What's new

Superjohn (Assassin Kitana) Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #5

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What a week we had this week! Our first noticeable change this week is a lack of Bigfool, so don't worry guys you don't have to sit through any Kobu Jutsu Tanya this week ;) Suleymon was missing once again as was ricey and Zero this week unfortunately but we had rareqq returning with his War God and Sun God Kotal!

It's mediocre image and video editing time!

Of course our man of the night has to go to Superjohn! He came bursting through the bracket an absolute belter this week (after getting 5th last week no less!) and demolished everyone in his path, not only winning 3-0 in winners finals and winning his first GKW so far but also being the first person in the 5 weeks we've been running to win it in Grand Finals without the opponent resetting the bracket! It was a great grand finals though and Nausea didn't make it so easy. Just as Superjohn was about to clutch out the win having Nausea down 0-2 and down a round in the third game with only a miniscule amount of health left...well, check out the archive below and watch what happens for yourself!

Here's the top 3 for this week:
1st. Superjohn (Assassin Kitana)
2nd. Nausea (Impostor Shinnok / Master of Souls Ermac / Dragon Fangs Goro)
3rd. Youphemism (KNIFEBOYZCybernetic Kano)

From left to right: Nausea, Superjohn, Youphemism

Commiserations to
Azarath (Venomous D'Vorah)
rareqq (War God / Sun God Kotal Kahn)
Liam (Inferno Scorpion)
Scott the Scot (Hollywood Cassie)

For the full bracket click here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow5

This week was brimming with the usual hype, Superjohn was super set on winning this week. From the second he got in the door he was bouncing in readiness, he was ready to hand some people their asses. Even throughout the other matches between everyone else there were comebacks flying around and just like every week we're all finding it harder to contain our hype in the audience! Give the archive below a watch and check out the usual exciting brawls we have at Glasgow Kombat:

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can because it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here:http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central then get another to High Street, MaxXP is just round the corner! Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

I had no idea Kitana's J2 had so much range and priority, I'll know better next time. I got destroyed in Winners Finals partly thanks to that haha. He made me regret that teabag :oops: I also need to remind myself of optimal bnbs, my Cyber's rusty! All the more reason to be playing nothing but it for the next few weeks before Rival Scenes :D
But I'm sad because Nausea might not be able to come with us to Rival Scenes :( here's hoping!

Also a H U G E shoutout to Brook for their XB1 to PS4 converter, you've pretty much saved my tournament life! It's been working perfectly so far and it's just what I've been needing :cool:

@SuperJohn
@Nausea
@Scott The Scot
@Azxrath.
@Rearawt
@BigFool
@VSTheJanitor
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@Tim Static
@Hollywood DMS
@JTB123
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard

Attachments

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
THERE IS A NEW KING!! Hahahahaha I died! Again, top thread man! Games were hype! I really thought I could take Supernoob with DF Goro! :p I have learned my lesson! :p

GG's to all yet again and I'm trying my hardest to be available for Rival Scenes! See you all Tuesday!

P.S. Massive congrats to one of my best buddies on his first tournament win! Proud a yi! ;) @SuperJohn

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Congrats to SuperJohn, but Assassin? What am I missing? How is Assassin good enough to win?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I ask him this almost daily. His response is simply "I like to sharpen." Simple man. SImple plan!
I watched, so I get it - but his variation choice is truly unique among successful players.

Azxrath.

Noob
sometimes the elgato shuts down and needs to be restarted so i assume the video file gets lost, happened to a few of my games before