What's new

So, what do you think Kiefer Sutherland is actually doing on MK:X?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
As I'm sure we all remember, it wasn't too long ago that Kiefer Sutherland confirmed he was working on something Mortal Kombat related, not necessarily guaranteeing it's MK:X, but it's looking likely.

Question is, what do you think he's being used for? simply voicing a character? MK Armageddon style narrator?

My money is on him being used as the announcer, although I really, really hope they go for a more dark and eerie announcer voice UMK3/Shaolin Monks style announcer as opposed to the gruff demonic one they opted for with the 3D MK's.

What do you guys think?

I reckon he'll play a key character. I don't really see his voice fitting with Raiden or Shinnok, but my bet is that it's one of those two.

Hell, maybe even The Cagemeister. I can actually picture Cage having his voice.

EDIT: Okay, after listening to an interview with him, I can see him playing Raiden or Shinnok. Probably more Raiden seeing as how his tone is pretty serious sounding. Shinnok would require a slightly goofy voice to go with the villain role.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I don't think he is the Announcer. I think he's one of the New characters Boon has mentioned!

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I just hope to God Solid Snake isn't a guest character.

Also I want the Deception announcer back, he was bad to the ass.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I think Shinkydink nailed it. Probably marketing purposes. I'd say my fist assumption was that he would voice Stryker, instantly bumping him to B tier, but there's no telling how much of the cast is coming back. 10 won't be a homage to UMK3 like 9 was, so I expect some new faces.

Cody

Noob
Bold claim :) I respectfully disagree sir. I will agree that Splinter Cell is a very good game but absolutely nothing beats metal gear solid in my eyes.
Might want to go to the eye doctor.

This sounds mean, but I assure you that I'm joking. I mean, I don't like MGS at all, but I'm joking about going to the eye doctor and I respect your opinion, lol.

TKB

Noob
Might want to go to the eye doctor.

This sounds mean, but I assure you that I'm joking. I mean, I don't like MGS at all, but I'm joking about going to the eye doctor and I respect your opinion, lol.
Lol naw it's cool man everyone has their own preferences. I've been a huge fan of MGS for years so it has that nostalgia factor for me for sure. :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Bold claim :) I respectfully disagree sir. I will agree that Splinter Cell is a very good game but absolutely nothing beats metal gear solid in my eyes.
Mgs is a cool game, i like it, i just think that since convictions splinter cell evolved to a superior stealth game, so vicious that you can double the fun with multiplayer and never stop playing

Reactions: TKB

TKB

Noob
Mgs is a cool game, i like it, i just think that since convictions splinter cell evolved to a superior stealth game, so vicious that you can double the fun with multiplayer and never stop playing
To be fair I haven't played any of the most recent splinter cell games, I honestly don't even know if they're still making them or not lol I do remember playing a Splinter Cell multiplayer a long time ago and having a ton of fun. Love sneaking up on opponents :D