What's new

Sony's Taking Requests for PS2 Games on the PS4 Using #PS2PS4 on Twitter

Tim Static

Adminerator
A while ago, Sony began selling emulated PS2 games on the PS4. We’ve already had some great games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Dark Cloud, but with a huge library of PS2 games out there ripe for the picking, figuring out which ones go up for sale is a tricky endeavour.

Using the hashtag #PS2PS4, Sony's Dave Thach will be tracking what the most popular suggestions are to figure out what games should be brought to the PS4 next.

#ps2ps4_tweet.png

There currently doesn’t seem to be an overall “winner” of the tag, with people requesting all kinds of games like Tekken, SOCOM, Fatal Frame, TimeSplitters, Simpsons Hit and Run, God Hand, Persona 3, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, and so many more.

My personal request is for Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, tho a total HD remake AND a total new game made in the same style w/ today's tech is more of what I really want. Im sure many of you guys would want the 3 other MK games that appeared on PS2 as well: Deadly Alliance, Deception & Armageddon as well, tho me personally would only want them to play some of the side games on those more so than the main fighting game. But that's my opinion of course. I'd also like to see some other games, so do feel free to discuss non MK games in this thread as well, just try to keep it focused on the MK games. So what about you?

(article written Joe Parlock; 2nd part "personal request" edited by Tim Static; taken from http://www.destructoid.com/sony-s-taking-requests-for-ps2-games-on-the-ps4-using-ps2ps4-327200.phtml )

Attachments

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Pretty cool. I know the PS2 era of MK gets a lot of heat, but MK: Deadly Alliance is one of my favorites. To this day very few things in gaming were as shocking as seeing Liu Kang get his neck broken watching the intro. I was in disbelief at the time and thought it was a trick. Still a vivid memory lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Pretty cool. I know the PS2 era of MK gets a lot of heat, but MK: Deadly Alliance is one of my favorites. To this day very few things in gaming were as shocking as seeing Liu Kang get his neck broken watching the intro. I was in disbelief at the time and thought it was a trick. Still a vivid memory lol.
Agreed, it was shocking, and amazing. And the whole story & konquest mode of Deception was fucking amazing.

But the actual games? vomit. :coffee:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Man, playing Shaolin Monks in HD would be a dream come true. Seriously, why doesn't NRS just release it already? Why release Leatherface when you can easily get 20,30$ for an upscaled re-realese of an 10 year-old game?

TamedLizard

Buff George
1. Shaolin Monks - this game never got old for me. Every time I turned it on, I had a blast. Also based on MK2's timeline so, classic cast. Oh and MKSM Reptile ftw.

2. Deception - arguably the peak of MK's storytelling. Balanced with some not so appealing newcomers, but all around it is still one of my favorites.

3. Deadly Alliance - once again, an installment in which the lore shined. Introduction of Bo' Rai Cho!

4. Armageddon can go straight to hell.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Man, playing Shaolin Monks in HD would be a dream come true. Seriously, why doesn't NRS just release it already?
Not just re-released, but co-op online needs to be added too.

I used to "joke" about this in the past, but the next Monks style game should be based on the events of UMK3 in Earthrealm and follow Stryker & Nightwolf as they deal w/ invasion & meeting up w/ the other characters to kombat Shao Kahn, Motaro etc etc. Straight troll game too featuring those two as well lmao

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Not just re-released, but co-op online needs to be added too.

I used to "joke" about this in the past, but the next Monks style game should be based on the events of UMK3 in Earthrealm and follow Stryker & Nightwolf as they deal w/ invasion & meeting up w/ the other characters to kombat Shao Kahn, Motaro etc etc. Straight troll game too featuring those two as well lmao
Well TBH, NRS could make it work, just needs clever writing thats all, seeing that both of them don't really have anything in common (other then that they have the same goal ) would have made for an interesting plot.But yeah, it would be a troll, people would be pissed as hell. lol

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I just want Legacy Of KAIN sequels tbh. I have no interest in replaying MKDA-A and my other faves have been HD Remastered already for PS3/PS4.

those that have a good pc, they can emulate any ps2 games they want i dont think this is something to get excited for