What's new

Tech - Scorpion Teleport Cancel Wakeup Reversal (corner)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hey all, after a quick session in the lab with Scorpion I found this. I imagine it had already been found but I just haven't seen anybody use it. Maybe there's a reason for it but hey whatever, I thought it was worth sharing since I hadn't seen it even talked about before.

Some wakeups just can't be reversed. So far, all that I know DON'T get reversed (and are armoured/invincible) are Sonya's "wake n' bake", Reptile's EX Slide and Kung Lao's Tempest Spin - I was too lazy to test the other spins.

You could reverse your opponents wakeup, punish with a full combo then end in another HKD where they have to guess overhead/low or wakeup and risk having it reversed. Pretty decent Oki imo. But to be honest I haven't looked any further into it. I think it's punishable if they just block so your read better be on point but on the bright side the opponent has to be really on point to punish it... I think. Probably. *shrugs*

Just trying to help,
Scott.

@God Confirm
@JTB123
@STRYKIE
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@Mitsuownes
@HalfOfTheOnlineCommunity
@Eddy Wang
@Ze Dingo
@I GOT HANDS
@AnyScorpionPlayerIhaveMissed

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
This is sick as fuck, I always freeze up when I HKD someone because they usually delay and I get antsy and whiff something and end up getting fucked, or I mistime and they get the armored reversal anyway. This is some shit I'd definitely incorporate into my gameplan, thanks @Scott The Scot !

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
That's cool. I'm assuming it won't work on moves that cover both sides of them. Like Lashers df1 and Sektors ex fire thing (idk input)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
That's really cool never seen this before. If they try and wakeup D1 will it cross that up to?
Nah you just get punched in the balls.

Lol in my head I was like "he should do Lao's spin or Sonya's grenade with sad music at the end".

You delivered my friend. Great minds.
I couldn't NOT take up the oppertunity :p