What's new

Smithtown, NY Play N Trade SF4/T6/3S/SF2HDR/UMK3 - "Castle Fight Night"

Noob
Yep, ANOTHER UMK3 tournament. This is the continuation of the "Castle Fight Night" tournaments, though a name change is pending for the actual tournament name.

Originally Posted on SRK:

Bisonopolis said:
Hey everyone. I'm back with the first NY tournament of 2010!!! I want this one to be even bigger than the past ones I've run. So I'm going to raise the tournament entry from the usual $5 to $10 to fill out the pot a bit. I'm also mulling around some ideas for side tourneys that I think you guys might find fun.

Date -
January 9th 2010

Time -
Casuals start 2:00
Registration starts at 2:30
Matches start at 3:00-3:30

Venue-
32 East Main Street
Smithtown
New York, 11787
United States of America

PHONE -
631-406-6199

or

1-631-871-3860 (Ask for Brad)

For those of you taking the train from Penn station use the Port Jeff line and get off at the Smithtown station.

------------------------------------------------

The tournaments run will be :

- Street Fighter 4 - Xbox360
- Tekken 6 - PS3
- HDR - Xbox 360
- SF3s - PS2

House Fee : $10
Tournamet Entry : $10

The prize pots will be split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
70%/20%/10%

Also for SF4 if more than 20 people sign up then my boss said he will put an extra $25 into the pot and if 30 people show up he will put another $25 into the pot for a total of $50 extra dollars. From that point on for every 10 more people he will add in another $25 into the pot. So the more people that show up the bigger the pot bonus will be!

--------------------------
SFIV Rules -

- All characters allowed.
- Rounds are best 2/3 rounds and matches are best 2/3.
- Finals will be best 2/3 rounds and 3/5 matches.
- Double Elimination

Tekken 6 -
- All characters allowed
- Rounds best 3/5 matches 2/3
- Finals will be best 4/7 and 3/5 matches
- Double elimination

SF3 Third Strike -

- Gill is banned
- Finals will be best 2/3 rounds and 3/5 matches.
- Double Elimination

HDR Rules-

- Akuma is banned
- Double elimination
- Finals will be best 3/5 rounds and 2/3 matches.

UMK3

Same general rules.

-Double Elim
-All Characters
-2/3 to winners and losers finals
-3/5 winners/losers finals
-4/7 grand finals

--------------------------

Tekken 6 and HDR will be run on the store's LCD TV's, SF4 and SF3 will be run on CRT televisions.

Also if anyone is willing to bring their PS3 to this we would greatly appreciate it! The store only has one PS3 to use so we would need a few more for Tekken 6. Also if anyone is willing to bring anything else to help out from Systems to games to CRT televisions it would be greatly appreciated!

If I forgot to mention anything or you have any questions or concerns just let me know so I can clarify things. Thanks and I hope to see you all there!

Noob
As of now, here are the players I can confirm for UMK3:

1. Shock
2. summoning
3. 9.95
4. Joe iloveu
5. REO/BiohazardR30
6. MKvids/Redsaleen
7. SweetJohnnyCage
8. Bisonopolis
9. Styroteqe

I'm currently waiting to confirm any of these players:

Steve (summoning's friend...and a good Liu player)
Kaldragon
Zach (Made in NY)
Aure
Dark Rob

So, we currently have 8 for sure, with a possibility of 14 if everyone goes. Not to shabby for a local...

styroteqe

Space Jockey
9.95 said:
I'm currently waiting to confirm any of these players:

Steve (summoning's friend...and a good Liu player)
Kaldragon
styroteqe
Zach (Made in NY)
Aure
Dark Rob

So, we currently have 8 for sure, with a possibility of 14 if everyone goes. Not to shabby for a local...
I will be there, with bells on. Hoping to play both UMK3 and HDR.

Noob
Hey everyone... Shock, summoning, and I will be there around 1:30 to begin setting up.... casuals will start around 2 or 3, and the tournament not long thereafter.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Results:

1. Shock
2. Joe iloveu
3. "Summ0ning"
4. 9.95
5. SweetJohnnyCage
5. MKVids
7. Alex Rosario
7. Tazer
9. Henry Vasquez
9. Mike Tyminski
9. Dark Rob
9. Viral
13. Berto
13. Bisonopolis
13. Gerson "ger" Casillas
13. Tom D.
17. Andy Reyfish
17. Big Dick Willy
17. Hatian Sensation
17. Manny G.
17. Matt F.
17. Steve N

22 players I believe entered, several DQs in the losers' bracket so far as I could tell.

At least half of the tournament was filmed. I believe we only recorded matches that had at least one previously known player.

First off, much thanks to the dozen or so new players who all jumped as soon as UMK3 was announced. All these players are highly interested in learning the game and we appreciate that.

Thanks to LI Joe for continuing our ongoing fun-filled NJ vs LI feud.

Thanks to 9.95 for supplying the setup for this event and running the tournament, definitely gave me a break.

Thanks to Steve N for supplying the setup for MKII casuals. I believe the battle number reached about 105 matches.

I had a great time tonight. Very chill scenario for CFN and we had a great time at Applebee's after with UMK3 SF4 and 3rd Strike players.

Thanks again players. Until next time.

Noob
It was a great time last night. I was surprised at the sheer amount we got, and again NOT surprised when a certain number of them left as SF4 wound down. I definitely think there are some people who certainly became interested in learning UMK3 on a different level from getting to see high level play in person and learning a little while there.

It's also worth mentioning that the entire bracket and placing can be seen on a very interesting website, tonamento.com Just look for the Smithtown Play N Trade on 1/9/10 and click on that, then click Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for results.

I actually want to thank damdai (creator of 2df, awesome HDR/ST and SF4 player) for creating it... it's really a very amazing site.. it is not only an online tournament bracket system, but if you give the bracket organizer your phone number, then your phone will be sent a text message to tell you to report to your match for each specific game you're playing when you're supposed to play... very ingenious.

Lastly, I also want to give props to SweetJohnnyCage. John runs the Castle Fight Night tournaments and started as just a 3s player. Since then he's become a huge fan of UMK3, and is very quickly becoming VERY good at the game and has a HSmoke that people really need to watch out for... John is going to be one of the best HSmokes around when he plays more...absolutely no doubt about it.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
was great to see everyone and to play at this , was well organized and a very nice place, 105 matches MK II !

ill see you all in Philly for WB

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Videos are uploaded here: http://ultimatemk.com/dirview.php?current=matchvids/smithtownplaytrade

Some good Sonya in my matches with Joe in the finals, I think I used her 5 times, got some crazy and funny stuff, I get a Venezuela Hatchet also in my match as Nightwolf vs one of the new players, some decent Mileenage as well vs one of the new players, Ermac 100% in one match with Summoning. That's all I can remember for now.

Noob
Not sure if anyone caught it, but it was great to see it in person, but in the match Shock Vs. Tazer, at 30 seconds in, Shock hits Tazer with a NW 4x Axe... beautiful...

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
Not sure if anyone caught it, but it was great to see it in person, but in the match Shock Vs. Tazer, at 30 seconds in, Shock hits Tazer with a NW 4x Axe... beautiful...
wait, wut? Shock used NW? :confused: