What's new

Question The most reliable controller set up for Barbaras vortex?

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~
Ok I play IGAU on a standard 360 controller and i'd say it's overall pretty damn terrible. I play with release check set to off and alternate controls off as well. Every time I go into her 50/50 set up lately with b2u3 I RARELY land the d2 afterwards.. It always comes out as a cartwheel or flying bat. Is this do to the easy wear and tare you can put on the standard controller? Should I buy a controller with a transforming d-pad? Let me know your perspective on this. Thanks.

1. Standard 360 controllers are booty. Especially with that Dpad. Look into upgrading.

2. I play Barb with alternate controls set to on. The only motion difference is that Bab's Bola changes from BF1 to BDF1. Which I think is smoother since you need to hit D2 anyway. And Flying bat comes out a LOT less accidentally.

3. Some characters I play with alternate controls set to off. Killer Frost is an example. Her slides don't like coming out on alternate controls.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
1. Standard 360 controllers are booty. Especially with that Dpad. Look into upgrading.

2. I play Barb with alternate controls set to on. The only motion difference is that Bab's Bola changes from BF1 to BDF1. Which I think is smoother since you need to hit D2 anyway. And Flying bat comes out a LOT less accidentally.

3. Some characters I play with alternate controls set to off. Killer Frost is an example. Her slides don't like coming out on alternate controls.
I agree with this 100%. D2 bola is 10x easier since you can just hit b,d2,f1. I almost never get accidental cartwheels, flying bats, or batarangs when they would happen all the time in the standard control scheme.

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~

Yeah i think i'm gonna have to get used to alternate controls. I was messing around with it today and i do her vortex about 10x more frequently the down side is that it just feels super awkward with everything else, like bola spamming for instance ;p

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~
I agree with this 100%. D2 bola is 10x easier since you can just hit b,d2,f1. I almost never get accidental cartwheels, flying bats, or batarangs when they would happen all the time in the standard control scheme.
"b,d2,f1" will actually work for her vortex set up? That input doesn't sound right lol.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah i think i'm gonna have to get used to alternate controls. I was messing around with it today and i do her vortex about 10x more frequently the down side is that it just feels super awkward with everything else, like bola spamming for instance ;p

If you have a better (not so loose kontroller) you kould be fine with just regular kontrols. "Off" and "Off"

I think it's more of a kontroller issue.

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~
If you have a better (not so loose kontroller) you kould be fine with just regular kontrols. "Off" and "Off"

I think it's more of a kontroller issue.
Yeah i honestly think i'm gonna go pick up a 360 controller with a transforming D-pad so i can play with a + instead of a circle. If i could get this dropping vortex set ups problem out of the way my babs would level up so much. 0.o I also reeeeeeeeally don't want to get used to playing with alternate, i fear muscle memory will get the best of me.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah i honestly think i'm gonna go pick up a 360 controller with a transforming D-pad so i can play with a + instead of a circle. If i could get this dropping vortex set ups problem out of the way my babs would level up so much. 0.o I also reeeeeeeeally don't want to get used to playing with alternate, i fear muscle memory will get the best of me.

I used to play with alternate but on quick knockdown rises I kouldn't wake up slide with Arrow.

That was my main gripe about alternate. Half circles. Not the execution but how long they took.

I think it's not too bad to transition back to regular.

Is the transforming D-Pad significantly better? I never played on one..

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~
I used to play with alternate but on quick knockdown rises I kouldn't wake up slide with Arrow.

That was my main gripe about alternate. Half circles. Not the execution but how long they took.

I think it's not too bad to transition back to regular.

Is the transforming D-Pad significantly better? I never played on one..
Either have i but i heard having a plus d-pad (more similar to the ps3s) over the round disc that the standard 360 controller has, improves your game play a lot.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I play with release check set to off and alternate controls off.

I had them on originally, but kept on stuffing up all my corner combos.

I don't use a 360 controller though. I use PS2 pad with a 360 converter.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Wow those d-pads looks great and only $60. Thanks for redirecting me to this website lol only thing i'm worried about is that the "evil d-pad" buttons might be too far apart.
well they look to be the same size as the xbox dpad just seperate buttons , i cant wait :)

Nine Toddlers

~YoLo BoLo~
Its supposed to be a cheap controller but mine has lasted almost 2 years. The d-pad is slightly smaller but I don't have many problems. I play Kabal and Batgirl.

Sent from my Brain via Tapatalk 4 chip. Ding! Team IJS --» www.injusticesociety.com
I'll take your word for it then lol the d-pad looks great. I was looking at the madcatz MLG controller because it actually has an arrow d-pad similar to the ps3 controller. The price and bad reviews got me tainted though.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'll take your word for it then lol the d-pad looks great. I was looking at the madcatz MLG controller because it actually has an arrow d-pad similar to the ps3 controller. The price and bad reviews got me tainted though.
If money isn't an issue check this controller out, but its banned in tournaments because of the extra buttons and you can change the button mapping. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth

Sent from my Brain via Tapatalk 4 chip. Ding! Team IJS --» www.injusticesociety.com

Celerity

Lab Monster
I recommend a PS2 controller with a good adapter. Nothing really beats it aside from the Saturn pad.

As for the vortex, if you don't want to use alternate controls, all you need to do is put more of a delay between the D2 and BF1. You actually have a lot of time, there's no reason to spam it out. And doing B, D2, F1 will cause Bola to whiff from certain starters.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
I use a Ps2 pad and never mess it up anymore. It was one of the hardest techniques I ever had to master on a pad though so feel your pain. If you're dead set on using a controller you're just gonna have to practice it A LOT.

If you want to buy something to make it easier you should definitely get a Hitbox. I bought one recently and was doing them perfectly everytime with ease after only a few minutes. I haven't began using the Hitbox in tourney yet but I might be soon.