What's new

Tech Surely this is known? (RESET)

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I remember seeing a video awhile back on TYM about Lobo possibly having a reset. I couldn't find the video, but I recorded myself performing it based solely upon memory. I'm sure most of the Lobo veterans like myself are already aware of this, however I'm curious as to how many of you actually use this. It's actually incredibly useful. A few things before you watch...

Pay attention to the amount of damage done, using only two bars of meter and trait.
This switches stances, I had GL set to Lantern's Might on wake-up. This is actually useful tech.
The only way an opponent can possibly escape this based on the little lab time I have with this, is if they use a wake-up attack that moves them forward, even then it whiffs because of the stance change.

Thoughts?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
cant they just neutral jump and punish?
I'm not certain I was just watching Tom Brady's video about day 1 gimmicks with Lobo. Apparently you can't neutral jump a czar toss. The opponent could possibly jump out of this but its not really a used tactic so I would assume most people may be caught of guard by this.

Gobblerr

Noob
Oh ya! I almost forgot about this! I'm going to start using this. I think this was posted somewhere in the Shazam forum.

By the time GL was given freedom to do whatever he wanted, he could've easily back-dashed/forward dashed away or even rolled from this setup after the knock down, making Lobo whiff his throw right in front of GL. Which of course, would lead to vortex city for him.

This just seems like a worse version of BGMD 's tech involving Back 3, empty jump, Czar Toss

as for if anyone knew about this, this is the first I've seen of it, but it looks way too gimmicky to even give it attention.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
By the time GL was given freedom to do whatever he wanted, he could've easily back-dashed/forward dashed away or even rolled from this setup after the knock down, making Lobo whiff his throw right in front of GL. Which of course, would lead to vortex city for him.

This just seems like a worse version of BGMD 's tech involving Back 3, empty jump, Czar Toss

as for if anyone knew about this, this is the first I've seen of it, but it looks way too gimmicky to even give it attention.
I don't understand your reasoning, if anything this seems better than the set-up in the video you've posted. BTW that's the video I was looking for thanks. But here's the key difference between the two. They can both be avoided in the same fashion, however my set-up flips the opponents stance. I've tested this against GL as he's the character I tend to face most both on and offline. As I've said before his lantern's might has never caught me on wake-up. Try the other version of this set-up and I guarantee you'll always be caught. While I agree this is somewhat gimmicky, I don't believe it should be ignored. You as an experienced player can't honestly tell me you'd give up that much damage if you knew your opponent wasn't expecting this set-up. I think it's a better and slightly safer version of BMGD's set-up IMHO...

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I don't understand your reasoning, if anything this seems better than the set-up in the video you've posted. BTW that's the video I was looking for thanks. But here's the key difference between the two. They can both be avoided in the same fashion, however my set-ups flips the opponents stance. I've tested this against GL as he's the character I tend to face both on and offline. As I've said before his lantern's might has never caught me on wake-up. Try the other version of this set-up and I gurantte you'll always be caught. While I agree this is somewhat gimmicky I don't believe it should be ignored. You as an experienced player can't honestly tell me you'd give up that much damage if you knew your opponent wasn't expecting this set-up. I think it's a better and slightly safer version of BMGD's set-up IMHO...
Exactly. Every little bit helps, I say.

I don't understand your reasoning, if anything this seems better than the set-up in the video you've posted. BTW that's the video I wa looking for. But here's the key difference between the two. They can both be avoiding in the same fashion, however my set-ups flips the opponents stance. I've tested this against GL as he's the character I tend to face both on and offline. As I've said before his lantern's might has never caught me on wake-up. Try the other version of this set-up and I gurantte you'll always be caught. While I agree this is somewhat gimmicky I don't believe it should be ignored. You as an experienced player can't honestly tell me you'd give up that much damage if you knew your opponent wasn't expecting this set-up. I think it's a better and slightly safer version of BMGD's set-up IMHO...

But with his setup, if you attempt to roll, you roll INTO Lobo and get meaty tossed. You don't roll, you get tossed. You attempt to wake-up, but it reverses your inputs and makes the reversal timing a little harder. Hell, I think if you back-dash that setup, it'll be the same as rolling into him. Pretty much every option is covered by that. AND, his setup does around 39% + 39%. That's around 80% for 2 bars, no trait. 42% + 39% with trait.

