What's new

Some more on Kano...

Kano has been my main since the get-go of MK 9 and I really enjoy his style of play. Although I tend to be more of a punisher than an aggressor, I need some advice on cross-ups and pressure.

I know his B1 1 2 is relatively safe on block, and his 2 1 2 is great for juggling, but how does Kano keep pressure upclose? (Fast jabs, low jabs, choke check, F3 B2?) Also, Cross-ups are my weak point...any advice/tips?

Btw, I'm curious to ask fellow Kano players, what's the best way to punish a blocked teleport or Mileena's roll? I find that when I try to initiate a 2 1 2 combo, even when I wait for a second, they seem to fly too high to continue a juggle/up ball.

Thanks for the input!

wolfe

Noob
well i know his f+3 can be nice as its a low juggle starter, tho i always felt slightly harder to time into 2,1,2 then b+1,1,2.

other then that his 1,1 is kinda fast i spose, and you can cut pretty much anythign short into choke turning that string "safe" on block cuz of the pushback.

i kinda like throwing in a jumpin punch followed by a f+3, so long as you dont do it often you tend to catch people with it.

The trick is with characters that have special moves like Mileena's Roll that rolls them into the air on block is to wait until their feet hit the ground there are a couple of windows where you can combo them like they were standing on the ground instead of them being in the air.

Her Teleport Kick on block I usually just Upball online since the lag puts her on the ground blocking or D+4ing before you can react with combo most of the time.