What's new

Tested MameHub for Classic MK's - VERY PLEASED!

Noob
First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

So last night, I had the pleasure of testing MameHub with @Konqrr

For a while now, Mamehub has been touted as old school MK's solution to GGPO.

We only tested a little bit last night, but to my surprise, and much to my pleasure, I am happy to announce, at least tentatively, that MameHub is FAR superior to Mame with Kaillera and Mame via peer to peer!!!

It FAR surpasses MKAK and 360 UMK3 online as well.

That said, it is important that anyone who wants to try this, be sure to use MameHub 3.0 and NOT 3.1, as 3.1 has built in input delay and is not as good as 3.0. Unfortunately, 3.0 is no longer available to download.

If anyone wants to try this, please PM me, as I have a Mamehub 3.0 package.
I have updated the package with some new files, so if you have already downloaded the package but want the update, pm me.

@Konqrr, any input on your experience last night?

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Just played a solid set with @9.95 and I have got to say this is the best online i've played.

Averaging around 43ms I dont think I've ever enjoyed playing online like I just did with this. Its not PERFECT but god damn is it way better than anything else.

Noob
Just played a solid set with @9.95 and I have got to say this is the best online i've played.

Averaging around 43ms I dont think I've ever enjoyed playing online like I just did with this. Its not PERFECT but god damn is it way better than anything else.
It's not LAGLESS, but it's the absolute best online MK experience I've ever had.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@9.95 I would definitely like a 3.0 package. :)

I heard good things about Mamehub before, so good to hear that it's not just hearsay.

EDIT: Nvm, I found it, but unfortunately, it's forcing an update for me. So I'm stuck having to use 3.1. :(

Last edited:

Noob
@9.95 I would definitely like a 3.0 package. :)

I heard good things about Mamehub before, so good to hear that it's not just hearsay.

EDIT: Nvm, I found it, but unfortunately, it's forcing an update for me. So I'm stuck having to use 3.1. :(
I'm gonna send you a PM. DO NOT use 3.1, it SUCKS

I've heard about MameHub for close to a year now but never had the chance to really test it. Good to see that you've confirmed it's accuracy on how good it is. Now to buy myself a laptop this weekend and join in on the fun.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Unofficial update: Hacked ROMs are a no go at the moment. If anyone finds a workaround to this, you're pree gdlk. :D

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I would like to play classic mks as well since nobody plays mk ak on steam :(
But i dont know if it makes sense since i live in germany

Noob
@9.95 I'd like a PM about about MameHub. Would love to play classic MK with others, although I'm really bad lol I understand MameHub works with Mac OS, right?
It does, but I'm currently having problems getting people with Mac OS to get it installed. I don't have a Mac so I don't know how to do it myself.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
@9.95 Being trying MKT for a bit now,but wanna try UMK3 with human player now.So it would be freaking sweet if you can PM me the MAMEhub package

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
I wonder why they added the input delay? I also wonder if they'll end up taking it out again at a later date...?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
It's not LAGLESS, but it's the absolute best online MK experience I've ever had.
You guys are making it sound tempting.

Many times the ps3 og MK2 and MKAK games HAVE been lag-less though.
Also have played p2p on Mame a few times in perfect connections.
So my standards are pretty high ;)

If I DL this to give it a try, will it effect the Mame 119 package I already have set up?

Noob
You guys are making it sound tempting.

Many times the ps3 og MK2 and MKAK games HAVE been lag-less though.
Also have played p2p on Mame a few times in perfect connections.
So my standards are pretty high ;)

If I DL this to give it a try, will it effect the Mame 119 package I already have set up?
Not at all. This is a standalone package.

nwo

Noob
@9.95 I did try an early version of MAMEhub a long time ago, but it wasn't really "ready" I would say.

I'll download this and give it a try soon. Mame .119 in p2p is hard to beat, I'll let you know what I think.

Mgo

Noob
This still uses a single "international" server?? If so people outside USA, will not be able to play well ...Some of you know if retroarch with mame core works well online? retroarch has similar ggpo technology but dont know if is good