What's new

Question - Sun God So what mix ups i should use?

xengsu

Nico 91K @ PSN
Hello

Im trying out kotal for a week now, i realy like him .
i started out with war god and have some realy nice results with him , you have so many mix ups you can pressure the opponent realy hard .

But i want to play sun god cause i love the command grab, problem is i dont have enough pressure on the opponent, i dont realy know what mix ups to use, and i dont know what strings are safe to pressure or combo in.
i have read alot of topics but still not sure what to use , thats why i made this topic :)

I hope some of the sungod god's over here can help me !

B114 and b112 is a mix up
But I play alil sg so I can't tell you much but stagger b1 for tick throw down 4 tick stuff like that to bait armor if ur opponent see u doing a lot of tick throws and just block after all the pokes

Isnt 114 super unsafe? the 4 is so slow.
114~air grab is + on block and grants you a B1 followup.

Sun god is not really an overhead/low mixup character. His mixups are mainly done with tick throws and + frames/staggers.

Best ways to open up people while they are blocking is to use B1~command grab, D1~command grab, D4~command grab or 1~command grab. You can also use B112 and B14 as "mixups" but they should not catch good players really often and they are both unsafe unless you end with EX Sunstone (can be interrupted by armor or fast pokes).

114~air grab, B1 staggers to catch them trying to escape B1~command grab, pokes and some B112/B14 should be you main tools. F1 staggers, F12, F1B2 and F2 are all good advancing normals that can catch them backdashing or jumping in neutral as well.

Hope this helps!

xengsu

Nico 91K @ PSN
Alright guys, thanks this info realy helps gonna try it out tonight ! btw when the 114 DOES connect do you have enough time to meter burn the anti air to proceed your combo? seems to be a pretty tight window.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
114 does not have a gap. What the hell are you clowns talking about. And yes it's called hit confirming with 114 ex air grab instead of 114 regular airgrab.
It does depending on the appendage between the other fighter's legs, or did they fix that with the XL patch?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
It does depending on the appendage between the other fighter's legs, or did they fix that with the XL patch?
It used to have a gap on certain crouching hitboxes on the 2nd hit but that was fixed. It was like dvorah, cassie, scorp, mileena. Very few characters could exploit it. It would whiff even if they were crouch blocking even though it was a mid.