What's new

Breakthrough - Shirai Ryu TAKEDA HAS A TRI KUNAI RESTAND IN THE CORNER

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I'm not sure if this has been noted before or if this is a result of the new patch but after hitting the lab tonight, I discovered that Takeda now has a restand in the corner using the tri kunai up close.

If this is indeed new (yay for discovering something on my own), then can you guys help optimize this so that way we can make people cry that Takeda is now op? Thanks.

@Pleasa @Agoat @aieches @SOULWARRIOR 71K @Kinetic Balding1 @Immortal Kombat @mistaRONJON @BoricuaHeat @GuerillaTactix @jaepeso170 @virtiqaL @StealthyMuffin @Nortnauq @Zoidberg747 @RedRaptor10 @Malices' World @SOLEdier @Sovereign90 @SnowboardRX @Carmine @ATIWAB @ProjectD FC @Brack1sh @Maevar @st9rm

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Cool. So since they made the hitboxes more consistent to land alltogether, when two of them are off the map the first one just scoots them like its trying to set up the juggle.

Well played my good sir.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm not sure if this has been noted before or if this is a result of the new patch but after hitting the lab tonight, I discovered that Takeda now has a restand in the corner using the tri kunai up close.

If this is indeed new (yay for discovering something on my own), then can you guys help optimize this so that way we can make people cry that Takeda is now op? Thanks.

@Pleasa @Agoat @aieches @SOULWARRIOR 71K @Kinetic Balding1 @Immortal Kombat @mistaRONJON @BoricuaHeat @GuerillaTactix @jaepeso170 @virtiqaL @StealthyMuffin @Nortnauq @Zoidberg747 @RedRaptor10 @Malices' World @SOLEdier @Sovereign90 @SnowboardRX @Carmine @ATIWAB @ProjectD FC @Brack1sh @Maevar @st9rm

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Someone post those notes in here and see what we can do. Im seeing straight up 2 bars reversal resets. Takeda has a true RR, Scorpion took his ass to the lab and said HEYYY! Get right. Jax did the damn same thing. Loom at Shotgun Jacqui. 1 bar auto restands.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Good video man, I actually noticed this tonight as well. I was telling shujinkydink how pissed I was that I lost my midscreen setups with ex kunai because of the patch. Then I wondered what happens in the corner when he can't go flying across the screen and noticed the easy damage. I do think there's gonna be a ton of corner setups out of this. It's time to lab guys

JLsmooth

PSN : JLsmoothy

Max dmg 55% 3meters

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Broke restand. Too much new dirt in this patch. Someone going to get hit with a neat normalization.

Hey for the record this is how he should have been from start lol and I think a corner restand with ex kunai was an even trade for losing most mid screen ex kunai setups. Now it truly seems everyone in this game has a little dirt now.

Guys, we finally have dirt. Rejoice I can't name one character without a little dirt now. Lol

But truthfully mostly all takedas buffs pretty much make each variation useable now and now you can play them how they are supposed to be played. Not only that but now we have more options than just repeating the same safe stuff over and over.Well at least on paper. Least now our risks will have bigger payoffs (and still cost meter) and we can have that presence of fear that takeda never really had before . ( before fear was based on no match up knowledge imo) so SR got his main gap fixed and inconsistencies fixed. Ronin can now officially play the rush down Jedi game he was meant to play. and lasher. Well that's pretty much self explanatory.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
A few quality of life things I've noticed that weren't mentioned in the patch notes:
  • Lasher df1 combos way easier
  • Tele cancel off of b21 can be started on the first hit now. Back in my day you had to wait until the second hit to start your cancel