What's new

Short Deal points to Spawn as MKX Guest Character

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
This here is a interview with Todd McFarlane the creator of Spawn.
They talk about bringing Spawn back into the mainstream.

His answer of the question "Could we see Spawn in Injustice or Mortal Kombat?" is "We actually have a short deal with them so they maybe put him in there."
(at 4:00)

It looks like if NRS and WB wants to put Spawn in MKX they just can do it without a problem.
Its interesting if putting him in MKX is the so called "short deal".

Todd McFarlane says the "short deal" allows them to use Spawn for one or a couple of games for a period of time. (at 5:00)

The only question is....is the or one of these games MKX? Everything points at it.

@STORMS

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I think it's a certainty. I think it also sheds light on a bit of boon trolling too. Everyone's been assuming it's sweet tooth because boon has been heavily hinting that, but if you think about the last "sweet tooth" hint, it was about red velvet oreos, which are red, white and black. Not unlike Spawn

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I think it's a certainty. I think it also sheds light on a bit of boon trolling too. Everyone's been assuming it's sweet tooth because boon has been heavily hinting that, but if you think about the last "sweet tooth" hint, it was about red velvet oreos, which are red, white and black. Not unlike Spawn
Sure hope so bu tthat is a major reach. Like Mr. Fantastic left his keys on the top floor and hes on the bottom floor type of reach.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Is spawn a dc character? I thought he was an image char.
Who owns the right to Spawn is this long insane drawn out legal case, but more or less it's just Todd McFarlane for Spawn himself, whereas Spawn characters like Angela etc. all got divied up between various creators. So if Todd McFarlane as an individual is down with Spawn being MKX it can happen.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'd rather it be so many other characters but it could have definitely been someone worse.

That said I 100% sure Spawn won't have anything to do with the two confirmed guest characters in the season pass seeing as how his availability just became a thing.

Unless I misread/misheard this is McFarlane saying "They could if they wanted to" not "They are".

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I'd rather it be so many other characters but it could have definitely been someone worse.

That said I 100% sure Spawn won't have anything to do with the two confirmed guest characters in the season pass seeing as how his availability just became a thing.

Unless I misread this is McFarlane saying "They could if they wanted to" not "They are".
Yes "they could if they want to" not "they are".
But it being a deal for a short period of time sounds like a inclusion of Spawn as a guest character in a game and MKX fits perfectly in the time window.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I refuse to get my hopes up. I'm a loooong time Spawn fan and Todd's interviews should be taken with a grain of salt. For example in like 2007 he was going on and on about how Spawn 2 and a new animated series were in "final stages of production". Here we are in 2015 and neither have been heard from.

At the same time Spawn in MK is kind of a dream of mine, and would be a terrific fit.