What's new

Move List - Jacqui Briggs Shotgun after 9-1-2015 stealth changes

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i looked around the forums and only found one thread that was up to date!

i never really used jaqui because well, she sucked before this patch, and now im glad to say i see some potential. i don't think she is above mid tier so far, but time will tell

i use Shotgun mostly. idont like Full Auto: i feel her kit in that one is boring. shotgun is more challenging and more rewarding to use IMO.
my issues with Jacqui:

her F12(1) string is an OH but it does not work, you have to hit them with first 2 hits for the 3rd to come out. so my question is, why make it an OH...
NRS should change it to a mid/remove last hit from game/fix it, either or...

my biggest problems with Jacqui SG is:

4u4: just cant input it right, they really need to change that, either the input timing or the Input command to commit it. maybe 44/4d4/4F4/4B4 or make the timing less strict!

D1: great speed at i think 7f, but not bad for it used to being 8, but my beef is with the range! it sucks, most of her moves push them back to far to tap with it.

D3: ok speed but no range as well.

D4: Slow as hell... 13 frames, that needs to be faster imo

F2U2 has a gap depending on what you are doing. i can get taped by D1 out of mid air after i F2U2, DU4(before i have the chance to touch ground and continue combo!)

Jacqui Briggs Shotgun AA's Anti-Crossover Tech
S1,F2U2,DU4,11~DB2(restand) into either JIP2-33~BF4 or RC1212BF4
1212DB2 into JIP2-33~BF4 or RC1212BF4
NJP1/2-F12~DB2, RC1212BF4
DF2
Block+DF2
D2
BF2

i have spent some time with jacqui after patch:

i have found a reliable AA/antiXO(crossover) tech... basically like cassies game against crossovers.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
What up Jagged...

From what I gather, you have to learn the character completely. So... digging through the old stuff is gonna be your best bet right now. One major change is that B2, B33, Kara B2 and Kara B4 built in OS's are gone, so you might read through some input combinations that used to be safe and now should be done differently depending on the variation. Anyway... here's some stuff I made to get people started with SG.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/pump-action-raptor-resets.54809/

There is also a Kara cancel guide within. This is very important to learn, more in SG than FA in my opinion.

Once you learn the old Jacqui, then we'll go over the new stuff.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

@WidowPuppy
thanks ill look it over and get back to you:)

has F121 always messed up? it says last hit is OH but it wont allow you to Commit OH unless you hit with first 2... wtf right? was it like that before or did they mess it up on 8-31/9-1?

nice writeup;) @WidowPuppy

i liked this part, for the most i knew that stuff, but there was some i didnt know. like what F4B2 was kalled kara lol...

but anyways i liked this part:
On hit... 121, 21, 11, and 12 all grant an uninterruptible B2. 12 however, grants a 50/50 option between B2 and B33, being the only string with enough advantage on hit while still leaving you at range for B33.

21 leaves you at 22 frames of hit advantage.

121 leaves you at 22 frames of hit advantage.

12 leaves you at 21 frames of hit advantage, but leaves you the closest to your opponent making a perfectly timed B33 uninterruptible. After 12 on hit, your opponent cannot press any button or neutral duck immediately. This makes them have to respect 114, easily hit confirmable into Dust or just ending the 114 at +2 if blocked. S1 as a tick throw after 12 on hit is good because if done just 2 frames after recovery, it will grab on hit or block. Other strings will make the immediate grab attempt whiff on hit.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

@WidowPuppy

has F121 always messed up? it says last hit is OH but it wont allow you to Commit OH unless you hit with first 2... wtf right? was it like that before or did they mess it up on 8-31/9-1?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
@WidowPuppy

Yup, it's always been like that. Discussed hundreds of times throughout the Jacqui forums. What would seem like a bug is in actuality something that was purposely removed pre launch for balancing.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Here are some more unmentioned changes that missed the patch notes.

