What's new

The Best Movie No One's Ever Seen.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Everyone praise the power of your favorite obscure movie.
The movie you love with all your squishy soul, but you know just about nobody else in the universe who's seen the damn thing.

I have two.

One: "The Breaks." Funniest damn hood comedy I've ever seen.

Two: "Sunshine." Best sci-fi movie I've ever taken in, coupled with a beautiful score.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Over The Top (1987) with Sly Stallone. By most standards, it's a god awful wreck. I absolutely love it though, ever since I first saw it on VHS when I was little. It's weird because I liked it only because it had trucks in it. It remained a favorite and overtime I came to appreciate the arm-wrestling aspect of the movie (competition, strenght, beating the odds). Check it out.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Everyone praise the power of your favorite obscure movie.
The movie you love with all your squishy soul, but you know just about nobody else in the universe who's seen the damn thing.

I have two.

One: "The Breaks." Funniest damn hood comedy I've ever seen.

Two: "Sunshine." Best sci-fi movie I've ever taken in, coupled with a beautiful score.

I saw Sunshine, I'm a Cillian Murphy Fanboy.

My addition :
Dale and Tucker vs Evil, sounds campy as fuck, is funnier than hell.

Flagg

Noob
Thought not my favourite film ever, one of my most favourite obscure movies I watched in recent times was Syriana.

Political thriller with about oil politics. A film with a ensemble cast that looks at corruption in the U.S. and the Middle East where oil is concerned. For anyone that also likes anything to do with spooks and the spy world.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Over The Top (1987) with Sly Stallone. By most standards, it's a god awful wreck. I absolutely love it though, ever since I first saw it on VHS when I was little. It's weird because I liked it only because it had trucks in it. It remained a favorite and overtime I came to appreciate the arm-wrestling aspect of the movie (competition, strenght, beating the odds). Check it out.
Um if you haven't seen this movie you probably aren't very cool. Trust me this is def not a movie that no one has ever seen! Hell, it totally jump started my amazing arm wrestling career!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The Spanish Prisoner and The Salton Sea are two movies that people need to see. Also, Moon with Sam Rockwell is a great movie too that wasn't super hyped up.

Also, Naked Lunch is a great book turned movie...I mean just look at the IMDB description...

After developing an addiction to the substance he uses to kill bugs, an exterminator accidentally murders his wife and becomes involved in a secret government plot being orchestrated by giant bugs in an Islamic port town in Africa.

How are you not watching this right now??

i remember that one... good flick

Justice

Noob
I loved Perfume! Until the ending. I was very disappointed by that. Great story until then I thought.
I got confused because I own a dvd called Perfume but it's a movie about the modelling world with Estella Warren and Jeff Goldblum and others.

Umm, two of my faves even though they aren't exactly low profile Any Given Sunday and DOA. OH! and Death Race 2000.

Any Given Sunday is an Oliver Stone film about the business of football with all kinds of stars from Al Pachino as the aging coach to Dennis Quaid as the venerable QB and Jaimie Foxx as the brash young QB looking for his time to shine. I credit this movie as being the only movie in Cameron Diaz's career where she actually gives a great performance.

DOA is a live-action flick based on the game. Now I know you guys are already rolling your eyes, but I found the movie to be very good considering. They did a great job of transferring the gaming environment to the movie medium. Fair warning for the ladies: just like the game, the movie has a LOT of fanservice and bikinis. But when you have Jaimie Pressley as Tina and Devon Aoki (Miho in Sin City) as Kasumi and Kevin Nash as Bass and Eric Roberts as Donovan, you can't go wrong! The fights are hotter than the ladies and the story (for any of you that have played DoA before) well, all I can say is, the story is much better than any they've had in the games..... :p

Death Race 2000 is another ensemble cast with mot notables being David Carradine as Frankenstein and Sly Stallone as "Machine Gun" Joe Viterbo. Sly made this movie while trying to get funding for Rocky. It's set in a post-apocolyptic world and the big thing is the Death Race to keep the populace happy and not blaming their leaders for the sad state of the world. The Death Race is exactly what you think it is: it a cross-country race and you score points for running people over in comedic fashion. This is an early 70's movie so no gore or anything like that.

Another quick one is Ladyhawke. Great movie with Rutger Hauer, Matthew Broderick and is known for being Michelle Pfifer's first flick. Swords, sorcery, mouthy kids, Michelle Pfifer; this movie has it all. Another oldie but goodie :D