What's new

Sheeva Matchup Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I realize that there might be a matchup thread already in this forum, but the point of this thread is to discuss matchups to make the Matchup Chart as accurate as possible.

When you discuss or list what you think the matchups are, please do so in alphabetical order. Also, they should be listed in either whole numbers or .5 notations.

The current Matchup Chart for Sheeva is as follows:

Updated: July 5th 2014

4-6 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
3-7 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Ermac
3-7 vs Freddy Krueger
4-6 vs Jade
3-7 vs Jax
2-8 vs Johnny Cage
2-8 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
3-7 vs Kenshi
2-8 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao
3-7 vs Liu Kang
3-7 vs Mileena
4-6 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
4-6 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
4-6 vs Rain
3-7 vs Reptile
4-6 vs Scorpion
3-7 vs Sektor
3-7 vs Shang Tsung
4-6 vs Sindel
3-7 vs Skarlet
3-7 vs Smoke
2-8 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

Agree? Disagree? DISCUSS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Frog

Noob
Haven't seen that many negative numbers since high school.

I agree though. It's a shame, but o well. Half the fun for me is trying to overcome the bad matchups. Good stuff.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Wow.

I knew Sheeva had her bad matchups but dayum I didn't know they was THAT bad! Got dayum!

Oh well, still love old four arms anyways.

I don't think Noob is 4-6, for me that's another 2-8 lol

I think Kabal is 2-8 at least.

He can easily zone her.

You can't telestomp, he can just en dash or NJP.

You need to be careful of wake up because of dash.

Need to be careful when doing frame traps because of dash.

Can't cross him up.

He controls your positioning, by ending combos in Tornado Slam or not.

As far as I can tell, she can't reliably punish his Buzz Saw, asides from F4.

The few ways you can get in are by telestomping any Buzz Saws, which require good reactions. If you do it too late, he gets an En Dash. You can dash D3. Potentially wake up en ground stomps, though it only works if he buzz saws/standing gas blasts on your knockdown.

And of course he has his dash mix ups, and you can't fireball/ground stomp him because gas blasts are too fast, and en dash.

I was reluctant to post here, because all my MU experience is online, but hey some MU opinions are better than none. The above is taken from playing about 3-4 different Kabals.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I've learned to not play patiently with Sheeva. Just keep attacking and throw out random armored moves. The moment you start playing her like a normal chracter and block, it's over, especially against Cage, who can keep going forever against the slowness goddess.

I've learned to not play patiently with Sheeva. Just keep attacking and throw out random armored moves. The moment you start playing her like a normal chracter and block, it's over, especially against Cage, who can keep going forever against the slowness goddess.
Some matches you need to play patiently, and zone with Fireball mixed in with telestomps. An example would be Cyrax. If he gets one en ragdoll or any knock down on you, especially if you're meterless, you're pretty much done.

Other examples off the top of my head, Kitana, Kabal, Kung Lao, Cage.

Maybe I'm just used to blocking from playing Rose in SF.

Big Frog

Noob
No I agree with you, BBB. You list all good examples. However I also agree that sometimes it is better to play recklessly. Specifically against people who can punish the telestomp every time.

i dont like those kung lao numbers. I used to get pissed whenever i played against a KL as a sheeva player but now i chuckle in delight knowing I can easily take them out. he's now one of the easier match ups for me and idc how good the persons kung lao is

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Is there one single match up that is in Sheevas favor? Not a 5-5 but 6-4.

I don't nearly think the MU vs Kabal is neaaaaaaaaaaaarly as bad, as the MU vs. Mileena lol.

IMHO Sheeva vs. Mileena should be 2-8 (1-9) free. And that's at players playing at highest level.

Vs. Kabal u can deal with his zoning. And if timed right u can indeed telestomp between IAGB. Or at least EX telestomp between them. Always direct behind. And mix it up in front to avoid NJp.

EX fireball and ground stomp kills ND from full screen. I don't think good Kabal players EX ND carelessly, unless they anticipate you are pressuring with normals or during clutch.

And if the Kabal can't b+2 x NDC like REO, then their pressure is manageable.

