What's new

Sheeva Matchup Discussion Thread

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
So I'd like to ask my 3 favourite Sheevlings how they deal with Gayden for the most part.
Espio peachyO CongoFury
Hmm. For me I dont come across many ppl who play raiden when i play online.
Bt from what i can remember i normally try to ground pound since it cannot be blocked.
If i dont manage to get a ground pound off quick enough I sometimes crotch block and poke with a d1/d4 and then follow through.
This MU can be a bit tricky for me sometimes because I try to read the opponent and then make my move which can make or break it for me because i sometimes dont react fast enough when i see raiden teleport.

Espio

Kokomo
So I'd like to ask my 3 favourite Sheevlings how they deal with Gayden for the most part.
Not gonna ask how to punish his superman of course but about his tele when you're full screen
and you know he's gonna tele behind your back what's the best counter/punish for that?
Ground stomp is an option, actually in this particular MU is very useful since it knocks him down
whether he tries to tele or not haha I've also been trying 4 g'n'p on reaction and it gets him
even as an aa if he tries to jump after the tele. We know that fball and TS aren't strongly advised against
him so we gotta use what we can as it can be a frustrating 'catch me if you can' MU.
Espio peachyO CongoFury

I don't play the match up that much, not many Raiden players i come across. Most of my experience is with Stryker and Jade :(.

Depends on how they react, sometimes I go for a low poke like down 3 or throw. If they cross up after a tele often, I sometimes try neutral jump punching, but that's all gauging player tendencies.

I use ground pound sometimes if I guess Raiden is going to tele or lightning, but you wanna be very careful about that because if you read it wrong, the whiff recovery is really bad so you get punished hard.

You have to play pretty much all footsies and spacing in this match up, it's not too bad for her, but I haven't played it a whole lot in depth.

Yesterday I did some online matches with my online-friend: we did tag matches to bring out more charas and make at least change one the characters.

I started out with Sheeva and Shang Tsung
He started out with Scorpion and Ermac

I win more than he so he changed his partners to:
Scorp with Mileena, Reptile, Raiden, Jax
All of those partners are very hard to me, but winnable
ultimately he decides to drop his Scorp, because he found out that I learned to control his Scorp.

From then winning was more on his side...

I found out that he can easily rape my poor Sheeva with his Raiden and the fast pressure charas like Mileena and Reptile.
So I also changed charas to Sheeva with Sindel, and others like Sindel/Rain, Jade/Kitana, Sub-Zero/Kitana

We did some really thrilling and intense matches with my Sheeva/Sindel vs his Jax/Raiden or Raiden/Scorp
He always sticks to his Raiden for winning and tries with the other to control my Sheeva

One of the most remarkable matches where Sheeva with parter vs his Jax with partner.
It was very hard and he win more than me but the game play was just thrilling and intense it was great fun.

I can enjoy playing also when loosing and its a challenge to overcome bad MU.
I can enjoy the mk-games not only a another beat'em up game, further I' am an mk-universe fan and the match-ups where magic with nemesis battling it out. So we can say some kinda of fantasy kicks in similar to story playing by choosing great characters match-ups.
To see Jax takes apart my Sheeva was ultimately thrilling. His strong arms hammering-in my poor four armed-Amazon making look her four arms weak sometimes. :(
What I' am trying to say is that those battles where epic and authentic, we also didn't do the finishers too often, so its gonna look like out fighters challengeing eachother serveral times.
After an one sided domination fight or a super close win the finisher was well placed to bring out the intensitiy of this epic struggles.
He texted me also: "My girl did well and my play was hard but entertaining and fair!"

I hate to see people only doing boring play, with always the same traps, moves, combos.
When I' am dominating and be able ot win mostly I switch to another character to make it thrilling again.

After that session we exchanged compiments about our mains and others.
That's an online experience I which every player.

thanks
- NiceGuyAut

PS: next time I record them and upload it on youtube for critic and help

Sindelia
thanks for the offer, I promise to record my online footage soon.
Give me a few days to shedule a serions session.

I have seen many corner-combo videos exceeding 100% damage.
Not sure if I know that of yours.
But sadly I can never pull something like that out - online!

I' am not a top ranked player, you know. Just a enthusiastic fun player. xMAPUSAxx kicks my ass big time since the game came out, if you know him with Kitana/Sonya

thanks
- NiceGuyAut

I don't like mirror matches, so I would choose another pair/character if we found us
I think I can still benefit from the lession...

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Depends on how they react, sometimes I go for a low poke like down 3 or throw...
I use ground pound sometimes if I guess Raiden is going to tele or lightning, but you wanna be very careful about that because if you read it wrong, the whiff recovery is really bad so you get punished hard.

agreed. poking seems to be the better option for me sometimes...because of how fast his teleport is and how slow my reaction is as well. lol.

I' ve played agains some Raiden players lately and now I have improved my win/lose ratio ignifficantly because of poking with d1, d4
Besides that I jumped more than usual and overjumped after beatdown => the important thing here is to jump-punch/kick with max delay only then its the chance to hit raiden after he teleports.

Of course a pro player can do a counter strategy quickly.

- NiceGuyAut

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
For Raiden you can't throw fireballs or stomp so you pretty much left with punishing his tele. You should be able to do this with 212f1 on a good connection but if not you can ex GnP, cross them over or NJP, b2, 1+2~AA grab if you read a crossover from them.

You can ex GnP after b3, b31 or 33 on a read or bait and 212f1 if they get tele happy during strings.

Horrible match on a bad connection for sure.

I'm making it my mission to land 12b1, 212f1~low grab (whiff), 212f1~GnP in the corner on someone at the moment. I will get it!