What's new

Breakthrough - Stunt Double Stunt Double whiff problem (FIXED :D)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
FINAL UPDATE: 113 MRS is now fixed. They basically made the first clone the same speed as the 2nd clone that's why F24 MSK whiffs, but I will take 113 not whiffing 100 times over F24 not whiffing :D

Thank you Lord Paulo

UPDATE 2: 113 MRS is still not fixed.
I don't know why! I posted this complete break down in the faults with it before the last patch, I was convinced it was going to get fixed.
But no it didn't.

More than likely it's too late but here is hoping something can be done before it's too late :(
This is not just some little stance issue if you watch the video you see it's more complex than that, and out of all the stance switch issues in the game this has to be the worst. I punish somebody with 113 mimic rising shadow and that should be the game winning combo, but it whiffs and they make the comeback GGs
It's 40% 1 and 1 Shadow so it's not just some little "I have to do a hit or 2 less because of stance"
It's the whole combo.

UPDATE: 114, B34 and 21 have all being fixed since video, but the main problem still exist to 113 MRS and for what Mike Recently found it happens on 333 too.
This is the major issue holding SD back

I also like to add another whiffing issue of the last hit of 212 whiffing and being to be fully combo punished due to it

I don't think the cloned shadow kick is a big issue, but the rising shadow definitely is.

Sorry about the quality as Its late and I was using share factory so I had the record it in bite sizes rather than one smooth take.

Im too tired to tag in SD players I'll do it in the morning.

@colt

Thanks for watching :D

Last edited:
I main Johnny - SD as well and I think it's dumb how this happens. But I did a little testing myself when I was checking this variation out back in May and do you know why the 2nd one hit and the first one doesn't hit or vice versa in different strings? Because the 1st clone that ALWAYS gets sent out first is the one in the back, which is actually the furthest clone from the enemy, it may be a few pixels back but it's still too far to land in certain strings. The real Johnny will never whiff 113~db1 because he's the real Johnny who is always closest to his opponent

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
So stance-specific combos are being called "bugs" now? We have been dealing with this since MK9, and I believe Injustice had this kind of thing as well (not really sure on this one).

IrishMantis

So stance-specific combos are being called "bugs" now? We have been dealing with this since MK9, and I believe Injustice had this kind of thing as well (not really sure on this one).
The bug was on the first shadow whiffing on the 2bd one not
and the way it only works on some chars crouching nothing got to do with stances for that part

I just started with the stance specifics

Don't know if Bugs the correct term either

Changed the title

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Okay seem as the patch is being showing on Monday I feel I'm too late with this, but I'll post it anyway as there is always a chance it can get fixed.
Even if it never gets fixed atleast it could help SD players understand why it happens.

I don't think the cloned shadow kick is a big issue, but the rising shadow definitely is.

Sorry about the quality as Its late and I was using share factory so I had the record it in bite sizes rather than one smooth take.

Im too tired to tag in SD players I'll do it in the morning.

@colt

Thanks for watching :D
Great video man, I hope that NRS already knew about this and we'll have it fixed in the Monday patch.
It must be extremely frustrating to deal with this crap in every game, on top of the general whiffing issues....

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nice breakdown luke

like i was saying to ya my guess as to why this happens because of the way the 2 shadows overlap eachother when sitting on cages body so there coming out at different angles(for lake iof a better word), thats why 2nd up 1 always htits and 1st shadow kick always whiffs in corners

IrishMantis

nice breakdown luke

like i was saying to ya my guess as to why this happens because of the way the 2 shadows overlap eachother when sitting on cages body so there coming out at different angles(for lake iof a better word), thats why 2nd up 1 always htits and 1st shadow kick always whiffs in corners
Yeah that makes sense and what the dude above said too

But if that's the case in the corner why does the first shadow kick hit and the 2nd one whiffs?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah that makes sense and what the dude above said too

But if that's the case in the corner why does the first shadow kick hit and the 2nd one whiffs?
different moves, different hitboxes?
its opposite to what happens with up shadow midscreen but it still as consistent as to make me think both things are caused from same thing, which i think is the shadow 1 and shadow 2 leaving cages body from slighly different start points

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Johnnys Clones not working properly? his Mids still wiffing on crouch blocking opponents better buff Kung Lao's Buzz Saw variation.

It wouldn't surprise me if NRS just left johnny the way he is.
I am starting to think that he is going to be nerfed.
All the other characters who needed support from NRS already have some buff announced...and we know that NRS doesn't know much about Cage after the fisticuff nerf.

Prepare yourself friends :/

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I am starting to think that he is going to be nerfed.
All the other characters who needed support from NRS already have some buff announced...and we knows that NRS doesn't know much about Cage after the fisticuff nerf.

Prepare yourself friends :/
If he gets nerfed ill flip shit hes too fun bro :'(