What's new

Tech - Bojutsu Some Bojustu Combos and Tech and My Evaluation of Post Patch Bojutsu.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey all! I haven't made a thread in awhile and I thought I'd go over some combos (considering the Kung Jin threads seem to be lacking in a dedicated combo list) Some cool tech using his buffs and my impressions on where he is right now. So firstly! Let's go over the juicy stuff, here are some combos! Some swaggier than others, all of them pretty good with lower execution than most characters. Here we go!

Midscreen Meterless
B14 xx BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (30%)

F24 xx BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (30%)

111 xx BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (33%)

34 xx BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (32%)

B214 xx BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (33%)

22 xx BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34, xx DB3 (29%)

Divekick, NJP, run, 34 xx DB3 (27%)

NJP, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (32%)

Midscreen 1 Bar
+3 on Block 50/50 Combos
B14 xx EX BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (36%)

F24 xx EX BF4, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (36%)

High Damage Combos
B14 xx EX DB3, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (37%)

F24 xx EX DB3, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (37%)

B214 xx EX DB3, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (40%)

34 xx EX DB3, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (39%)

111 xx EX DB3, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (39%)

221 xx EX DB3, run, 34, Instant Divekick, run, 34 xx DB3 (40%)

Meterless Corner

B214 xx BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (35%)

B14 xx BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (32%)

F24 xx BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (32%)

111 xx BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (35%)

34 xx BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (34%)

One Bar Corner

+3 on Block 50/50 Combos
B14 xx EX BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (38%)

F24 xx EX BF4, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (38%)

High Damage Combos
B214 xx EX DB3, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (41%)

111 xx EX DB3, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (41%)

221 xx EX DB3, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (42%)

34 xx EX DB3, NJP, S4 xx DB1, Instant Divekick, 34 xx DB3 (40%)

So now that the tasty combos are done (the corner stuff is super sick imo, looks swaggy as hell) I can now go over the buffs that Kung Jin got. So, what DID he get? We will talk about the Universal changes and the Bojutsu specifics only.

• Kung Jin - added 8 miss recovery frames to Cartwheel Smash
  • Kung Jin - Towards+BP now has 24 startup frames (up from 19) and is -7 on block (down from -10)

• Kung Jin (Bojutsu) - Bo Flame & Bo Inferno now have 12 startup frames (down from 18) and have reduced recovery
      • Kung Jin (Bojutsu) - Bo Strike, Bo Spin, & Low Bo Spin no longer have armor
      • Kung Jin (Bojutsu) - Bo swat is now -12 on block (down from -20) and does 7 damage (down from 9)
      • Kung Jin (Bojutsu) - Bo Strike is now +3 on block (up from -20)
So what do these changes mean for Bojutsu? Well a slower OH hits his mixup game a little bit (people will still get hit by it tho as long as you condition your opponent enough) and Recovery frames on EX DB4 hits his armor a bit if it whiffs but that's to be expected and we're ok with that. HOWEVER! The Bojutsu changes are basically all good and we'll go over them specifically now.

DB1 Less Recover and Startup

This is one helps a strength that Bojutsu didn't really have a spotlight before this patch. This change makes Bojutsu able to control the air space between him and his opponent. You can pretty much machine gun these so you can throw one or two out at a time and make the opponent terrified of jumping. Also, EX DB1 having these frames changed lets you run behind it as the projectile approaches the opponent. This allows for some interesting setups (will go over momentarily) All in all, this give Kung Jin a strength that he really didn't have before and is welcomed.

EX BF4/ EX DB3/ EX BD3 Lose Armor
This definitely hits Bojutsu more than other characters as this was a big playing point for the variation. He was used to abuse gaps in certain matchups. He also a great counterpoke game with these. Overall, this change hurts but doesn't kill him (Trust me, the character still has strengths for sure)

BF4 Less Negative/Does Less Damage
This one hurts too. Being less negative with the pushback makes it tougher to punish which helps a little but doing 2 less damage slightly reduces his meterless damage (his meterless damage is still pretty decent but it feels less effective now, I'm not sure why this change happened, doesn't really make sense imo but it's whatever.)

EX BF4 Plus On Block
This change excites me. Yes, it's only +3 on block, but this allows the Bojutsu player to choose to spend a bar for a little more damage on his 50/50's and to not only make them safe, but plus as well. This guarantees a poke on block and S2 comes out in 4 frames after this which is pretty nice. This allows you to keep the pressure up after a blocked 50/50 which is a 100% welcomed change for the character.

Changes In Summary
In total, the changes at first seem devastating to the character. He definitely was one of the most armored launcher reliant characters in the game and so I'm sure people's initial reactions to the changes were that the character is basically dead. I can assure you that not only is he not dead, but he might be better than he was before, if not at least as good.

EX DB1 Run Ups
This is one of the changes that is super fun to me. EX DB1 is MUCH slower than normal DB1 and now recovers very quickly, allowing you to be able to travel along side the projectile and do some cheaky things with this.

THE SETUP
Basically, instead of ending meterless midscreen combos with 34 xx DB3, you are going to end them with B214 2+4. This will create a knockdown that is plus enough to guarantee an EX DB1. You will then run up to the opponent and do any of the following options

• Proceed to mix
  • Grab
  • Read a jump and full combo
So here's the thought behind this. Placing the slow ass projectile into play makes people panic. Look at Reptile's slow ball. Panic always ensues because it's another thing you have to pay attention to. This makes the opponent not think all to well and leaves you open to do a lot of things. The mixup option will actually combo into the ball if they don't guess right (BF4 will launch them into the ball and add some damage to the combo, making it feel a lot better to spend the bar.) The grab feels the worst out of the three options as you basically just spent a bar to grab someone, however the LAST thing someone will think to do is tech a throw with this thing on the screen. So keep that option in mind. Lastly, if they jump (whether it be an Neutral Jump, a Jump Forward or a Jump Back) you can decide what to do from there. If they jump forward for some ungodly reason, you can get a decent chunk of damage from that conversion. If they jump back, depending on what point on the screen you're on you could still mix them into the fireball. If they neutral jump, this is basically the same as Jumping Forward but less of a dumb move on the opponent's part. I haven't tested this to its full potential and is still a work in progress but I think it's a decent concept to start with.

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED! BE SURE TO COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! I don't even know who plays Bojutsu, please tag any Bojutsu players that you know so we can get this around.

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
If you think bojutsu combo threads are lacking,then check my threads.
You can post anything you want,but do not pretend there isn"t any.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I didn't notice them, my apologies friend.
Well I was a bit inappropriate tbh.
Anyway it is nice to see someone still cares about h(er)im.
He only had a good armour.Now he has nothing.only a 50% in the corner.RIP.