What's new

Small usefull tip to beginner Raiden players

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This applies to every Raiden player but I'm sure a lot of you know about this already.

In the corner combo 334 x VB , 334 , 33 x Shock , F23 x Superman you know how sometimes if you do the second 334 early the opponent gets pushed out of the corner? Well if you quickly dash back after the 334 x VB you will still hit the opponent and keep him there.

This helps if you're playing online or simply don't want to learn the timing.

Thank you Bye bye

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Ok is there a trick to landing 334 after shocker in the b312 combo (mid screen)? I honestly do it about 8/10 times but sometimes it seems random! Also i noticed it's tv dependent. Like the timing changes depending on the tv. I HATE THAT.

NKZero

Noob
Ok is there a trick to landing 334 after shocker in the b312 combo (mid screen)? I honestly do it about 8/10 times but sometimes it seems random! Also i noticed it's tv dependent. Like the timing changes depending on the tv. I HATE THAT.
I used to find it hard until this: whenever Raiden has grabbed the opponent with shocker, say "chicken licken" (I'm not kidding...) and as soon as you say the last word, begin with 334 and it hits every time. Once you see the timing you will understand. That helped me to get the timing down correctly. Don't ask why though. I'm weird like that.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I used to find it hard until this: whenever Raiden has grabbed the opponent with shocker, say "chicken licken" (I'm not kidding...) and as soon as you say the last word, begin with 334 and it hits every time. Once you see the timing you will understand. That helped me to get the timing down correctly. Don't ask why though. I'm weird like that.
thanks like i feel like i got it down but then randomly it seems like it will drop. I mean i've been using it for a couple months now and get it like 8.5/10 times no problem but it's like that one time where i really need it i'll drop it lol.

NKZero

Noob
thanks like i feel like i got it down but then randomly it seems like it will drop. I mean i've been using it for a couple months now and get it like 8.5/10 times no problem but it's like that one time where i really need it i'll drop it lol.
i get super excited when i know i have to be really aware of the timing so during moments like you said, i will do it too early, whiff 33 and get punished lol. yeah if you normally have the timing down then i dont need to prescribe you to the chicken licken medicine.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
HAHAHA LMAO CHICKEN LICKEN

NKZero

Noob
HAHAHA LMAO CHICKEN LICKEN
haha literally i was thinking of a way to say something that fits in with the timing. kinda like how with Sub Zero's B2 off a freeze some people like to jump straight up first and it helps their timing with the full charge. so i tried out some words including "johnny bought a car!" but it was too long so i just came up with "chicken licken" and it worked. after much testing i came to the scientifically accurate conclusion that it works! :)

Just do a standing 4 after 334 VB and you won't have to worry about it.
You get more damage this way too. Be warned, however, if you play online the lag might not always allow time for the next 334 to connect from the standing 4 before they hit the ground but it's certainly ideal and very possible on a fight with a good connection.

I gave up and just do b312 shocker b312, its a little less damage but way way more reliable.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
haha literally i was thinking of a way to say something that fits in with the timing. kinda like how with Sub Zero's B2 off a freeze some people like to jump straight up first and it helps their timing with the full charge. so i tried out some words including "johnny bought a car!" but it was too long so i just came up with "chicken licken" and it worked. after much testing i came to the scientifically accurate conclusion that it works! :)
LMAO I tested it today and it works perfectly LMFAO