What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

REO

Undead

- Second hit of 2,3 string now hits Low
- B,F+2 now seems to be a bit safer on block (-10 possibly)
- EX B,F+2 is now a completely safe armor attack with HUGE pushback. I believe it may be -6 or around there since in a Jacqui jump test one of them jumped up slightly faster than the other one when it was blocked.

How big of an impact do you think these buffs have? It now gives her a safe-ish mid with lots of range in the neutral. Scorpion, Liu Kang, Takeda, and even Mileena's reversal roll couldn't reliably punish it on block.

Jacqui having a safe mid armor attack to throw out in the neutral now seems like a very powerful tool when combined with her zoning and quick movement. Being hit by a B,F+2 now can allow her to reverse positions with B,F+1 and put you in the corner. The opponent respecting the fear of a random B,F+2 mid screen also increases Jacqui's run up and throw game, or run up and 50/50. The added effect of being conditioned off B,F+2 in neutral and now being more likely to block bullet strays is also a plus since it feeds her meter in Full Auto.

What do you Jacqui players think? I think the B,F+2 buff is going to help her a lot more in the long run when it's fleshed out than what it seems like on paper right now. Discuss.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Someone posted a corner infinite on reddit in shotgun too, but I imagine that's not going to make the cut. Using DF2 I think.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH

- Second hit of 2,3 string now hits Low
- B,F+2 now seems to be a bit safer on block (-10 possibly)
- EX B,F+2 is now a completely safe armor attack with HUGE pushback. I believe it may be -6 or around there since in a Jacqui jump test one of them jumped up slightly faster than the other one when it was blocked.

How big of an impact do you think these buffs have? It now gives her a safe-ish mid with lots of range in the neutral. Scorpion, Liu Kang, Takeda, and even Mileena's reversal roll couldn't reliably punish it on block.

Jacqui having a safe mid armor attack to throw out in the neutral now seems like a very powerful tool when combined with her zoning and quick movement. Being hit by a B,F+2 now can allow her to reverse positions with B,F+1 and put you in the corner. The opponent respecting the fear of a random B,F+2 mid screen also increases Jacqui's run up and throw game, or run up and 50/50. The added effect of being conditioned off B,F+2 in neutral and now being more likely to block bullet strays is also a plus since it feeds her meter in Full Auto.

What do you Jacqui players think? I think the B,F+2 buff is going to help her a lot more in the long run when it's fleshed out than what it seems like on paper right now. Discuss.
Thx REO for this!!

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
This is actually great news for high tech's very weak neutral. Cant wait to test it out once the update comes to.....oh wait ;(

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I'll take anything right now to be honest. Especially something that helps close distance on characters with average to long sized limbs, ass tentacles and swords of great stretch.

10/10 for effort, NRS.

Thanks for the update REO <3

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I'd like to see BF1 safer on whiff considering most people don't respect her slow armor attacks that hit mid and will typically break the other mid armor moves.

It's a start though. Where are the phantom hitboxes she needs though.

Agilaz

It has begun
Because she can't get in without an invitation and a hug. atleast the BF2 gives the opponent something to think about other then Jacqui just running in which usually results in her taking a D4 to her baby legs.

Do you even Jacqui, bro?
Why would she need to get in when she can just pew pew from across the screen and force me to try and come in?

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
I think B,F+2 must be unsafe in fullauto and safe in hitach and shotgun. Zoner variation must not have such tools, as safe B,F+2

stosn

Noob
My question is why would you think these buffs are OK in her best variation?

Makes sense for Shotgun and HT, but it's completely stupid for FA.
Her best variation is HT, so these buffs are OK
and watch the video again - bf2 is unsafe

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs

It's not stupid at all. Still have to spend a bar and it's hardly like its ground breakingly broken. You block and there is push back, you take the hit and you end up full screen. If it was a launcher I could understand but it's not so I dont.