4U4. Recovery 13 from 15 Hit Advantage 63 from 59 [allowing you to now Dust in SG without EX DB2]

D1. Recovery 13 from 16

F4. Start Up 33 from 35 [assuming that goes for F4 kara as well]

NJP. Start Up 9 from 11 Active frames 7 from 6

B12. Recovery 30 from 35

B33. Cancel Advantage 23 from 21

DD4. 23 Hit Advantage from 14 Recovery 27 from 34

Also something that you guys should be aware of is that [while not the most popular string] 2334... 233~HC used to be uninteruptible with the gap between the last 3 and 4, but since the changes to 23, there is now a gap between 23[gap]3. Just throwin it out there.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Man I'm getting no love from the Jacqui community. There's a chat and stuff? I guess it's what I get for being a pre-patch up player.

i looked around the forums and only found one thread that was up to date!

i never really used jaqui because well, she sucked before this patch, and now im glad to say i see some potential.

my issues:

her F12(1) string is an OH but it does not work, you have to hit them with first 2 hits for the 3rd to come out. so my question is, why make it an OH...
that has to be a bug??? right?'

well if that gets fixed, she will have an ok advancing mixups combo starter.. i also like her F2U2 DD1/2+4

what has everyone found so far?

whats her best strings now?
whats her best Pokes?
whats her best starters?
and most of all what her best Restands?

@WidowPuppy
teach me Jaqui;)
also can you add me to the jaqui chat?pweeese:cool:
I've been messing with her a lot since this patch and here are some opinions of mine, and some definitive facts about how I think her gameplan is going to go.

I think messing around with fishing for meterless BnB's is a waste of time due to the execution that could be required because of the fake out input. We're better off sticking with punishing with string/normal into BF4 because it nets good damage for no effort. B2BF4 and B33BF4 do 21% and 23% respectively as braindead punishes without meter. Just my opinion on this one.

Any string into DF2 is safe. This is fact. Everything she can do that doesn't have a gap before the DF2 would come out is turned into a safe blockstring. Although to be exact, you're -1 which is basically neutral.

Her 1 bar damage game is pretty fucking nuts. B33 as a starter nets you 40% for a rather braindead combo. B33(EX)DB2, JiP133BF4.

Not able to currently confirm at this time, but she seems to have a reset that does not require fanangling a position with the low gunshot. 121 is +23-25 on hit, somewhere in there. As far as I can tell in matches, EX DB2 followed by JiP1121 is a true reset that forces them to either block B2 or B33. Because B2 and B33 are easily hit comfirmable you have a safe vortex because if they block the option you picked, you just DF2 and reset the frames to neutral. I'm going to put this under more like theory crafting, although trying it online has netted me what appears to be true resets.

Her low poke game is pretty bad due to either reach or start up time. I consider this a fact unless someone wants to argue it.

Also for some reason, it seems like for pressure if they eat (don't block) 1212DF2 in the corner they HAVE to block another 1212DF2 if they don't have meter for armor. I got this scenario multiple times but never got it to loop more than once.

Right now I feel she's a punish heavy pressure character who POTENTIALLY has Quan Chi-esque near touch of death potential. If you hit B2(EX)DB2, JiP1121, and let's say they guess wrong and you hit them with B2BF4, that's over 40% for one bar for a wrong guess. Not good for the opponent at all. This is assuming 121 works as an actual reset tool of course.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I've been messing with her a lot since this patch and here are some opinions of mine, and some definitive facts about how I think her gameplan is going to go.

I think messing around with fishing for meterless BnB's is a waste of time due to the execution that could be required because of the fake out input. We're better off sticking with punishing with string/normal into BF4 because it nets good damage for no effort. B2BF4 and B33BF4 do 21% and 23% respectively as braindead punishes without meter. Just my opinion on this one. Knowing her meterless bnb's are super important, and she can get decent damage depending on the starter. b2 and b33 aren't the best punishing tools imo because of their speed and in the case of b33, it's range. if anything for punishes that you know are going to hit I think you can do b2 or b33 bf2, dust run in, 3,3-bf4 (or maybe even f2u2 gpc 4-bf4 as your ender) execution on the new f2u2 cancel isn't hard.

Any string into DF2 is safe. This is fact. Everything she can do that doesn't have a gap before the DF2 would come out is turned into a safe blockstring. Although to be exact, you're -1 which is basically neutral.

Her 1 bar damage game is pretty fucking nuts. B33 as a starter nets you 40% for a rather braindead combo. B33(EX)DB2, JiP133BF4. Agree, but you can get even better damage. also note that there is a pretty significant difference between the hit stun of ji1 and ji2.

