What's new

General/Other Sub-Zero or Ermac

I'm currently playing with Sub-Zero, Smoke and Kung Lao.
Online i've been SERIOUSLY wrecked by Ermac's.
Ermac has high damaging combo's and good zoning.
so i'm now thinking about dropping Sub-Zero for Ermac.

Ermac
1) High damaging combo's.
2)Teleport.
3)Zoning.
4)easily to combo into Xray
5)Can punish wel..

Sub-Zero

1)Easily combo's, not amazing high damaging.
2) Ice clone against rushers.
3) Good zoning.
4) Slide.

What do you guys think i should do, and why?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I'm currently playing with Sub-Zero, Smoke and Kung Lao.
Online i've been SERIOUSLY wrecked by Ermac's.
Ermac has high damaging combo's and good zoning.
so i'm now thinking about dropping Sub-Zero for Ermac.

Ermac
1) High damaging combo's.
2)Teleport.
3)Zoning.
4)easily to combo into Xray
5)Can punish wel..

Sub-Zero

1)Easily combo's, not amazing high damaging.
2) Ice clone against rushers.
3) Good zoning.
4) Slide.

What do you guys think i should do, and why?
Sub-Zero.

Don't feel bad because you get beat by Ermac as him. Ermac is favoured in that matchup. And Ermacs teleport, aint worth that much. Its ok for escaping pressure and using in combos. But aside from that, it is pretty slow and can be blocked for a free combo. Even enhanced version gets punished. Ermac also has a really hard time with rushdown and pressure. If you hate Johnny Cage getting all in your face and Liu kang constantly on you then I would go Sub-Zero. Ermac, once down cannot wake up with anything other than block unless he wants to eat lots of damage. Sub-Zero also can easily combo into x-ray. 2,1,4, charge x-ray for split second and BAM. 48%. Ermacs zoning is good. But only from midscreen where his telepush works. Outside that a kano can outzone you.

I bet the people on the ermac board will give the other answer but try to look at this from your eyes. If you prefer to punish rather than pursue then maybe Ermac is for you.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Yes overall sub-zero is the more balanced character. However Ermac is really the only character in the game you can not play footies against. His tele-push can present alot of problems for alot of people, but once you learn to dash block and understand Ermac you will find he is not as good as sub-zero overall. Ermac is definitly more beginner friendly.

I know, but think about it, i also use Kung Lao/Smoke so if a kano or something ill use one of those 2.
could you please think about that and than reply again please
it would be really helpfull.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Kano is really bad against Sub-Zero. You just have to dash block to avoid knives and after you get to around mid screen you can hide behind a clone and slide under his knives. I am telling you, ice clone is godly as a punisher for his up-ball. The most important thing is to dash block though.

Sub can no longer be said to have low combo-dmg, thanks to the EX Ground Freeze reset. 57% for one bar of meter is very good.

Why not play both Sub and Ermac? They each have some match-up issues, so you can just switch between the two depending on the match-up. And seen as you use Kung Lao as well, you can just switch to him for any match-ups the other two don't cover.

Do realize that that ermac or sub is gonna be my zone character that they cant do nothing.
and if i use ermac i can get outzoned by kabals gas/buzzsaw liu Kangs fireballs, Kano's knives etc etc.