What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda Community: Possible Suggested Improvements

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Alright guys, we like so much to play with Takeda, hes definely viable and have a lot of potential but he need a few adjusts. We just want to play our character without those issues.
Here i'll show all known issues and problems of Takeda:

Hitboxes and Strings:

-One of the most important string with gap (f122+4) 112 have a gap too.
-Blade Kall is a inconsistent move, you don't know when it will hit once and twice
-If the opponent is blocking low but take the second hit of Hellspawn, he can block the rest of the string.
-NJP sometimes whiffs in air to air situations, giving advantage to the opponent.
-They can jump over b2, you can see them passing through the whips like nothing
-Hellspawn doesn't work correctly if the character is standing up (Probably a game gravity general)
-His 21 string is -27 ON HIT

Armor:

-Fist Whirlwind (EX bf1) is already a slow special and sometimes can be beaten with only one hit just like the teleport.
-EX Teleport as i said can also be beaten with one hit and get hit by projectiles too.

Huge thanks to @StealthyMuffin for this video: All Takeda's known issues and bugs:

Here some suggestions of the community.

General:

-Better cancel advantage on f12 or at least allow kunai to be a true string
-B2 strings = B21, B212+4 (Whip Snap & Fallen Warrior) = Adjust the hit box, no more jump over, reduce a lil bit the recover that goes around 37 and 55 at full string
-B1 strings = B11, B112 (Quick Lash & Old Grudges) = increase the range or at least give less startup frames, is too much for that range.
-Standing 2 strings = 212 = its just ridiculous how 21 its punishable even on hit, the same as the others, less start up and that can be used as AA and less recovery
-Take out the gaps at 112
-F1 strings = F122+4 (Hellspawn) = increase the block advantage.

Specials:

-EX Fist Flurry BF2 = with less start up and adjust the armor
-EX Teleport = the same, less startup is great but adjusting the armor is more important
-Tornado Kick = At least EX safe or less startup, let's give more utility to this move
-Whip Assault = hit more consistently, it's weird how this move hits sometimes

I would like to thanks everyone here of the community for every help and suggestions:

@aieches
@StealthyMuffin
@Maevar
@CrimsonShadow
@st9rm
@RedRaptor10
@EMPEROR PRYCE
@Pleasa
@SnowboardRX
@Immortal Kombat
@HomeLee1121
@hayatei
@Kinetic Balding1
@SOULWARRIOR 71K
@Zoidberg747
@colt

Tag any Takeda player you know too and leave your suggestions!

Last edited:

hayatei

Noob
everything is reasonable

except

-F1 strings = F122+4 (Hellspawn) = increase the block advantage, to make the TP pressure at least neutral.
that could make ronin pressure way tooooo good

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
A personal one would be ex blade drop which is essentially drop and call in the same motion. I feel like it'd help Ronin out a lot.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
F12 2+4 tele cancel is already neutral. Just the cancel advantage when you do a tele cancel before the 4 needs to be increased. This also makes f12 2+4 a true block string.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
If there was no gap in f122+4, I don't see why TP would need to be faster
Only slighty faster. Just so people don't easily go, "lol my turn now K?"
It costs stamina and is hella negative, so if you guess wrong on the pressure you HAVE to take, you can't even break.
It shouldn't be so easily disrespectable.

hayatei

Noob
Only slighty faster. Just so people don't easily go, "lol my turn now K?"
It costs stamina and is hella negative, so if you guess wrong on the pressure you HAVE to take, you can't even break.
It shouldn't be so easily disrespectable.
-4/-5 is not "hella negative", u have plenty of options after it

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

-4/-5 is not "hella negative", u have plenty of options after it
Not with Takeda's speed, dude. Any character with a >16 frame forward advancing mid (every character) destroys all of Takeda's offensive followups. EXbf2 works (sometimes), but it's risky and costs a bar.

Last edited:

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
General: Tornado Strike removed from the game for adding nothing to his gameplan (or make it safe on block with reduced start up across all versions so it isn't a full on YOLO move). Standing 2 has reduced start up so it works as an anti air. B1 reduced start up (I believe 16 or 17 frame start up would be good). Remove gaps in 112 and F122+4

For Shirai Ryu: Tele Feint recovery reduced by 4 frames so we can properly bait all armored moves in the game with F122+4. ENBF2 reduced startup and armor remains until recovery frames.

For Lasher: Make DB2 hit confirmable into ENDB2 a la Johnny Cage A List nut punch however it would need a slight damage reduction so it wouldn't be overpowering. ENBF2 now hits mid. ENDF1 should slightly juggle the opponent next to you but only make it so Diagonal 1 connects.

For Ronin: Make Blade Summon actually -5 on block. Reduced start up on Blade Drop by 2 frames (maybe Blade Call as well but I believe it'd be too good).

hayatei

Noob
Not with Takeda's speed dude. Any character with a >16 frame forward advancing mid (every character) destroys all of Takeda's offensive followups. EXbf2 works (sometimes), but it's risky and costs a bar.
yeah you're not gonna be mashing strings after it, but u can still jump/backdash/late teleport. certain normals will whiff if u walk back and u can punish those

if you want to stay on the offensive use kunai, youre +2

StealthyMuffin

yeah you're not gonna be mashing strings after it, but u can still jump/backdash/late teleport. certain normals will whiff if u walk back and u can punish those

if you want to stay on the offensive use kunai, youre +2
Mashing strings? I'm testing this with d3 lol. It's always your opponent's turn after they block. I really don't feel like it should be that way since we have to expend a resource just to make it safe.

Use f122+4xxkunai? No thanks. I like having health.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I haven't been keeping up with the discussion so forgive me if it was mentioned there but: what about how inconsistent his d2 can be when trying to anti-air? It whiffs way to often when used up close (amiright @Immortal Kombat?)

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Fix the bugs

Make b1 a true mid and extend the hitbox as well as shave some frames.

Give me extended hitstun on ex kunai that DO NOT launch (I.e. ex kunai in the corner) so I can do corner damage while maintaining safety.

B21 hitbox matches the animation.

That's all I want please NRS :(