I never even realized 2,3 wasn't a low, lol. I always blocked it low on sight.
I like the EX Bf2 change, personally. It's not like it gives her a ton of damage so it should at least be safe on block.
It's not stupid at all. Still have to spend a bar and it's hardly like its ground breakingly broken. You block and there is push back, you take the hit and you end up full screen. If it was a launcher I could understand but it's not so I dont.
The regular bf2 being safer could still be annoying to fight against, given that it makes you actually have to block and not just duck/low-profile bullets for free. That being said, I feel like it's fair.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
At a second thought about it i think this could make HT really dumb because it can result i a relatively easy way in. Id rather have her tech shield as a 3 second anti projectile buff or maybe have it give her gauntlet charges or something.
She gets really scary once shes in but that shouldnt be too easy or free like liu.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter

If you are getting zoned out by full auto, that means that:
(A) You have room to improve as a player OR
(B) You are getting owned by the netcode OR
(C) You are playing one of a small number of characters that genuinely has a problem with her zoning

Her zoning is not that good at all offline vs most competent players. Easily outside the top 5 zoning tools in the game, in a game where zoning blows. The buffs are fine.

I don't play Jacqui by the way, in case you think I'm being biased/defending my character.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@YOMI REO Also add that her Stanky Leg input (4U4) is significantly easier to do in the beta. In the regular version it's like pulling teeth but in the beta it comes out smooth. It is literally her best normal so it being able to come out consistently is big.

EX BF2 being safe is good. She finally catches up with the rest of the cast in having at least one armor move that either combos or is safe. Finally.

Regular BF2 being a "safeish" move is pretty big. Me and @Rip Torn were discussing this. No one needs help getting in more than Jacqui in this game and at least this gives an option if you can time/space yourself accordingly. The struggle is so real getting in that sometimes being blocked and dealing with pressure is a great alternative if it means you're inside. Very needed change with BF2 and the EX version.

2(3)3 being a low is kinda meh.

All and all it's a start and shows they at least didn't forget she's in the game. I am pleased with these changes. She still needs a few more things like one of F1, B1, or F2 to not be 16 and 17 frames, being that she has both by far the shortest range and the slowest barely advancing past her character space normals. D4 not to be 13 frames (lol). And tech shield to not be 11 frames of start up since she has one of the hardest times being zoned out with one of the worst, if not the worst anti projectile tool making it useless in some MUs. Hopefully these get looked at as well but the beta is a welcome change for the female Briggs.

*This much more helps Shotgun and High Tech. Full Auto has more competitive range than the other two variations who suffer hard in certain areas and MUs.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
@YOMI REO Also add that her Stanky Leg input (4U4) is significantly easier to do in the beta. In the regular version it's like pulling teeth but in the beta it comes out smooth. It is literally her best normal so it being able to come out consistently is big.

EX BF2 being safe is good. She finally catches up with the rest of the cast in having at least one armor move that either combos or is safe. Finally.

Regular BF2 being a "safeish" move is pretty big. Me and @Rip Torn were discussing this. No one needs help getting in more than Jacqui in this game and at least this gives an option if you can time/space yourself accordingly. The struggle is so real getting in that sometimes being blocked and dealing with pressure is a great alternative if it means you're inside. Very needed change with BF2 and the EX version.

2(3)3 being a low is kinda meh.

All and all it's a start and shows they at least didn't forget she's in the game. I am pleased with these changes. She still needs a few more things like one of F1, B1, or F2 to not be 16 and 17 frames, being that she has both by far the shortest range and the slowest barely advancing past her character space normals. D4 not to be 13 frames (lol). And tech shield to not be 11 frames of start up since she has one of the hardest times being zoned out with one of the worst, if not the worst anti projectile tool making it useless in some MUs. Hopefully these get looked at as well but the beta is a welcome change for the female Briggs.

*This much more helps Shotgun and High Tech. Full Auto has more competitive range than the other two variations who suffer hard in certain areas and MUs.
You mean it is possible for my leg to get all Stanky up in here?! That's pretty exciting.

Are you sure you're not feeling the full effect of a placebo here?

Status
Not open for further replies.