What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Kobu Jutsu Discussion Thread

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Anyone else seeing a slow down or stagger in the game when doing the Tonfa grab combo? The part where she takes and swings the opponent to the other side of herself. Happens everytime for me.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
She might be a bad ass girl in this variation! I never thought for a second she might turn out so good.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I love the mixups potential and the rushdown style of this variation. Pyromancer it´s too fireball focused and Naginata´s stance seems too Yoshimitsu for me. Looks horrible and amorphous in my opinion

So... b1 2+3 xx df2,df1,df2ex ( -7 on block and very slight pushback ) does 8.63% chip and builds about 60% of a bar, so it costs 40% of a bar to get that chip. Sure it's unsafe against some of the cast, but against those we can use it, with 3 bars you can do 51.78% chip, not to mention if they drop the block you can hit confirm into full combo.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So... b1 2+3 xx df2,df1,df2ex ( -7 on block and very slight pushback ) does 8.63% chip and builds about 60% of a bar, so it costs 40% of a bar to get that chip. Sure it's unsafe against some of the cast, but against those we can use it, with 3 bars you can do 51.78% chip, not to mention if they drop the block you can hit confirm into full combo.
Df2 df1 df2 all let you delay the link to the next hit. They are not safe but if they try to poke you can delay it and catch them. Kind of like flash delaying his kick

You know that you can link 112df3 with another JIP1 112. You can use 2 groud teleports in one combo, so you can do it 3 times for 30+ meterless combos. However it is not very usefull in meter combos because of scaling.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You know that you can link 112df3 with another JIP1 112. You can use 2 groud teleports in one combo, so you can do it 3 times for 30+ meterless combos. However it is not very usefull in meter combos because of scaling.
That shit must be some tight ass timing

Df2 df1 df2 all let you delay the link to the next hit. They are not safe but if they try to poke you can delay it and catch them. Kind of like flash delaying his kick
Yes you can delay, but that do you mean they are not safe? They don't have any gaps if you do it fast and the chip is guaranteed, also ex the last one and it's safe against the most of the cast.

Reauxbot

So ive noticed that ending your combo with a blade dive in the corner and an immediate neutral jump side swaps so sneakily. And its also safe jumped against Reptiles ex slide.
Puts your in the corner.
Havent tested to see how screwy it fucks with inputs. Nonetheless seems pretty legit
A wake up command grab would get you. But ex wakeups outside of that seem legit

Reauxbot

God damn it.

I've been using Kobu for HOURS and I forgot she had Blade Dive, I holy shit.

This changes eeeeeverything.
Dude. This ender works a couple miracles in the corner..
Ive been using her overhead dives and low splits slam after teleports. It really fucks with the opponent.

The Magician

According to my sources...
The string 24 can be used as a reset into a 50/50 with b12+4 or b31 into whatever combo. I posted the video of a 50% in the combo thread