And Sheeva with good pressure is never a bad thing. :)

As Sheeva I LOVE fighting vs. Kabal and Raiden. Especially vs. Raiden. Sheeva vs. Raiden is NOT 3 - 7 LMFAO. It's more like even if u ask me. But again I play vs. Raiden and Kabal all the time.

The Sheeva vs. JC MU is hella annoying though. -__-

My Sheeva is very rush down heavy. I typically lose to zoning when I make tons of mistakes.

Vs. Raiden I have no problem staying in his face. And I try to make good reads on teleport (countered with ground stomp) and electric fly (countered with b+2,1+2 x whatever u want / or 1 > dash > 2,1,2 x whatever u want)

Vs. Raiden IMO is one of those match ups that if you can pressure him well and know how to block it really shouldn't be an issue. There isn't a range Raiden has that I fear.

I really don't know what more to say lol.

REO

Undead
I don't nearly think the MU vs Kabal is neaaaaaaaaaaaarly as bad, as the MU vs. Mileena lol.

IMHO Sheeva vs. Mileena should be 2-8 (1-9) free. And that's at players playing at highest level.

Vs. Kabal u can deal with his zoning. And if timed right u can indeed telestomp between IAGB. Or at least EX telestomp between them. Always direct behind. And mix it up in front to avoid NJp.

EX fireball and ground stomp kills ND from full screen. I don't think good Kabal players EX ND carelessly, unless they anticipate you are pressuring with normals or during clutch.

And if the Kabal can't b+2 x NDC like REO, then their pressure is manageable.

And Sheeva with good pressure is never a bad thing. :)

As Sheeva I LOVE fighting vs. Kabal and Raiden. Especially vs. Raiden. Sheeva vs. Raiden is NOT 3 - 7 LMFAO. It's more like even if u ask me. But again I play vs. Raiden and Kabal all the time.

The Sheeva vs. JC MU is hella annoying though. -__-
You should check out my next video, I'm sure you'll like it. It gives the lay down on everyone's hated sister.

Espio

Kokomo
My match up chart for Sheeva, my opinion isn't majorly important obviously , but this is from my experience since the game's release.

4-6 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
4-6 vs Jade
4-6 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
2-8 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
3-7 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
4-6 vs Quan Chi
5-5 vs Raiden
4-6 vs Rain
3-7 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
3-7 vs Sektor
3-7 vs Shang Tsung
4-6 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i dont think this chart ever tells people how good of a character sheeva really is cause she does great damage just think b4 u do a move and just try and read the person you playing and you will have a great chance against anyone yesterday online on xbox 360 i beat a really good Kitana she had trouble wit mix ups and i beat her wake up every time

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
I think your numbers are off a bit. Sheeva actualy (in the hands of somone who knows whats going on) can win as long as you know her counters to each match-up. The match-up numbers don't take into account players like GGA Jeramiah's super awsome Sheeva play.

Espio

Kokomo
I think your numbers are off a bit. Sheeva actualy (in the hands of somone who knows whats going on) can win as long as you know her counters to each match-up. The match-up numbers don't take into account players like GGA Jeramiah's super awsome Sheeva play.

Jeremiah is indeed an impressive Sheeva main....and the tier list is just a frame of reference for who is easier to win with, you can win with everyone if you outplay your opponent, it's just more difficult with certain characters.

peachyO

Noob
So I'd like to ask my 3 favourite Sheevlings how they deal with Gayden for the most part.
Not gonna ask how to punish his superman of course but about his tele when you're full screen
and you know he's gonna tele behind your back what's the best counter/punish for that?
Ground stomp is an option, actually in this particular MU is very useful since it knocks him down
whether he tries to tele or not haha I've also been trying 4 g'n'p on reaction and it gets him
even as an aa if he tries to jump after the tele. We know that fball and TS aren't strongly advised against
him so we gotta use what we can as it can be a frustrating 'catch me if you can' MU.
Espio peachyO CongoFury
both options you mention are sound. by no means safe, but as you say, we gotta use what we can. another option i use at times is a simple jump kick. for example, if raiden is on the right side of the screen and teleports to the left, then, as soon as you see him start, press b+u,k. it works well, but look out for a superman wakeup.

i personally prefer the ground stomp. :)