Not able to currently confirm at this time, but she seems to have a reset that does not require fanangling a position with the low gunshot. 121 is +23-25 on hit, somewhere in there. As far as I can tell in matches, EX DB2 followed by JiP1121 is a true reset that forces them to either block B2 or B33. Because B2 and B33 are easily hit comfirmable you have a safe vortex because if they block the option you picked, you just DF2 and reset the frames to neutral. I'm going to put this under more like theory crafting, although trying it online has netted me what appears to be true resets. B2 is not hit confirmable. well by me at least. her vortex actually isn't as safe anymore with the OS gone. you have to commit to what you're doing now.

Her low poke game is pretty bad due to either reach or start up time. I consider this a fact unless someone wants to argue it. her poke game is pretty booty, but it has gotten better since the patch with a faster d1 and an 8 frame s4 which is good to use in the counter poking game.

Also for some reason, it seems like for pressure if they eat (don't block) 1212DF2 in the corner they HAVE to block another 1212DF2 if they don't have meter for armor. I got this scenario multiple times but never got it to loop more than once. you can get 2 restands in one combo, but the restand will only continue the same combo once. I'm pretty sure that in the corner 1212 db2 hits low and causes a KD unless you MB it.

Right now I feel she's a punish heavy pressure character who POTENTIALLY has Quan Chi-esque near touch of death potential. If you hit B2(EX)DB2, JiP1121, and let's say they guess wrong and you hit them with B2BF4, that's over 40% for one bar for a wrong guess. Not good for the opponent at all. This is assuming 121 works as an actual reset tool of course. I don't see Jacqui Being a Quan chi style touch of death character like Quan at all. Quan's vortex has hardtoblockables all over it and do even more damage. I'm not saying her vortex in shotgun doesn't have value, but unless you burn meter it's not a very safe vortex. I don't believe the hit advantage for 121 will help you mid screen as you'll need to run in to use B33. I could be wrong about that. If i remember correctly people were doing the same thing with shotgun but using the hit advantage from 21.
I don't know very much about Shotgun, but I'm pretty sure most of this is wrong. see in RED my thoughts

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

my biggest problems with Jacqui SG is:

4u4: just cant input it right, they really need to change that, either the input timing or the Input command to commit it.

D1: great speed at i think 7f, but not bad for it used to being 8, but my beef is with the range! it sucks, most of her moves push them back to far to tap with it.

D3: ok speed but no range as well.

D4: Slow as hell... 13 frames, that needs to be faster imo

F121: last but note least! This move is bugged as hell... Its an OH that don't come out on block? WTF is NRS doing? they just gave her patch, why not fix this? shows how much time and effort they actually put into this game.. just a quick glance at data, and if its not stated by someone known, or entire comunity complaines about it, it will Go unnoticed for sure!

F2U2 has a gap depending on what you are doing. i can get taped by D1 out of mid air after i F2U2, DU4(before i have the chance to touch ground and continue combo!)

MadeOfMetal

I think messing around with fishing for meterless BnB's is a waste of time due to the execution that could be required because of the fake out input. We're better off sticking with punishing with string/normal into BF4 because it nets good damage for no effort. B2BF4 and B33BF4 do 21% and 23% respectively as braindead punishes without meter. Just my opinion on this one.

Her 1 bar damage game is pretty fucking nuts. B33 as a starter nets you 40% for a rather braindead combo. B33(EX)DB2, JiP133BF4.

Not able to currently confirm at this time, but she seems to have a reset that does not require fanangling a position with the low gunshot. 121 is +23-25 on hit, somewhere in there. As far as I can tell in matches, EX DB2 followed by JiP1121 is a true reset that forces them to either block B2 or B33. Because B2 and B33 are easily hit comfirmable you have a safe vortex because if they block the option you picked, you just DF2 and reset the frames to neutral. I'm going to put this under more like theory crafting, although trying it online has netted me what appears to be true resets.

Her low poke game is pretty bad due to either reach or start up time. I consider this a fact unless someone wants to argue it.

Also for some reason, it seems like for pressure if they eat (don't block) 1212DF2 in the corner they HAVE to block another 1212DF2 if they don't have meter for armor. I got this scenario multiple times but never got it to loop more than once.