If I were to use your setup, I could roll + reversal, back-dash (by inputting it as a forward dash) and use one of the more obviously good reversals (Elec Cage as an example). This is also blockable, whereas BGMD's setup is a meaty czar toss setup. Yes, it leads to more damage, but it's easier to escape it when compared to BGMD's setup. If I really absolutely needed to get a reset going, I would go for his and not this one, since this one has a higher chance of my opponent for escape from it.

BGMD

Noob
Cage is right tho about that you're leaving to big window for opponent with dashing and jumping over, in this situation I wouldn't go for straight for toss, but rather for crossup into blockstring

empty jump I use is from b2u1 113 (unlike 3 in video, alters gravity a bit so you don't have to delay jump that much) MB toss b3, and this makes the setup for next toss much tighter... from there when opponent is familiar with this you can bait for wakeups, backdashes or go for mixups and so on...

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I've spent thirty minutes testing my setup against other characters. I'll post my findings but let me ask you this. Have you guys even tried my setup or are you just forming opinions based on the video?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Firstly allow me to clarify, when I say "stance" I am referring to the direction the opponent is facing. My reset set-up reverses the direction of your opponent making all wake-up specials go in the opposite direction AWAY from Lobo.

Secondly, allow me to apologize for the execution in my video, the czar toss can come out much quicker. I only wanted to illustrate how the reset is performed and an example of how to follow up after the second czar toss. The reset allows a slightly bigger window of opportunity for your opponent to escape, however neither reset is better I've tested both and they are each situational in their own respects.

That being said here are the findings on characters that I have tested my reset on so far...

Nightwing/Flip Kick-The reset works on Nightwing if he choses to perform his flip kick on wake-up, The czar toss will catch him just as he hits the ground.

Black Adam/Lightning Cage-I tested both resets against Black Adam and both will not work if he choses to perform Lightning Cage on his wake-up.

Raven/Soul Crush-With raven her soul crush whiffs and you are able to perform the reset on her.

Green Lantern/Lanterns Might-Similar to Raven's Soul Crush, GL's Lanterns Might will whiff allowing you to perform the reset if this move is performed on wake-up.

Superman/Rising Grab-Against supes, the 2nd grab will whiff. However you recover from the toss before he lands so you can punish with a hook charge for a set-up. Against low scoop, lasers, or breath, the reset can be performed.

Ares/Warp Transmission(Behind)-Against Ares, the grab does not come out. He teleports behind you but immediately gets hit with a B2 because your inputs get reversed.

Lex Luthor/Corp Charge-Lex's charge takes him out of range of the toss, but you are safe on his wake-up should he chose to use this move.

This is all I have tested so far but I will continue to test against other specials and options on wake-up and post my results.

BGMD

Noob
I'll post my findings but let me ask you this. Have you guys even tried my setup or are you just forming opinions based on the video?
I've tested it. Specifically based on the video GL can:

- roll out
- safely back dash it
- catch you with delayed Lantern's Might
- catch you with b1 before you even land
- jump out

if you go for j2 cross up he can:

- backdash it
- roll and block it
- catch you with well timed Lantern's Might

so there is no reason for anyone to sit in place and wait for you to do anything when back dash is universal solution, and even if they do it's too much risk involved

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
It's a bit too slow, and can be tech rolled. Instead of landing and Czar Tossing, when you jump over them after the dash under, use a ji2 to cross them up during the jump and go into your combo of choice. Came up with something similar with Joker, who has similar cross up capabilities. Can still be tech rolled, but if gives you more options at least. Also, when you start with a Czar Toss and lead into the b3, jiX, 21 charge, used ji3 instead of ji2 for a little extra damage; it works well in that case because they haven't been juggled as much as a from a full combo. You might already know that, just throwing it out there though.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
good stuff! i always like people who dig more stuff from low tier chars :), it shows that those people (like you guys) really love their chars. nrs probaly will buff Lobo more, so can't wait to see Lobo in tournaments with these stuffs (if he's tournament viable :p).

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yea, I originally ran with Nightwing. I messed around with Lobo for a friend, gathering research because he didn't have the game yet. The more I messed around, the more I liked him. Meanwhile, the guy I was helping decided against him because he "has trouble closing the gap". Granted, this is true, but not to the extent people say. Lobo has plenty of unique ways to get in: he just doesn't have one universal way to do so. Every day, that gap is getting easier and easier to close, though.. I soon realized I was playing Lobo way more than Nightwing and just dropped the Dick entirely. Win or lose, I'm backing up the Main Man.