What's new

The buck stops here NRS community

Vagrant

Noob
Here's basically how it works and no one wants to admit it.

I hate how i cant anti air in this game consistently This game is garbage!

Well... hang on here man why is the game garbage?

Because your supposed to be able to anti air jump ins, You could never get away with a jump in in MK! People who jump in should be anti aired consistently because thats what i've been taught, leads to wins in other fighting games.

Ok well it's not as effective in this game

Well then this game is trash

Why?

Because something that has helped me win in other fighting games and i've believed in my head to be a key to winning in fighting games is not as prevalent in this game.

So maybe find something else that is more effective in winning in this game?

No because the idea that I don't know what is effective to win in this game, when i knew what was effective in other fighting games, makes me uncomfortable. and instead of accepting that I don't have the knowledge I thought I did and learning about what is effective in this game, I will just compare this game to other games that I understand better and deem the ones I understand and am more familiar with: Good

I was guilty of this line of thinking
Almost every single person on this site was

And it's ridiculous guys. Stop the "one or the other" thinking and lets just play the games! Be happy to lose, be happy to learn. Drop the need to win, instead play because you love the game, because you love that something as simple as shapes and numbers on a screen brings people all over the world together and we enjoy playing together.

We travel to tournaments why? Because the community has made them exciting and given them meaning. Winning is awesome, but winners will come and go all the time, the things that bring us back are the relationships we form with each other and how our love for these games creates so much energy and excitement. Lets focus on growing THAT and not weather or not we are currently winning in a game that we are continuing to learn about.

Stop comparing IGAU to MK or MK to SF these games are what they are. Neither good, nor bad. It is their respective communites that give them any importance whatsoever. This game is as important, or exciting, or fun, as YOU make it. Stop comparing it and just play.

You might learn something ;)

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
No because the idea that I don't know what is effective to win in this game, when i knew what was effective in other fighting games, makes me uncomfortable. and instead of accepting that I don't have the knowledge I thought I did and learning about what is effective in this game, I will just compare this game to other games that I understand better and deem the ones I understand and am more familiar with: Good
Pretty much sums it up perfectly. Hence all the "let's go back to mk because it's less scrubby" molarchy.

Nothing wrong with wanting to go back to mk because you generally like that game more. The problem is when people say injustice is shit because they are reminiscing about how well they did in mk.

Flagg

Noob
Lobo standing 3 is decent.

I've occasionally landed a standing 1 but I'm certain that was only cause they were doing a naked jump.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
<-----
Not guilty!
me neither.ive done nothing but state the fact that 'injustice isn't Mk,so stop trying to play it like Mk' since it was released. Im still not 100% on whether I'm willing to put some serious time into it atm though.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Bro Tekken sucks because jumping normals suck.

People are shit at Injustice and cry about it, but a vast majority of those crying about how superior MK is, are also shit at MK.

Dunno bout you guys, but I'm at LEAST tournament viable in MK, Tekken and Injustice, and yet, I don't play any of the 3 in the same fashion.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
me neither.ive done nothing but state the fact that 'injustice isn't Mk,so stop trying to play it like Mk' since it was released. Im still not 100% on whether I'm willing to put some serious time into it atm though.
Dude get yo ass more online :)

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Vagrant if we ever meet I will buy you a beer.

There is no reason to constantly bash on a game because it doesn't play like another. That is pretty much being a attention whore and in my time being on this board I find that to be the case for A LOT of the people on here.

Also here is a little tip for everyone in this game: Predict the jump in and go a Air-To-Air J1 or J2. You get your anti-air as well as a extended combo too. WOW!!!!

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Everybody has their moments, including me, but I have worked very hard to keep an open mind while learning this game. I'm still no where near where I was in mk but I enjoy this game more because I'm learning a lot. I agree with the op completely. Good stuff.

D

Deleted member 9158

Yeah, jump ins are free and anti-airing sucks but it's still a fun game, I suppose.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Why didn't people complain about jumping in marvel or is that game crap as well despite being the most hyped fighting game made

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Well that game is doo-doo but there is almost a answer for everything in that game with assists.
Besides the point. It has more jumping and stronger keepaway then Injustice yet people don't look overly deep into the game like they do Injustice. Injustice wasn't meant to be another Street Fighter yet people complain why it isn't more like street fighter

trufenix

bye felicia
Why didn't people complain about jumping in marvel or is that game crap as well despite being the most hyped fighting game made
Marvel players just accept that their games are broken as shit. S'what happens when you have to play build your own fighting game for 10 years in a sandbox with a broken bucket and no shovel. Stream monsters don't like it, but Marvel players just naturally move from one hunk of bullshit to the next.

This game's jump attacks work differently than in most fighters. Although some are tough to AA because there's no late-AA shoryuken type move (although easier than you seem to imply), most jump attacks in this game don't give anywhere near the block advantage you get in other games. So unlike in other games, your opponent can't do anything they want afterwards - you can poke out of a lot of setups.

People with a background in basically any other fighting game (including me) are going to find this counter-intuitive and need to break years worth of core habits. But that's how this works, and jump attacks aren't nearly as strong when they don't lead to anything afterward.