What's new

Question - Gunslinger SOS2 vs DB4

Hey, everyone! So I've been looking around for Gunslinger stuff because Clint Eastwood is pretty good now and part of what I saw was at Canada Cup with CR Gunshow. As far as I remember, when in the corner, he'd juggle with SOS2 and not DB4. Now, to my knowledge, SOS2 scales really hard, especially after repeated usage, and DB4 doesn't scale as much while still providing solid damage and juggle potential. Wouldn't it be better to start off a combo with DB4 and juggle with that once or twice before switching over to SOS2 (I think you eventually have to switch over because gravity gets worse after two DB4s)?

Midscreen is obvious why SOS2 over DB4, much easier to confirm SOS2.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I could be wrong but I think SOS2 recovers faster? I remember looking at this a few weeks back and seeing something along these lines.

Noob
Yeah, SOS2 recovers faster than DB4 I believe though you will still get a lot more damage out of using DB4 than SOS2 anyway.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
SOS2 does not scale hard and has much better vertical range than db4.
Imo, db4 is slightly more inconsistent to use in combos, midscreen and otherwise.
And all for what, an extra 2-3%?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
In the corner, SOS2 does 30+% meterless and 40+% for 1 bar.
That... is perfectly fine with me.

You can choose a 19f move over a 14f move if you want, all for mere pennies in additional damage.
Don't let me stop you.

Noob
uh....DB4 does 42+% meterless and 45%+ for 1 bar in the corner with B33 starter

With the most common setups (21122 and F13) you still get 39+ and 43+

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
It sucks because DB4 used as an opener nets better damage but is more inconsistent. You don't get b33 xx db4 unless you're direcrtly in front of them and have to do F1 xx DB4. It's usually safer to do then going into SoST and always better in a juggle.

TKB

Noob
Db4 is less consistent (depending on your opener and whether it's a male or female) also SOS2 is WAY more swaggy.