Right now I feel she's a punish heavy pressure character who POTENTIALLY has Quan Chi-esque near touch of death potential. If you hit B2(EX)DB2, JiP1121, and let's say they guess wrong and you hit them with B2BF4, that's over 40% for one bar for a wrong guess. Not good for the opponent at all. This is assuming 121 works as an actual reset tool of course.
with OS basically being gone, i dont feel she is anywhere near Quan... but thanks for trying... if you said Cassie id believe it;)

stosn

Noob
you're asking too much for a good character at this point. Godlike dmg, good mixup, good new frametrap with s4. But she has bad range on pokes and some normals. I think everything is balanced. I am afraid that in the next patch she got some nerfs ( slower s4, or more scale dmg, more minus on some specials )

MadeOfMetal

Just gonna stay quiet.
bring on the New jacqui tips:)

also do you feel:
D1,D3 could have more range?
and D4 maybe being faster considering the cast frames on these moves?

and what about 4u4 how the fuck do you input that?
also will they ever fix F121?

and do you notice a gap in F2U2DU4?

MadeOfMetal

you're asking too much for a good character at this point. Godlike dmg, good mixup, good new frametrap with s4. But she has bad range on pokes and some normals. I think everything is balanced. I am afraid that in the next patch she got some nerfs ( slower s4, or more scale dmg, more minus on some specials )
SHHHHHHHHHHHHsh dont say that:p

how is a longer reaching D1 or D3 asking to much... she is like bottom 6 for reach with pokes.. and her one advancing string F121 is broke and don't work as intended?
considering the rest of the cast... thats not asking for much... i mean others do what she does but does it better... ?
(excluding Kara cancels) and F2U2 has a gap to some of the cast with fast frames.)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
bring on the New jacqui tips:)

also do you feel:
D1,D3 could have more range?
and D4 maybe being faster considering the cast frames on these moves?

and what about 4u4 how the fuck do you input that?
also will they ever fix F121?

and do you notice a gap in F2U2DU4?
D1, D3, D4, F121... Check old threads, old news.

Gap in F2U2~DU4 is safe, canceled into 2+4 or DD4/MB.DD4, yes there is a gap.

Tips, like I said before... seems you have to completely learn Jacqui, there are several threads in The Jacqui forums with all types of useful info.

Tips as far as new to FA, which is what I'm using at the moment... B2~DB2 is godlike on block, B2~MB.DB2 is even more godlike on block. :)
Must confirm B33 now [unlike pre patch] into DB3, on block into nothing or DF2. Punish everything that leaves you in range with her godlike Jab punish or F12 into max meterless damage [S4~DF2 is a good get off me, and S4~BF2 into... is a good fast punish where S1 won't reach/], and save your meter for midscreen blockstring pressure and breakers, do not need meter in the corner with FA.

Sure I'm forgetting things but, couple things at a time...

SG... Too unfamiliar with the new changes to comment

MadeOfMetal

D1, D3, D4, F121... Check old threads, old news.

Gap in F2U2~DU4 is safe, canceled into 2+4 or DD4/MB.DD4, yes there is a gap.

Tips, like I said before... seems you have to completely learn Jacqui, there are several threads in The Jacqui forums with all types of useful info.

Tips as far as new to FA, which is what I'm using at the moment... B2~DB2 is godlike on block, B2~MB.DB2 is even more godlike on block. :)
Must confirm B33 now [unlike pre patch] into DB3, on block into nothing or DF2. Punish everything that leaves you in range with her godlike Jab punish or F12 into max meter-less damage [S4~DF2 is a good get off me, and S4~BF2 into... is a good fast punish where S1 won't reach/], and save your meter for mid-screen block-string pressure and breakers, do not need meter in the corner with FA.

Sure I'm forgetting things but, couple things at a time...

SG... Too unfamiliar with the new changes to comment
not that i don't like FA its just no one gives respect to it, most of the players online scream SPAM and have no clue what Zoning is...
I've always been a hardcore Bruiser/Rushdown player... Noxious Reptile/Cassie Brawler/Sonya Demo/D'vorah Venomous/Johnny Cage A-List...

yeah i oticed the B2 into low shotgun.. and that DF2 = +1 on block...

btw do you know what we are on block when we Fakeout off F2U2?

and please tell me how to use that 4U4 move i had it come out once... have no clue what I'm doing wrong?

what are your favorite advancing strings with her?
i have to use those a lot..like with Cassie i used:
B124 D3 332 F24 B212EXBF1 D+F~DB2 maybe EX if not hit i stay +1 on block through that chip string...I'm not expecting that from JB but just need a point in the right direction.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Almost true. There is a gap if you do 11-df2. Tested against Reptile and Cassie. Just wanted to clarify.