What's new

STAR LAB #156 BS!!!

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Before the first patch during Star Lab #156 Doomsday Vs Lex; Lex would start the timer and armor up, if you did not knock off the armor before the meter filled up you would get hit by a laser. Lex would stand still the whole time.

After the first patch now Lex stops the timer pretty much every time you finish your first string when he is armored up and he can now fight you. The Timer no longer matters, he is fighting you with full armor, and he can hit you out of EVERY string since the armor lasts the entire time!

Not only is this nearly impossible to defeat, but he can use interactables without any consequences and you're unable to see your health bar.

This has to be some kind of glitch right?! It's such bs. The first time it made sense, wipe out the armor before the laser meter fills up, now it's fight Lex with super armor and there really is no threat of a laser.

You can't even see if you can use your trait or not...

BTW Don't even super because it will only do 10% damage...just saying.

I just want my damn Kryptonite suit that I unlocked on ps3...

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
That happened to me before the patch. It's actually easier to beat it that way
Explain your tactics...

How is it easier than he can fight you with full armor and poke you out of every string?! He gets every interactable no matter what.

Explain your tactics...
Wait are you saying that his armor lasts the entire time? Like if you hit him the bar on the right won't get depleted?

Not really used a tactic, just beat Lex I guess. Most of the time , as you said after a couple of hits his timer would stop and he would start hitting me. I mostly spammed MB Air stomp and threw the drones at him.

Funny thing is that sometimes when Lex depleted my 1st health bar, he would start his timer and insta ko me before the 2nd round started

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Wait are you saying that his armor lasts the entire time? Like if you hit him the bar on the right won't get depleted?

Not really used a tactic, just beat Lex I guess. Most of the time , as you said after a couple of hits his timer would stop and he would start hitting me. I mostly spammed MB Air stomp and threw the drones at him.

Funny thing is that sometimes when Lex depleted my 1st health bar, he would start his timer and insta ko me before the 2nd round started
The armor bar depletes, but the timer stops which allows him to fight with invincible armor until you deplete the meter. This means he wins every air to air trade, he can win every interactable, and he can poke you out of every single string for a punish.

The whole point of this mission is to not get hit by the laser which takes away a full health bar, but now the mission is more about fighting armored lex.

"BREAK THROUGH LEX'S SHIELD TO STOP HIM FROM UNLEASHING A DEVASTATING ATTACK."

There is no stopping him because he will NEVER do it...

The armor bar depletes, but the timer stops which allows him to fight with invincible armor until you deplete the meter. This means he wins every air to air trade, he can win every interactable, and he can poke you out of every single string for a punish.
Oh, fine then, that's exactly what happened in my game too. As I said I didn't spend much time close to him, I mostly used MB Dash to get in and air stomp, combined with a few basic strings. And don't bother spending too much time close to him, he will punish the hell out of you, just use 123 as a starter and then connect a mb dash or mb air stomp. Also try to get rid of every stage interactable as long as the match starts you don't want him using them on you

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Oh, fine then, that's exactly what happened in my game too. As I said I didn't spend much time close to him, I mostly used MB Dash to get in and air stomp, combined with a few basic strings. And don't bother spending too much time close to him, he will punish the hell out of you, just use 123 as a starter and then connect a mb dash or mb air stomp. Also try to get rid of every stage interactable as long as the match starts you don't want him using them on you
This is the stage that the interactables keep coming back.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This happened before the patch. I raged so hard. Get ready because there is ANOTHER one with another character down the line where the same shit happens.

TheRFG

Noob
I had this same issue problem with this lab. Just do b3 or f3, it seems the more hits lex takes the more likely he is to block it, an then you have to deal with taking away a huge shield. you'll notice that if you get lex in a combo, his health stops moving at certain points, when he gets up he is going to charge the laser. Just get to this point, and then be sure to be next to him for the F/B3's. If he blocks the moves then focus on taking down the shields, b3 and d3 work pretty well, but the best is the environmental stuff. back away until you're able to hit him with an environmental, then put the pressure on, be sure to burn meter for the 3 stars. Rinse and repeat. Notice that transitions don't damage him as well. This lab is just as annoying with hawkgirl (140). Except you don't get to burn meter with her for the 3 stars.