What's new

The Combo Breaker Predictions Thread -- If You Dare

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
We did this for Injustice and it was great fun, so I'm bringing it back here. It's that time once again; time to either look clairvoyant with triumphant victory, or to be remembered with shame and joked about for weeks to come for predictions gone awry :D

For those of whom who are brave enough to stick their necks out -- it's the Combo Breaker predictions thread!

Note: There aren't just Top 8 predictions. You're free to predict anything you want.

Typical examples:
-Who will surprise everyone, busting the bracket and taking out some of the heavy favorites?
-Who will be upset, meeting an early demise in pools and not making it to Top 8?
-Which characters will dominate the tournament?
-Which underdog characters will surprise everyone with unfamiliar tech/variations?
-Who will be the saltiest when it's said and done?

So if you dare, let's go! It all begins tomorrow.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hmmm.. Predicting Ducky to be slept on and tear a hole through the bracket. I'd peg MIT to go extremely far and for PNut to score a significant upset at some point in pool or Top 32 play.

Looking for Tyrant, REO, Fox, PPJ, Dizzy and King to go deep. If I had to peg anyone for an upset, it'd probably be JWong -- but I wish him the best.

Really looking forward to seeing this tournament.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
There are so many good players going it's hard to say what will happen.

I will say that the top 16 and beyond will look pretty much like what we've been seeing as far as characters go with maybe one odd char out as usual. The only thing that might change is I believe there are a few Jax players going so there's a chance that could happen. I'd welcome it over watching KJ, Quan, Dev., Cassie, etc.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
Tom Brady will do well untill he goes up against a guy who plays X character then lose against it and make 4 threads about how X character needs to be fixed and SZ needs to be reversed patch to his former glory :DOGE

I predict no one mattering besides EB, Kung Jin, Quan, Dvorah, Raiden, and cassie.

Then i predict some top player saying "see? Game is balanced!"

Then i predict a million kids to agree.

For real though i predict super jon to come out of pools and people will be like "what? Who?"

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
My predictions:
- Tom Brady gets bodied in pools, but a lesser known sub zero makes it into top 8. Tom responds by passive aggressively giving the sub player backhanded compliments which subtly suggest that he got lucky and Tom is the TRUE grandmaster
- At least two MVC players in the top 8 (MKX is a LOT like one on one marvel without super jump if you think about it... super fast movement, play the footsies/spacing game until you land one hit, then get a huge reward for opening the opponent up once, often times taking the round)
- Sonic Fox gets second, REO gets 5th, Dizzy in the top 16
- One ostensibly low tier character in the top 8
- If KDZ does well he will fervently claim that Cassie is his fav MK character of all time and he'd play the character no matter what tier she was in, but then drops her immediately when she gets nerfed modestly and barely slides out of the top five (a la superman)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I just wanna see the 4 people on my steam friends list upset someone.

Atk, Monox1de, Gengar and Grillz.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
My predictions:
- Tom Brady gets bodied in pools, but a lesser known sub zero makes it into top 8. Tom responds by passive aggressively giving the sub player backhanded compliments which subtly suggest that he got lucky and Tom is the TRUE grandmaster
- At least two MVC players in the top 8 (MKX is a LOT like one on one marvel without super jump if you think about it... super fast movement, play the footsies/spacing game until you land one hit, then get a huge reward for opening the opponent up once, often times taking the round)
- Sonic Fox gets second, REO gets 5th, Dizzy in the top 16
- One ostensibly low tier character in the top 8
- If KDZ does well he will fervently claim that Cassie is his fav MK character of all time and he'd play the character no matter what tier she was in, but then drops her immediately when she gets nerfed modestly and barely slides out of the top five (a la superman)
Solid predictions except Sonic to beat Ducky in the final