• Abbreviations

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Variation name only

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With MKX around the corner, one thing is for certain...we're not going to just be discussing characters, but their variations as well. So when it comes to typing out a character's name, there's also acknowledging the name of the variation. Which can make things pretty tedious to type out if you choose typing everything lol.

I'm wondering...what will be the main way people will reference characters and variations?

mfkaoz

Banned
Bo' Rai Cho A
Bo' Rai Cho B
Bo' Rai Cho C
BRC for MKX pls :(
I think that we should use ABC for the variations because we already use numbers for the buttons.

cyke_out

Noob
I voted for abbreviations. It's easier for players who don't know which variation Kano 2 or Kano b refers too. But cut Kano, cyber Kano and comm Kano are easily identifiable.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
For at least the first year of the game, I think commentators should say the whole name so viewers aren't confused when they join an MKX stream. If someone just walks in and they hear "I. Scorpion" with no knowledge of the game, they won't know what the hell is going on. I think everything should be explained in detail.

Easiest would be to abbreviate the variation then use character name . It's just a few more letters compared to typing option 1 or v1. Besides that I figure it would just be easier to abbreviate the variation so newcomers won't have to pause and go whats Scorp B? I feel that saying Character A/B/C is sort of a non needed hoop to jump through when abbreviations get straight to the point. Inf.Scorp is more straight forward.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Now we have an oportunity to Inferno Scorpion be a thing, i'm not calling anything with a shortcut, i think naming the variation and the character is godlike, but since we have some with longer names, i think it will vary depending of the length of the variation name, like Ermac's Master of Souls and Raiden's Master of Storms.
Anyway:
Tempest Lao, Buzzsaw Lao, Cryomancer Sub, Inferno Scorpion, Hellfire Scorps, Spec-ops Cassie.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
What....no number option? 1, 2 and 3? lol :p

I think some people will refer to them as A, B or C, 1, 2 or 3 or simply nicknames like in REO's post with "phase Ermac" and FlyMac lol.

Some folks I'm sure will just use the standard name since some of the names are short like "I like Mystic style" short and to the point or "Brawler Cassie"

Maybe combined the name with number or letter such as Scorpion 1, Scorpion 2, Scorpion 3. Ermac A, Ermac B and Ermac C etc maybe FujinV1, Fujin V2, Fujin V3?

Either of these can work really. I personally am more a fan of either Ermac 1, Ermac 2, Ermac 3 etc or just using the actual names of variations.

@THTB I thought about making a thread like this too. Are you guys thinking about adding thread title prefixes for each character variation, to avoid confusion?

My only issue with this is that it's unclear for newer players what the hell you're referring to. Jumping into a 40 page topic filled with "well quan 1 has a 3/7 matchup vs cassie 2, but quan 3 has a blah de blah" isn't instantly obvious at all.
Very true.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
For at least the first year of the game, I think commentators should say the whole name so viewers aren't confused when they join an MKX stream. If someone just walks in and they hear "I. Scorpion" with no knowledge of the game, they won't know what the hell is going on. I think everything should be explained in detail.
Obviously commentators should just say the entire name, this thread is about when typing.

Using numbers/letters would make the game seem less accessible for newcomers. I'd imagine walking into a thread and seeing "Scorp. C goes even with Ermac. A but gets bodied by Ermac.C" would be pretty overwhelming.

It's whatever though, they all mean the same thing.