What's new

Tech sub zero's 45&44% corner combo

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
whats up guys,

I knew this combo for a very long time , but first i did not want 2 share it
because here in holland i play at local tournaments
and there are sum sub zero players here that also participate in the same tournaments
but now that i have used it on them i just thought like fuck it and share..

this combo you can use in the corner or near a corner..
what you do is a jip 214 EX ice-beam and b(1)2 224 slide .. 45% damage
or if you start it with a jip 224 EX ice-beam and b(1)2 214 slide its 44% damage
you can also do 4 instead of the b 1,2 if your 2 close 2 the opponent in the corner and you have no time 2 backdash

the damage is bigger cuz the EX icebeam has a damage boost..
the EX ice-beam gives a damage boost ONLY when you catch opponents in the air with it..
so if you are close or not far from the corner and you do a 214 or 224 and blast out the ex icebeam,
you will catch them air borne and now it grants you the damage boost..

i use it to close a match or just when i need 2 get the damage..
and its 10 hits.. 2 hits less then the bnb with the 2 njp in the corner..
so thats more damage with less hits ( that equals less meter for the opponent )
i also like 2 use it cus its not hard to get meter in the corner with sub
so that one bar that you use, is not a loss..

im now at school so i wil make a video of it later 2 day..

loogie

Noob
known ... Qwark28 brought this info in a thread somewhere.

unless its for some crazy comeback or to win a round, i wouldn't be wasting a bar for 3%-4% more damage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
why would you purposely not share information (known or not) just so that some players wouldn't do you 2-3% more damage?

this reminds me of 2011 tournaments.

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
known ... Qwark28 brought this info in a thread somewhere.

unless its for some crazy comeback or to win a round, i wouldn't be wasting a bar for 3%-4% more damage.
thats what i said.. i only use it 2 close a match or if i need the damage..
one bar is not waisting if you have the opponent in the corner its easy 2 chips and get meter with sub in corner

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
thats what i said.. i only use it 2 close a match or if i need the damage..
one bar is not waisting if you have the opponent in the corner its easy 2 chips and get meter with sub in corner
Not if they get out,you shouldn't be doing too much chip compared to regular damage.

IMO a bar isn't worth 3-4% more damage when i can prevent over 40% with 2

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is pretty well known. I wouldnt waste a bar of meter for an extra 3%.
I was gonna say... you can get 41% with no bars.

JIP 214 freeze 4 224 slide

Still, always good to have people try to share something new. Maybe next time. haha

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
This is pretty well known. I wouldnt waste a bar of meter for an extra 3%.
Exactly my thoughts. The only reason you don't see many Sub-Zero players using it is because most don't think that it's worth it.

Seapeople

This one's for you
This combo is absolutely worth the meter as a midscreen to wall combo. Compare the 44% to your next best option...
jip 22 freeze, jip b121, (214) = 34%

But it is extremely well known and several threads have been made about it. It's important to be aware of when you're at the right spacing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This combo is absolutely worth the meter as a midscreen to wall combo. Compare the 44% to your next best option...
jip 22 freeze, jip b121, (214) = 34%

But it is extremely well known and several threads have been made about it. It's important to be aware of when you're at the right spacing.
a throw nets you 12% which makes the other come to what.... roughly 40%? yeah.

Seapeople

This one's for you
a throw nets you 12% which makes the other come to what.... roughly 40%? yeah.
Okay, you could say the same thing for his meterless wall combo. Why use 224 freeze instead of 22 freeze? Both combos would do 41% including the throw attempt. Sometimes you just need to take the guaranteed damage, making 224 freeze more practical.

Also you can't get a throw attempt with any combo using 21. So compare the damage for these meterless and 1 bar midscreen-to-wall combos...
jip 212 freeze, (b1)2, 224~slide = 36%
jip 214 ex freeze, (b1)2, 224~slide = 45%

^9% is definitely worth a bar imo. Ex freeze combos aren't very important, but they can save you the round if you use it at the right time & place.