya and Johnny Cage so they can kick Crunchy´s ass and get all the souls back?

nageki

Noob
considering the fact she survived, that makes her amazing in my book, character wise she wants what's best for her people so she kind of a sweetheart

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Just beat the story. Hm, I don't recall seeing any indication that she/ a lot of others survived...
The only people that I recall dying on the evil side were Motaro, Sindel, Shao Kahn and maybe Shang Tsung. (That's kind of up in the air, and did Goro and Kintaro die? I forgot. :p)

Besides them I'm pretty sure the rest survived.

Gast

Noob
The only people that I recall dying on the evil side were Motaro, Sindel, Shao Kahn and maybe Shang Tsung. (That's kind of up in the air, and did Goro and Kintaro die? I forgot. :p)

Besides them I'm pretty sure the rest survived.
Yeah those are about it. Well Noob Saibot kinda died, but I think his "death" was left very vague. There was no corpse or anything, so he may still be alive, we don´t know how a soulnado would affect him since he is a spectre. I´m thinking perhaps it revived him, so that we will get the old, asshole Sub-Zero again. Both Goro and Kintaro survived as far as I know. They got beat up pretty bad by Cyber Sub-Zero but that was about it.

Still hoping to see Sheeva and Reptile on the good side and perhaps get some developement going. Hopefully Ermac will join up with the others aswell, it is after all hinted that he will in his Ladder ending.