What's new

General/Other special move amount

do you think that sub zeros limited special moves give him a disadvantage against characters like kung lao who has many? it seems like its harder to predict what theyre going to do, also it allows them to use less combos and straight up special move ur ass with ranged attacks and such. any input appreciated, thanks

Hudathan

Noob
It's more about the meter. His inability to spam any specials really makes a difference when you realize how offensive he has to play without a breaker for back up.

Hudathan

Noob
u mean sub or kung lao?
I meant Sub's inability to spam his specials in the neutral game. Ice blast doesn't trade very well with many projectiles, clone is good but can't be spammed, and slide is unsafe for normal use. He's not meant to hide behind spammed specials and his meter really suffers as the most direct result. He makes up for it with versatility and a strong offense.

I meant Sub's inability to spam his specials in the neutral game. Ice blast doesn't trade very well with many projectiles, clone is good but can't be spammed, and slide is unsafe for normal use. He's not meant to hide behind spammed specials and his meter really suffers as the most direct result. He makes up for it with versatility and a strong offense.
ahhh okay, thanks bro

Dark_Rob

Noob
do you think that sub zeros limited special moves give him a disadvantage against characters like kung lao who has many? it seems like its harder to predict what theyre going to do, also it allows them to use less combos and straight up special move ur ass with ranged attacks and such. any input appreciated, thanks
Subzero is perfect the way he is. He is one of, if not THE most top characters in the game. But hes not an easy character to play well. His strategies revolve around setups with his ice clone baits, coupled with his offensive game centered around his 2,2 mixups. There isnt really anymore special moves you can give him without making him horribly broken.
Remember the demo? He still had the same moveset but the clone wouldnt break when you hit him. That alone made him super broken.

Subzero is perfect the way he is. He is one of, if not THE most top characters in the game. But hes not an easy character to play well. His strategies revolve around setups with his ice clone baits, coupled with his offensive game centered around his 2,2 mixups. There isnt really anymore special moves you can give him without making him horribly broken.
Remember the demo? He still had the same moveset but the clone wouldnt break when you hit him. That alone made him super broken.
yeah i see what you're saying. i mean, i def think subby is good the way he is i was just curious about what you guys thought about this

Ice

Noob
WTF do you mean? Ice clone is probably the best special in the game. Give me one other special that controls spacing as well as ice clones. And your gonna complain you can't spam them? If your ice ball hits another person you get a 25% combo. If their projectile hits you, 8% of your health is gone. Who wins?

WTF do you mean? Ice clone is probably the best special in the game. Give me one other special that controls spacing as well as ice clones. And your gonna complain you can't spam them? If your ice ball hits another person you get a 25% combo. If their projectile hits you, 8% of your health is gone. Who wins?
i wasnt complaining... lol