What's new

The Pre-MK X prediction thread.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Like I think REO did with Injustice, we should make a thread seeing who's guess is right about MKX from the trailer, a thread that we can all look back on after release and fish for useless props.

I believe that what looks like running, is actually dashing, similar to Injustice, movement looks like a 'cross' between MK9s walkspeeds, and Injustice dashing.

This ones far out, but the little kid could be baby Shao Khan in a parrallel universe or something?

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Like I think REO did with Injustice, we should make a thread seeing who's guess is right about MKX from the trailer, a thread that we can all look back on after release and fish for useless props.

I believe that what looks like running, is actually dashing, similar to Injustice, movement looks like a 'cross' between MK9s walkspeeds, and Injustice dashing.

This ones far out, but the little kid could be baby Shao Khan in a parrallel universe or something?
it is dashing you Tard

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Lol I was going for something weird like that, I thought the big guy might be some messed up kind of Kano cause he has a glowing red eye under his hood thing.

Gameplay wise I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are like trait moves or a trait button and when you option select different versions this is the input/move that changes.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
The whole running thing, they show him dashing and then they show that. Running somehow either a run button or someting else but it's not in place of dashing.

Zombie Liu Kang, Called it.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I believe as far as movement goes, from what I can gather in the gameplay trailer, is that we have a run button and the dashing is like injustice. At 0:26 seconds, I see scorpion doing a double dash and keeps dashing as sub starts to hit him into his combo.
We may also have a run button or some kind of running system (double tap and hold) here at 0:58 seconds (video below). Although, it does look like he slides at the end so I'm guessing you can run cancel into specials or slide depending on character. You may also be able to run cancel normals, but this all has yet to be determined and is speculation until further notice.
[/ spoiler]

Last edited:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think the "running" or dashing is either command run or "variation" specific. Depending on what variation of the character you have, they may or may not have a command run.

Or it's specific to your "stance" if thats the way it is, stance/variation

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think the stance switch button in combination with torwards turns into run button, and also if you run you won't be able to block imediately, but still it seems that there is running attacks in this game.

Also, There is a dash canceling combo from the sword scorpion, if you guys notice, he dashes and slashes before finish up his combo, so if dash blocking is in (wish i think is in), the game will be incredibly fluid, i didn't like much the long ass dashes from Injustice, and this in combination with unblockable interactables drove me away from the game.

I could easily see the running as something similar to spinal in KI. I would be okay with this.
I wonder where the story is going though, and what happened to all the dead folk

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Havik and Sub for sure. Don't worry tho bro, your smoke will more than likely be a robot...fucking robots :(
Dont do dis to me merked :( I was depressed enough when smoke was human in MK9. Yo does anyone else think the third character shown in the fatality part looked like hotaru zombie ol

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I could easily see the running as something similar to spinal in KI. I would be okay with this.
I wonder where the story is going though, and what happened to all the dead folk
Well they did time travel in MK9, that opens the door for alternate realities/timelines.

The different versions of characters and explaining why they aren't dead fits with that kind of story I think. Or Shinnok resurrecting all the things.
People seem to reckon the Aztec looking guy is an Elder God, maybe he doesn't like that Raiden fuxed with the timeline.

So far of those who are dead at the end of MK9 and now live with have Sub-Zero... alternate timeline versions of him is particularly easy as there have been multiple Sub-Zeros... IDK i'm just making shit up at this point.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
UsedForGlue will freak the fuck out about some loophole setup that the BFG/Kid has and say they don't fit the fuddameddalsodagaem, just because there's two of them or some wacky shit.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
So we all saw the gameplay………WOW dat shit looks hot

So lets get down to the info

Gameplay Mechanics

Interactables
They are in (weather everyone uses them in the same way is to be seen), looks like they are similar to how Inj interactions work (just an assumption more information is needed to be certain).

Movement
Dash / run?.......I have multiple thoughts on this at one stage sub does his little slide dash and then at another point he does a full blown run into a slide (right before the run starts he crushes some ice in his hands)
I don’t know if it’s just me but character movement is much much faster than Inj and Mk9 together

Trait
Scorpion seems to turn on his Inj Trait during his fight with sub, Master blasters lil guy seems to be his trait or could be part of his trait abilities, its going to be interesting to see Mk characters traits.

Other stuff
Looks like there is still that pesky stance switch button
New animation for subs ice-ball
Multiple different scorpions during fight with sub
Scorp #1 hands glow and shoots fireballs
Scorp #2 has swords on his back and uses them in strings
Scorp #3 has a skull on his waist which he uses to call forth a different type of hellfire
Sub #1 normal arms / medallion
Sub #2 normal arms / ice mask sub
Sub #3 frozen arms
Sub throwing clones?
Scorps en spear doesn’t pull towards you?
Sub has a parry? (trait or different version of the character?)
Flatten state still in (hard knockdown?)
Backwards roll in
3 new characters (Who are they)
Master Blaster has a command grab??(It has the possibility but I doubt it)

Will continue to Update as more info is released
Well they did time travel in MK9, that opens the door for alternate realities/timelines.

The different versions of characters and explaining why they aren't dead fits with that kind of story I think. Or Shinnok resurrecting all the things.
People seem to reckon the Aztec looking guy is an Elder God, maybe he doesn't like that Raiden fuxed with the timeline.

So far of those who are dead at the end of MK9 and now live with have Sub-Zero... alternate timeline versions of him is particularly easy as there have been multiple Sub-Zeros... IDK i'm just making shit up at this point.
The reason why I am quoting this here is because it fits the bill. Since there is speculation of different universes and timelines, wouldn't it make sense if costume 1 fought with Scorpion's swords and costume 2 relied more in fists. It doesn't seem too farfetched at all if you ask me.

AssassiN

Noob
I think that at the character select screen you'll be able to choose different styles of your character. Ranging from fighting style to different special moves(instead of SZ's clone you have a parry, ...), choosing between dashing or run and different supers. That way you can possibly just change up your style and fight a MU better instead of counterpicking.

Interactibles won't be that big of a deal, some people are just overreacting. These are merely in place to get away or closer.
Ed has said that the background projectiles are blockable(like the barrels), I hope he means the branch swinging as well. I think they will keep the amount of interactibles to a minimum.

It's funny that in Injustice the interactibles seemed to favor the zoners, while in the trailer you saw Scorpion do a full-screen superjump of an interactible to punish SZ's ice blast.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
I've said this before but I hope every character has multiple X-Rays with different properties. Some could be anti-airs, others could be counters or allow for a combo afterwards, etc.

Also I'm pretty sure that kid is a chick. Sounds like Tara Strong, too.