What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I think the only person who uses Bounce cancels is Bane. Everyone else either has one in a combo, doesn't use it because of other more prominent strats(Killer Frost, Black Adam) or fights like DD in a way( Hawkgirl for example)

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Currently working on a video showing Safe (Against all wake ups midscreen and 10f wake ups in the corner)trait activation from 112

Also some stuff showing how to build meter using specials while applying pressure, frame traps and more.

Should post up from youtube some time this week

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I don't know if this was known, but mid screen if you land a F3, you can dash under and follow up with a 3~df2 MB. You can follow that with just about any string into an ender as well.

3~df1 = 31%
221+3= 30%
23~df2 = 31%
23~db2 = 31%
b231~df3 = 32%
d2,b3 = 29% (35% if it results in stage transition)
23 (bg bounce) 3 df3 = 35%

If you start with the MB f3 it adds about 5%.

If you are cornered when you start the combo you can end with b231~df2 for 33% and leave them cornered.

It sets up nice positioning for interactable use or can get you out of the corner/put them in the corner.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
1,1,2. High, Mid, Overhead. Cannot Cancel. 11% damage. 7.17% chip.
# 7% chip is not true anymore

Jip, 1,2,3, xx d1, d1, df2. 33% MB whiffs don't use
# You can't cancel into a normal

Jip, 1,2,3, xx DF 3. 27% MB adds 8% for 35%
# You can't cancel 123 into a special, DF3 is done after the recovery frames of the 123 chain end.

So please edit your post.
In addition, can you add BGB combos?

E

Eldriken

Are the combos on the first page up to date?
Without even looking, I'm pretty sure they are.

The main ones I use are jd3, 123, df1 (Venom) while at mid screen. For the corner, I do jd3, 123, 23d1, df1 (Venom).

You can also do jd3, 123, 112 for a super hard knockdown in the corner. The reason I say it's a super hard knockdown is because if you hit an airborne opponent with 112, it increases the duration of the hard knockdown for some reason. How this is advantageous over a regular hard knockdown is up to you to determine. It gives you a bit more time to do whatever it is that you want to do.

4x4lo8o

Noob
If you're looking to go from Bane to DD, you're going backwards.
Nah, I'm just tired of you bopping all my guys so I'm trying to get my scene some match up experience.

Bane is boring as hell and I'm dropping him, but not for Doomsday

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Nah, I'm just tired of you bopping all my guys so I'm trying to get my scene some match up experience
Then make them practice blocking Earth Shake in every way it can be used. d1~ES, 3~ES, f2~ES, etc.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Then make them practice blocking Earth Shake in every way it can be used. d1~ES, 3~ES, f2~ES, etc.
I'm waaay ahead of you on that one.

I mostly came here looking for what to do if I make them whiff a wake up in the corner or if I land a b3

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I'm waaay ahead of you on that one.

I mostly came here looking for what to do I make them whiff a wake up in the corner or if I land a b3
If you make them whiff a wake up in the corner, you hit their ass with an Earth Shake again to keep them there and playing by your rules. There are characters that you're not able to really do this against, however.

As far as landing a b3, just see what you can come up with. Doomsday doesn't have a ton of options off of a b3 like the majority of the cast.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Since you are just trying to give your scene experience, there are only a few things to do after a b3. The common ones are:

J3, air grab (HKD)
J3, 23 xx Shoulder (corner carry)
Dash under, sweep (position reverse HKD)
F3 (unclashable HKD)

This is what 99 percent of the Doomsdays you play will do after a b3. Anything else you do is getting character specific and yomi level 2. If you are trying to prep your guys, use those 4.

E

Eldriken

Since you are just trying to give your scene experience, there are only a few things to do after a b3. The common ones are:

J3, air grab (HKD)
F3 (unclashable HKD)

This is what 99 percent of the Doomsdays you play will do after a b3. Anything else you do is getting character specific and yomi level 2. If you are trying to prep your guys, use those 4.
I like you.

4x4lo8o

Noob
If you make them whiff a wake up in the corner, you hit their ass with an Earth Shake again to keep them there and playing by your rules. There are characters that you're not able to really do this against, however.
But sometimes you make them whiff a wake up that's got a thousand recovery frames while they've only got a quarter of a health bar left and at that point it makes more sense to just kill them and that's what I was looking for. Sometimes you want guaranteed damage more than a set up.
It doesn't really make sense for me to spend a lot of time figuring out combos on my own for a secondary character when someone here probably knows off the top of their head what I should be using. I got what I need though, so it's all good.

J3, air grab (HKD)
F3 (unclashable HKD)

Thank you sir. Is b3, j3, 23d1~shoulder character specific?

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
This is how you use doomsday. Press B it activates a trait it's really useful.. Try it!!!!!:DOGE