What's new

Question Skarlet Help!

I'm finally exploring Skarlet after only touching her twice since I purchased her. Here are my questions guys:

-What is her primary play-style?​
-What are her weaknesses?​
-How much does she depend on meter?​
-What are her best footsie tools vs low hurtbox characters?​

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I'm finally exploring Skarlet after only touching her twice since I purchased her. Here are my questions guys:

-I play a zoning skarlet because I can iaD.
But I think she's a rush down character. ( I'm just not good at it )
- her weakness, I think, are characters that can armor out of her pressure for a HIGH reward. And low hit boxes
- meter is essential. But she builds it back in a blink of an eye.
- Best footsie tool for low hit boxes....
Red slide ( hits low, can whiff punish a lot of things and if its block you're only at -3)
Down dagger is good tool. Its leaves them standing and leaves you at advantage so you can go in for pressure.
F3 ( use this sparingly ) its slow but its her longest reaching normal. But because its a knee you have a good chance of hitting someone out of a d4 , but this takes practice.
F43 provides great spacing if blocked.

Note I'm not the best skarlet. But I main the character. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Primary play style- Block String meter building, Mild zoning, heavy emphasis on armor and meter usage.
Weaknesses- very dependent on meter. Some pretty unsafe options as well. Low damaging projectiles.
Meter- Probably third on the list of meter importance of characters. Her best attributes are really only availible with meter. Ex dagger cancels for block strings, and armored dash/ slashes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Primary Skarlet can play Rushdown, but she is a character that adapts quickly for a better play in any Matchup. Because she has a lots of tools, most of us do not consider Skarlet as a rushdown type of character dependent entirely, its more a matter of preference, adaption and how you can grind into her different play styles to win.

- IMO Skarlet weakness is not having a fast and consistent normal that can hit ppl in air, and punish some stuffs on block, things that requires to every Skarlet mainer to actually practice and improves her normals to hit successfully in these situations, she is also a character with a heavy execution barrier, so nothing comes simply or easy as some characters

- Skarlet is dependent of meter, her game becomes a huge threat at the very instant she builds the 1st bar, and strengthen as she gets more, not having meter her offensive game reduces by a ton, but not entirely. And also she builds meter pretty quick, which helps to balance her offense and defense in a instant.

Her best footsie tools are F34 because adds spacing, has a longer reach with a faster startup, since f3 is really good but is 19 frames and the followup its not safe, her slide is also very good to whiff punish almost anything, prevent setups like jax GP, Cyrax bombs, Etc. And her Low daggers that keep ppl in check in case they decide to AA Skarlet or poke out in some situations.

ryublaze

Noob

Laos, lobster and Eddy already summed it up. here are my thoughts:

Her playstyle can vary depending on MU and situation. IMO rushdown is her best. I like to think of her as a Scorpion/Sonya mix.

I would say her weaknesses are having slow normals and lacks mid hitting normals vs. low hitbox characters. Also she's meter dependent so you gotta know how to manage your meter.

Her best options come from using meter for EX Dagger or EX Red Dash. Next best option would be EX Down Slash cuz it's a fast overhead launcher but full combo punishable on block (like Scorpion). Without meter, her rushdown isn't too good cuz there's no fear of EX Dagger blockstring or EX Down Slash, but you still have the option of doing empty Red Dashes to continue blockstrings (similar to Sonya and her ms cancels).

vs. low hitbox characters her best tools are B1,1,F4 string, iaDown dagger, F4,3 string, D4, and red dash red slide.

I reccommend you check out the Ultimate Skarlet Guide that our community put together cuz it has everything u need to know. Match Videos thread is slowly being put together so u can see how she is played.