What's new

Question Silly question? easy answer?

So let's say I successfully block a string of attacks that happen to be safe on block.

What are my options from there? I know this might come down to character specifics but...surely there's only a few good options afterwards yeah? This is one area where I'm pretty lost and it seems to me to be pretty important. But yeah hey I'd appreciate any helpful feedback : D

Pushblock, dash back, armor B3, start a combo with your fastest string, etc.
omg wow didn't even realize you could meter burn a b3/f3 o.0 just thought there was only bounce cancels! thx for the tip. but can I really do a string after they just finished there's? also which string from batgirl's would you use? I mean I can make guesses but I'd rather not (which is why I made this post in the first place : P )

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I don't know Batgirl at all, so I can't help you there. What I will recommend is:
1. Go into Training Mode. Select your character, and the opponent you are having troubles with.
2. Set AI to "Record". Now you control your opponent. Spam that string/combo!
3. Hit "select" to regain control of your original character. Spend the next 10 minutes going through your entire arsenal to see what works and what doesn't.

I don't know Batgirl at all, so I can't help you there. What I will recommend is:
1. Go into Training Mode. Select your character, and the opponent you are having troubles with.
2. Set AI to "Record". Now you control your opponent. Spam that string/combo!
3. Hit "select" to regain control of your original character. Spend the next 10 minutes going through your entire arsenal to see what works and what doesn't.
I definitely have made use of the record feature before (like coming up with a good punish for scorpion's teleports) but in this case I don't think it would help. Let's say BlackAdam does his over head combo that's super safe. Having him spam that isn't realistic -- if I blocked the string he probably wouldn't try the same thing again. I think the point of this is is that I don't know what he would do after -- so I'm just looking for my response to be anything but risky y'know? but yeah besides that those other options were pretty solid that you mentioned earlier. Definitely be making use of that armored b3/f3 ;)